JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
and trying to conduct gun deals seem like there is a 5 to 1 flake quotient? People if you are wanting to work a trade or do a deal make sure that you are READY are WANTING to do it. Don't waste my time after tons of e-mails/PMs back and forth decide to pull out at the last hour with a sudden change of heart. Oh.....and NO I don't want to trade my firearm for your firearm that is worth half of what mine is. I also really don't need another SKS.

and trying to conduct gun deals seem like there is a 5 to 1 flake quotient? People if you are wanting to work a trade or do a deal make sure that you are READY are WANTING to do it. Don't waste my time after tons of e-mails/PMs back and forth decide to pull out at the last hour with a sudden change of heart. Oh.....and NO I don't want to trade my firearm for your firearm that is worth half of what mine is. I also really don't need another SKS.
I'll trade you my ANIB Hi point 9mm for that colt delta elite you got? I'll throw in a nylon holster and 7 rounds of reloaded 9mm too!!!

It's hard to deal with a ton of pm and email saying they want it but somehow they never get back to you. I haven't had that many flakes with buyers as much as I had with sellers. People are people and just move on. It's super frustrating but i still prefer that they tell me close to the deal that they're not interested rather than flaking.

That is why I do not post my guns here anymore.. I do not want a glock for my sig228R and so on....I noticed when I was a junior member everybody lowballed or offered half of what trade was worth.

last deal i did was the worst experience ive ever had, left feeling violated agreed upon the price before hand showed up and he lowballed the crap out of me, was a used car salesman, next day he has the gun up for 150 more than he paid me for it, different forum this deal went down on and not his fault he was just trying to get a deal but atleast have the common courtesy to be fair with people mental note to never deal with that guy for sure also mental note to learn to walk away when you are getting screwed deals ive made on here have been great

I've only done 1 trade but the guy was cool and I had no problems. I'm also a jerk though and have had my time wasted to many times on CL so nowadays whether I'm buying or selling they are coming to me and on my time because I know I have the item/cash. That was if I get the runaround it didn't cost me any gas and I just move on to the next deal

=====================================================================

I don't know.

I have not had any problems with the limited transactions I have had,

Maybe it's you. Just saying, if you come across as arrogant and haughty as you do in your OP, maybe after several interactions via PM or whatever they are not comfortable doing business with you..

Like I say I don't know and sorry for taking your time.

=====================================================================

I don't know.

I have not had any problems with the limited transactions I have had,

Maybe it's you. Just saying, if you come across as arrogant and haughty as you do in your OP, maybe after several interactions via PM or whatever they are not comfortable doing business with you..

Like I say I don't know and sorry for taking your time.

Yep. It must be me. 100% arrogant and haughty to the core. Sweet!

I have had very little problems like that

I would have to say i have a 15 to 1 with 15 good to 1 flake.

On this board
So far only stood up once well maybe twice but only once where i waited a half hr in a parking lot .
I have had several tire kickers that had a few questions nothing wrong with that.
One I'll take it then oh got a free one from a friend. No sweat off my back.
maybe a half dozen low balls but thats expected when posting on a open forum i usually hit the ignore button and never hear from them again. (hope someday i have something they really want and can't reach me)
and 1 doobee smoker who was suppose to sell me a woo and realized it was priced too low and sold it to a high bid and then later wanted to buy a stock from me and fell off the planet so i think its a small few that pull these type of stunts that stink up the place for others.

but ya know this is the NW weathers bad but the beer is good i am sure there are guys with big wants but second thoughts. Its not a big deal really just part of the anonymous faceless board.

So far everyone i have done business with have been stand up guys and when time permitting have enjoyed the conversations and share of knowledge and well worth weeding through the duds to meet.

My only grip towards those type of people is they just need to be honest if you changed your mind just say so don't leave me hanging.

I too have been pretty lucky. If people take 4 days to return a PM, then move on. Look for the good ratings. There really are some good people on this board.

With that said... Anyone want to trade their Colt Python for my SKS? It's got all the Tapco accessories you could want :)

I've only done 1 trade but the guy was cool and I had no problems. I'm also a jerk though and have had my time wasted to many times on CL so nowadays whether I'm buying or selling they are coming to me and on my time because I know I have the item/cash. That was if I get the runaround it didn't cost me any gas and I just move on to the next deal

Ya see i see where the dandruff came from now. Some of us, myself included have referred people from CL to this board maybe its the CL people that are the flakes

Yep. It must be me. 100% arrogant and haughty to the core. Sweet!

===========================================================

I struggled with the correct words to get my point across, that's on me. Arrogant and haughty or probably poor choices, May be if I had said your OP came across as angry and your potential buyers sensed that in there discourse with you would of been better.

The old saying is it takes two to tangle, and that is simply what the intent of my reply was to convey.

I'm sure you will have better luck going forward.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top