JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rescue dogs KNOW they've been rescued. We have two.

DYNA
upload_2017-2-10_11-57-34.jpeg

and ZOE
upload_2017-2-10_11-58-5.jpeg

Last Edited:
Great topic. My older sister works with the pit rescue in the Tacoma area. It does not get much better than knowing you gave an animal a safe and great home. They will give you more back than you can ever give them.

We rescued an Old German Sheppard from a shelter, he had been there for quite a long time, people were afraid of him, and he had a habit of barking and howling a lot and he was a great big guy too. Wife said we should have a good sit down with him ans see how he would do, and we did the papers that same day! One of the best dogs I have had the privilege of knowing! He settled down into his new home and took to us like long lost family! He passed away only a year and 2 months later:(
I miss that old guy, but he had a loving and happy home with us, and we spoiled him rotten every chance we could!

in the other dog thread I posted I lost my Min Pin to sudden acute kidney issues a couple weeks ago
I found a little guy that needed a home and he feels like he was saved and is in love living in the country with me
ROCKY.jpg

Thank you for your kindness towards animals. It makes the world a better place. And experience the best friend you'll ever have, not flakey like the humans. Watch him close, people are very fearfully of certain breeds. I had read our vets with PTSD were saving dogs from kill shelters and it was great therapy for them. :)

View attachment 341668

That's very true!

I also personally know two vets with PTSD whose sanity if not there lives have been saved by they're four legged partners! Bless both sides in these partnerships!

I disagree with the statement that cats are not as good as dogs. My wife and I rescued one cat and adopted another. (one we found in field in a black plastic bag abandoned with other kittens, the other we got at a shelter.) and both of them are great pets. They love me and my wife and cuddle us.

We have nine (yes, nine) mutts, five of which is a litter of Chihuahua's that we had (on purpose) and kept every one. Eight Chihuahua's and a slightly overweight Pug....;-) What I do know is that about 12 million dogs are euthanized every year, and my heart goes out to anyone that saves a dog's life. My wife is 'comfortably retired' so our mutts get the best of care, home made food, and tons of love and lap time. We decided some time ago that when mother nature starts thinning our herd, we'll be saving rescue dogs lives. Seems like the only logical thing to do.

The litter of five is on the left (L to R: Spike, Kismet, Uno, Tuchi, and Pico), Cleo the pug (AKA: SuperTanker), mommy of the litter with just her head peeking out (Chica), and the queen bee, Lucy, upper right. Lucy just turned 17 and is going pretty darn good for an old girl. Only dog missing is the daddy of the litter, a beautiful little long haired Chi named Tut.

Yes, we're a bit crazy.......:rolleyes:

View attachment 341695

LOL!!! When the litter Is trying to get warm, nothing like a chunky Pug to cuddle!

Last Edited:
The Etrain household are animal lovers. Wife and I both come from families that have adopted rescues over the years.

My favorite dog growing up was a rescue German shepherd named Levi. About the best damn dog I've ever had the pleasure to own. He was very friendly and playful and, for spending very little time with us, very, very protective. One night a man showed up in our driveway, drunk, with a gun, looking for someone that didn't live in our house (1970's Oregon City, very odd thing to happen). Anyway, my dad confronted him and he wouldn't leave, so he opened the door and out came the dog, who chased the guy for 2 blocks, then quickly returned - moron never came back. We had Levi for just over a year unfortunately as he developed a tumor and had to be put down. But that one year was wonderful and I still miss him.

Today, our schedule makes it difficult to own a dog because we're away from home to often and we don't like leaving dogs alone for long periods of time. So our house currently has (2) guinea pigs, (1) hamster, (1) undead goldfish (seriously, this thing is almost 8 years old and just keeps going and going) and one possibly feral cat that we've been feeding on the back porch. Looking forward to getting another dog again someday, and it will likely be a rescue.

Our neighbors are amazed. Our cats come to thier names as well as the dogs do. The cats have a lot more freedom than our dogs but are everybit a member of the family
We did not go looking for our two cats they found us.

20160615_160155.jpg

in the other dog thread I posted I lost my Min Pin to sudden acute kidney issues a couple weeks ago
I found a little guy that needed a home and he feels like he was saved and is in love living in the country with me
View attachment 341764

I'm so glad that that a new MinPin found you, warpaint! Though I know that the pain from losing your old friend is still around so, again condolences!

Last Edited:
Our neighbors are amazed. Our cats come to thier names as well as the dogs do. The cats have a lot more freedom than our dogs but are everybit a member of the family
We did not go looking for our two cats they found us.

View attachment 341772

Handsome cats, JR! Of course cats come to their names! I assumed everyone knew that! o_O

The real trick of it is........have YOU pizzed off your cat today?

The Etrain household are animal lovers. Wife and I both come from families that have adopted rescues over the years.

My favorite dog growing up was a rescue German shepherd named Levi. About the best damn dog I've ever had the pleasure to own. He was very friendly and playful and, for spending very little time with us, very, very protective. One night a man showed up in our driveway, drunk, with a gun, looking for someone that didn't live in our house (1970's Oregon City, very odd thing to happen). Anyway, my dad confronted him and he wouldn't leave, so he opened the door and out came the dog, who chased the guy for 2 blocks, then quickly returned - moron never came back. We had Levi for just over a year unfortunately as he developed a tumor and had to be put down. But that one year was wonderful and I still miss him.

Today, our schedule makes it difficult to own a dog because we're away from home to often and we don't like leaving dogs alone for long periods of time. So our house currently has (2) guinea pigs, (1) hamster, (1) undead goldfish (seriously, this thing is almost 8 years old and just keeps going and going) and one possibly feral cat that we've been feeding on the back porch. Looking forward to getting another dog again someday, and it will likely be a rescue.
Does that feral cat have a white stripe down its back?

Here is our Aussie my wife's dog. We got Annie from a rancher in Molalla that uses them for protecting his cattle
She has been a blessing.
20161228_121750.jpg

That is one old goldfish. My house has 2 cats and a snake. The snake is only 4 so another good 16 years out of him. When @SparksFly 5 he got a beta fish and that thing lived 6 years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top