JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
theres got to be more to the story what do you mean he might be the proud owner of the truck anyway?
i'v had nothing but good dealings with people here on the boards.......everyone of my buy, sell, or trade deals have gone just great, buuuuut i try to rule out the flakes just with a couple of "pm's" & or a phone call ! i'm "62", and in my lifetime so far, i'v kicked a lot of tires, and delt with all brands of people......with the ability to be able to pick up a little knowledge just by talking to someone on the phone ! i always try to see a smile on both parties faces when deal is complete ! just this last week, i had a guy come look at my 350 ford i have forsale on "CL"......he asked me if he could take it for a ride ? i told him to take it for the whole week end, to make sure it's what he wanted ! he comes back with a buddy on sunday, and makes an offer of 3000 less then what i was asking, witch i wouldn't except ! soooooo he goes to "CL", and posts this giant post of what a "POS" i had on the mkt. needless to say, i turned the whole matter over to "CL" leagle dept., and also to my attorney, come to find out he mite be the proud owner of the truck anyway, and i really don't care eather way ! i just want his "slag" posting to go away....there are all kinds of people out there.....some good, and some bad.....it's called "LIFE" in general !!

just my thoughts.....steven

all emails & phone calls on sale of truck came to a halt after his posts, and if i did get any, they were all very derogatory !!
also it's called "wire harassment via internet" this is a "no no" fact .....read "terms of service" @ "CL" !!

steven

all emails & phone calls on sale of truck came to a halt after his posts, and if i did get any, they were all very derogatory !!
also it's called "wire harassment via internet" this is a "no no" fact .....read "terms of service" @ "CL" !!

steven

so you are saying since he ruined the sale you are gonna be able to sue him for the dough?

My biggest problem with flakiness is that I have no idea if my message gets through or not. I respond and they never get back. I imagine others have the exact same problem. I just don't have the patience to read through all of the other comments.

I too have been pretty lucky. If people take 4 days to return a PM, then move on. Look for the good ratings. There really are some good people on this board.

With that said... Anyone want to trade their Colt Python for my SKS? It's got all the Tapco accessories you could want :)

Learning how to work this site. This should clear up my last post. :)

I have only had two firearm selling experiences. Try to get all the questions answered before meeting the person. IN one case the person was very nice and everything went well. The second - everything seemed fine until the last second and then they wanted to do a low ball. SO I had an an option at that point to decline or sell at the lower price. I declined since I believe we had agreed on a price and the gun condition was not in question.
But I think on this site it was a fairly good process we experienced

I have used other sites just the opposite - Where I learned to tell the buyer - that if I do not see you or hear from you by a specific time - I am leaving and not waiting. - or - my price is firm . I sat waiting to many times for people to show up who "were coming" but never made it. or come and want to really low ball you.. I just walk awy/

I got a gun for my wife......best trade I ever made! But seriously folks when it comes to deals on the internet you have to have thick skin. I think it really comes down to how impersonal the internet is. I long for the days of a face to face meeting and a deal cut with a firm hand shake. Gary

I recently responded to an ad for some ammo. The poster has less than 100 posts, but has a good feedback rating. I posted an "I'll take it" on the same day he posted, followed up by a PM with contact info. I sent another PM a few days later. A couple of days after that I posted in the ad that I'd sent PMs and hadn't gotten a reply. The next day the ad was closed.
Every time I checked to see if he'd responded to me, I checked to see if he had logged into the site. He had, and didn't have the courtesy to respond. :angry:
Probably should leave negative feedback just because of the refusal from him to communicate... But I won't. :bash:
You can be sure that I will never, ever respond to one of his ads again and there is no way in He!! I will sell to him.

This guy wouldn't understand a "handshake deal" and I won't have anything to do with someone who doesn't.

All my deals have gone great other then waiting for straglers lol . My problem is with the people who think its ok to bash and belittle people on the computer. Name calling and threats wow . This is a good forum but there are some unhappy people here.

Hmmm... Maybe its the type of rifle one is selling? Almost all of my trades or sales here on this board or on another national board have been collectable military rifles or military items. With all the successful transactions I've had, I've only had one guy flake out at the last minute. Maybe the Glock/ Black Rifle Crowd attracts more than its fair share of flakes?

Keith (Nothing against the Black Rifle Crowd however, I own a few myself :) )

The trick is not to take anything to heart. They either show up and buy it or they don't. Also don't travel anywhere with the intention of just selling your stuff as its common for people not to show

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top