JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excuse my excitement but due to my working schedules I haven't been able to have a dog for 20+ yrs, and having finally retired this month... I GOTTA DOG!!!!! :)

I've been watching the pound and Craigslist for months looking at dogs (gave up on dealing with crazy rescue ladies) and today saw an ad for an "Olde English Bulldogge". LMAO thinking, is this a bulldog for fancy people or did somebody just get creative with the spelling? I started reading and found out that they're a fairly new breed started by a guy in the '70's that wanted to recreate the original bulldog as it was in the 1600's, mainly to repair the health issues that the regular bulldog has now. Evidently succeeded because they're one of the healthiest dogs there is. Everything else I read about temperament, etc sounded good so I thought I'd "just go look" at her. Yeah right. To make a long story short, I got out of the car and this goofy looking dog trots up, sits on my feet and gazes up at me insisting that I pet her. OK so much for just looking. :D

Anyway she's 6, a retired breeder and one of the friendliest dogs I've met plus very well behaved. Overweight right now by 10-15lbs or so, guessing 70 lbs thereabouts and less than knee high but she'll lose that fast as I walk at least a few miles everyday, usually more. Like a lot of dogs she thinks every ones her friend. She also thinks she's a lap dog and I need a bigger recliner....
ETA Just discovered that the owner of Franklin Butte bullies is a member here.
(stole the pic from the ad)
00z0z_2k9RnPfP2xL_1200x900.jpg
IMG_20170728_165b655.jpg

Last Edited:
Excuse my excitement but due to my working schedules I haven't been able to have a dog for 20+ yrs, and having finally retired this month... I GOTTA DOG!!!!! :)

I've been watching the pound and Craigslist for months looking at dogs (gave up on dealing with crazy rescue ladies) and today saw an ad for an "Olde English Bulldogge". LMAO thinking, is this a bulldog for fancy people or did somebody just get creative with the spelling? I started reading and found out that they're a fairly new breed started by a guy in the '70's that wanted to recreate the original bulldog as it was in the 1600's, mainly to repair the health issues that the regular bulldog has now. Evidently succeeded because they're one of the healthiest dogs there is. Everything else I read about temperament, etc sounded good so I thought I'd "just go look" at her. Yeah right. To make a long story short, I got out of the car and this goofy looking dog trots up, sits on my feet and gazes up at me insisting that I pet her. OK so much for just looking. :D

Anyway she's 6, a retired breeder and one of the friendliest dogs I've met plus very well behaved. Overweight right now by 10-15lbs or so, guessing 70 lbs thereabouts and less than knee high but she'll lose that fast as I walk at least a few miles everyday, usually more. Like a lot of dogs she thinks every ones her friend. She also thinks she's a lap dog and I need a bigger recliner....
(stole the pic from the ad)
View attachment 379969
View attachment 379971
Great looking pup!

Awwww, she is a little beauty .. Congrats and hope she gives you years of companionship and love :)

If she was used for breeding keep an eye on her mammary glands. And if not yet, get her spayed.

If she was used for breeding keep an eye on her mammary glands. And if not yet, get her spayed.
She's going to the vet 1st thing Monday morning for a thorough checkup and shots. I read that with the short muzzled dogs that sedation can be a problem so I'll be interrogating the vet and in the meantime maybe get some recs from breeders and rescue groups around here as far as best places for surgeries should the need arise. Up late last night and she was perfectly happy with sleeping in this morning but she's definitely ready for a walk now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top