JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanted a lab but these guys showed up. Both were strays. The black one was found in a machine shed at a farm and the light colored one showed up at my wife work place.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I couldn't help it, he hypnotized me.

Cpt.jpeg

In truth, his previous owner apparently died and he didn't work out at a neighbors place who tried but couldn't handle him. Wound up at the animal shelter for 2 1/2 months before we "sprung" him. Not sure what the problem was, he's a sweetheart, well mannered, loves people, loves car rides, and doesn't run off anywhere. He has 100 pounds of personality packed into a 50 pound body.

DSCN0594.JPG
DSCN0644.JPG

DSCN0628.JPG

All our dogs have found us or needed homes when we got them. We have lost two of them in the last 14 months, the last one in September after 14 years. They have left a big hole in our lives, and we have been dog less for the first time in our 28 years together.

We have visiting grand dogs each month, a Lab and a German Shepard who usually spend at least a week end each with us. I trained both of them as puppies, so it is great to have them around.
I guess we are getting a cat that our son has. Not really cat people but our son is getting divorced and his ex gets the weiner dog, he does not get to visit the dog at all, and the cat needed a home, not his fault sh*t went sideways. He was pretty good at ambushing the big dogs around corners and such so there is some entertainment value there. He will do fine as long as he stays inside at night and does not become coyote food.

Wife does not want a dog for a while, we have some travelling to do the next couple of years and trying to find a place for a dog to stay is hard, we prefer them to be with family and not boarded.

I couldn't help it, he hypnotized me.

View attachment 342607

In truth, his previous owner apparently died and he didn't work out at a neighbors place who tried but couldn't handle him. Wound up at the animal shelter for 2 1/2 months before we "sprung" him. Not sure what the problem was, he's a sweetheart, well mannered, loves people, loves car rides, and doesn't run off anywhere. He has 100 pounds of personality packed into a 50 pound body.

View attachment 342608
View attachment 342609

View attachment 342610
I want to have a Bull Terrier some day before i got too old. A friend of mine had one years ago and his name was Spike. He was really cool but did not like other male dogs.
Thanks
James

My cat is a rescue I got him when due to regular overnight duty standing having a dog wasn't an option and I was tired of coming home to an empty apartment each night. When I got him he was 9-11 months old and extremely shy. Nobody wanted to adopt him as he didn't look like a cute kitten and he wasn't going to come up to you to be social. I figured I could deal with that and he has been quite happy he still after a good 6-7 years is shy and skittish but he is a happy guy. My dog I wont bother posting up here I'll share pictures of her in the other dog threads as she isn't a rescue but I also got her specifically with a job in mind as I was already volunteering with a K9 SAR team when I got her so I specifically picked her up with the intention of using her as a working dog. My next dog will likely be from the Malinois rescue now that I have working dog experience as I have always loved Mals

We had my daughter's 10th birthday party on Saturday. She wanted an animal party, and that's what she got. My wife arranged for one of the local pet stores to come to the party and bring a wide variety of animals including rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, a bird and 4 Australian shepherd mix puppies. The kids went nuts over playing with all the animals, and the puppies got a ton of love. This was held at a local farm (needed a place we could bring in animals and they had a venue to do that), the kids also got to visit with some goats, horses, alpacas, chickens and more rabbits.

I have to say I was darn close to wanting to adopt one of those little guys after I picked him up and he just melted in my arms. It's been hard not to have a dog around, I'm looking forward to the time we can do so again.

Thanks to all of you who are good to animals, you are my friends.

I was never a "cat guy" then Ralph showed up in my back yard looking for some help. He was persistent, eventually I relented. It was the best decision I've ever made.

It's tricky to put into words the lengths that I would go to for him.

unnamed.jpg

We have nine (yes, nine) mutts, five of which is a litter of Chihuahua's that we had (on purpose) and kept every one. Eight Chihuahua's and a slightly overweight Pug....;-) What I do know is that about 12 million dogs are euthanized every year, and my heart goes out to anyone that saves a dog's life. My wife is 'comfortably retired' so our mutts get the best of care, home made food, and tons of love and lap time. We decided some time ago that when mother nature starts thinning our herd, we'll be saving rescue dogs lives. Seems like the only logical thing to do.

The litter of five is on the left (L to R: Spike, Kismet, Uno, Tuchi, and Pico), Cleo the pug (AKA: SuperTanker), mommy of the litter with just her head peeking out (Chica), and the queen bee, Lucy, upper right. Lucy just turned 17 and is going pretty darn good for an old girl. Only dog missing is the daddy of the litter, a beautiful little long haired Chi named Tut.

Yes, we're a bit crazy.......:rolleyes:

View attachment 341695
My dad has a coworker who has 12 dogs. 4 of them staffies. She's the crazy dog lady.

My kids grew up with a Lab-Border Collie who was with us 11 years. We got Jasper from the Bonnie Hayes Shelter. It really hit us hard when he passed, he had a tumor and it was our oldest boy's senior year of HS. We spent a few years without and then while the wife and oldest were back east visiting family, my middle son asked to look at the rescue dogs at PetSmart. All Terrier Rescue was there and they had a litter they recently saved.

Yoshi is two years old and acts like it. 15042048_10209198952305771_394396538283918602_o.jpg

We adopted Mr. Mac about four years ago. Willamette Animal rescue picked him up from a shelter in Northern Cal. Apparently all strays are killed there after 30 days. Turned out that right after we adopted him Willamette A.R. Was busted for hoarding dogs. They had a huge amount of dogs all malnourished, crammed together in small kennels and basically in rough shape. Mr. Mac was living with a foster family so he wasn't part of that but who knows? The owner of Willamette was also later arrested for identity theft. Glad they're out of business. Yes, we used to have nice carpet and hardwood floors without claw marks prior to Mr. Mac but now we have a "home".

IMG_20170622_193728_edit mac flag.jpg

Last Edited:
IMG_0389.JPG Not from a shelter, but we feel we "rescued" this guy from a very poor breeding situation. it was painfully obvious that the people involved had no experience, nor business, having animals.
He's an exceptional dog, and a tremendous addition to the family.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top