JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And why no Sexual Predator / or Sex Offender registry?

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2015/03/jill_curry_sentenced_to_4_year.html

Jill Curry - had sex with an inmate, multiple times, in the Washington County jail.
- The guy is an inmate, she had the power - the keys, the access to his cell, therefore isn't that rape?
- She had sex with someone who could not leave?
- Repeatedly, therefore isn't that worthy of being monitored?

Also - while I like my Sheriff, how could this have happened? Why would he leave a civilian employee alone in the maximum-security unit. Why wasn't there a deputy on-duty? Why didn't the command and control center notice she was grabbing the inmate out of his cell to take him for sex?

Now the Oregonian reports there is a pattern of behaviour at the Jail - that this is the normal way of doing things. When you have caught 3 people forcing themselves on inmates, how many more have done that without being caught.

Pat Garrett needs to resign, and the whole department need to be investigated.

2nd Person
http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2014/08/2nd_washington_county_jail_wor.html

3rd Person
http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2015/03/jill_curry.html

Well, he did sign off on my SBR.. So Im not too against him.

But damn.. Why bang those losers?
I mean she isnt "my" cup of tea but Ive been with ladies that are in her looks department... With that said she isnt "hideous" but shes no Eva Mendes.. Im quite sure she could get other guys.

Me thinks this is phycological, the thrill of sleeping with a "bad boy", having that said power and knowing that shes "lusted after"..
I think this is an insecurity issue more than a power issue.

But why go at it with a bunch of losers?
Man women shock me sometimes.

You will have a hard time (pun intended) convincing me that a guy in jail has to be raped by a woman.
Sounds more something consensual. Apparently they each had something that the other needed/wanted.

There is no such thing as consensual sex in any of Oregon's prison or jail facilities.

Judge: Did she rape you?
Victim: Yes your Honor, she made me c0me

BTW...What's with that guy on the right...lol

-23e80fe3319039ea.JPG

And why no Sexual Predator / or Sex Offender registry?

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2015/03/jill_curry_sentenced_to_4_year.html

Jill Curry - had sex with an inmate, multiple times, in the Washington County jail.
- The guy is an inmate, she had the power - the keys, the access to his cell, therefore isn't that rape?
- She had sex with someone who could not leave?
- Repeatedly, therefore isn't that worthy of being monitored?

Also - while I like my Sheriff, how could this have happened? Why would he leave a civilian employee alone in the maximum-security unit. Why wasn't there a deputy on-duty? Why didn't the command and control center notice she was grabbing the inmate out of his cell to take him for sex?

Now the Oregonian reports there is a pattern of behaviour at the Jail - that this is the normal way of doing things. When you have caught 3 people forcing themselves on inmates, how many more have done that without being caught.

Pat Garrett needs to resign, and the whole department need to be investigated.

2nd Person
http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2014/08/2nd_washington_county_jail_wor.html

3rd Person
http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2015/03/jill_curry.html

You can bet money that had the genders been swapped and the inmate been a female with male staff that there would have been a whole different outcome. To include the department going through a series of "changes".

To be honest I'm surprised they got any time at all. If not for the somewhat recent addition of the "custodial misconduct" laws, you likely wouldn't have even heard about this.

I know that it is a sensitive subject, but we as a country seem to be addressing it in a bunch of ways.
I agree, there are those who think a man can not be the victim.
I agree there are double standards
I agree that those in prison are frequently viewed as getting what they deserve.

But the issues remain - the man could not take her, or control her, she had the keys, the alarms, the control over the situation. He was locked in a cell until she removed him.

I understand that he was likely willing. But, a 15 yr old boy is willing too - but he cannot consent in most jurisdictions.

Like @IheartSig, if the roles were reversed, a male attendant bringing out a female inmate, he'd be on the sex offenders list, and likely charged with rape.

Look at Glenn Reynold's series "Teach Women Not to Rape" there seems to be an epidemic of this, right now.

The standards have to remain constant. What is right not who is right. What if this was a male employee having sex with a male inmate? No different standards.

What bothers me most, is that this is an institutional failing. A system which allowed this to occur, over and over and over again. In my county. Under a sheriff that I voted for.

People often make light of situations like this, like that of boys who wind up having sex with their female teachers as well. That's part of the issue. It's easy to say things like "where we're those teachers when I was in school" and things like that.

The reality is, women CAN be sex offenders. They are often portrayed as victims, even when they are clearly the aggressor.

So a male inmate "seduces" a female officer into having sex (bet that also involved other favors, like smuggling in drugs etc) and people say "poor lady, the dirty inmate tricked her into doing that"

NOW Flip it.

A male officer has sex with a female inmate and BAM! rapist/sex offender/pervert/monster. I'm here to tell you, that female inmates are far more manipulative as a whole than their male counterparts.

I'm not saying either is right, in fact they are both very wrong and every officer in a jail or prison KNOWS it.

The point is, women do really screwed up things too. Just because they are female, doesn't mean they should catch a break in comparison to an equal male counterpart.

And if you don't believe a woman can rape/molest/take advantage of a man, you need to do some research.

[QUOTE="And if you don't believe a woman can rape/molest/take advantage of a man, you need to do some research.[/QUOTE]

I would add;
also, loose the schoolboy mentality that seems to consider these types of abuse of authority are OK simply because the victim is male, and In the case of school kids "they'r just being "educated" by the "hot" teacher.

And this is how all the drugs and contraban gets in the prisons.
And we wonder why crime is so rampant and nobody is afraid to go to jail.

Need to bring back the ball busting, gates of hell prisons, with express lines for the death penalty. Maybe then crime will go down and not continue to skyrocket.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top