JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
He's what you call a second chance dog out of a kill shelter. I don't know many non-humans I would take a bullet for but think he might be my first. Non-dog owners need not reply'

image.jpeg

Firm believer in rescue animals.

Cat only owner currently, dog owner first 20 years of life.

Thank you for your kindness towards animals. It makes the world a better place. And experience the best friend you'll ever have, not flakey like the humans. Watch him close, people are very fearfully of certain breeds. I had read our vets with PTSD were saving dogs from kill shelters and it was great therapy for them. :)

IMG_20170130_085619.jpg

Spike was a rescue and had many previous owners. He was very gun-shy, a bit nervous and someone had broke his spirit but he was a great dog. No need for a chain even at a busy campground, very well behaved. Our staffy was always on lock down so he didn't scare people. IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0872.JPG

We have nine (yes, nine) mutts, five of which is a litter of Chihuahua's that we had (on purpose) and kept every one. Eight Chihuahua's and a slightly overweight Pug....;-) What I do know is that about 12 million dogs are euthanized every year, and my heart goes out to anyone that saves a dog's life. My wife is 'comfortably retired' so our mutts get the best of care, home made food, and tons of love and lap time. We decided some time ago that when mother nature starts thinning our herd, we'll be saving rescue dogs lives. Seems like the only logical thing to do.

The litter of five is on the left (L to R: Spike, Kismet, Uno, Tuchi, and Pico), Cleo the pug (AKA: SuperTanker), mommy of the litter with just her head peeking out (Chica), and the queen bee, Lucy, upper right. Lucy just turned 17 and is going pretty darn good for an old girl. Only dog missing is the daddy of the litter, a beautiful little long haired Chi named Tut.

Yes, we're a bit crazy.......:rolleyes:

Seven of Nine.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads