JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too have been pretty lucky. If people take 4 days to return a PM, then move on. Look for the good ratings. There really are some good people on this board.

With that said... Anyone want to trade their Colt Python for my SKS? It's got all the Tapco accessories you could want :)

Sorry, I see you are in Washington and it isnt worth the hassle of going through a FFL, I really need a tactical SKS...........

=====================================================================

I don't know.

I have not had any problems with the limited transactions I have had,

Maybe it's you. Just saying, if you come across as arrogant and haughty as you do in your OP, maybe after several interactions via PM or whatever they are not comfortable doing business with you..

Like I say I don't know and sorry for taking your time.

I know the OP and he is neither "arrogant or haughty", he is voicing a real problem here, Flakes! Personally I would like to see some Thunderdome consequences, break a deal face the wheel.

With 17k members we have attracted a certain amount of Flakes that just don't care to conduct themselves responsibly. If I had my way when a member makes a deal and then flakes a second offence would earn a ban.

Please guys start using the iTrade system and labeling the flakes, if retaliatory feedback is given we can correct it and punish the flake for giving it.

Thats what happens when you get 16,000 people who got ripped off, bought high, have no ideal on the value of items and always lowballing...........

I rarely post on here anymore as most stores are cheaper......... There should be no plain Glock, XD on here that is plain for over $450........

Most of those are $500 new or less....... XDM are only $540 new on here from some dealers......... Many people think because they get burned thats what they should get for it. But it is there fault for getting burned in the first place....

So many tire kickers too and so many no replies after they contact you........ It is getting old I keep seeing used gun prices going up and in stores they are going down.........

Good topic.............. I have a NIB Custom Glock 20 for $999 if you want one. LOL

Personally, I like how other boards require a minimum number of posts before people are allowed to post in the classifieds. On NWFA, maybe "member status." I notice a lot of "junior members" posting in classifieds without having down their basic homework.

i have had all good experiences here sold a 45 xd and a 40 xdm ,bought and sold a smith 3913 and bought a single six and crimson trace laser .other then you all being so far away i have no complaints lol

I dont see what the problem is. If the people that are interested in your gun are flakes then it was probaly better that you didnt do a deal with them anyways. Thats the way I see it.

I guess I've been blissfully ignorant. I've made 7 or 8 long distance deals and good experiences all. I make sure I over-communicate and if I say I'm going to do something I do it. I guess there will be a point I get stood up but so far so good.

I've been on this site for nearly 3 years and have conducted over 50 transactions. Every single one of them has been a pleasant experience. There have been plenty of low-ball offers, to which I either reply "No Thanks" or don't reply if they are just too much of a low-life, low-ball type of offer. I've answered many e-mail offers and sent many myself. I've even been fairly interested in something only to find out it just wasn't in the cards for me to part with the money at that time.
I've always made sure that the other party had my cel# when arraigning a meet and I usually have their's. I've had more phone calls from someone that is going to be a few minutes late than I've had to wait without notification.
I have to say, this site has been far more of a positive experience than a negative one.

Craigslist though, that's just the opposite!

Ive had excellent transactions this forum. Ive also done quite a few deals via outdoorstrader and have come across many jackasses there. Here, every one has been a standup Person to deal with.

last deal i did was the worst experience ive ever had, left feeling violated agreed upon the price before hand showed up and he lowballed the crap out of me, was a used car salesman, next day he has the gun up for 150 more than he paid me for it, different forum this deal went down on and not his fault he was just trying to get a deal but atleast have the common courtesy to be fair with people mental note to never deal with that guy for sure also mental note to learn to walk away when you are getting screwed deals ive made on here have been great

The only reason I will negotiate a price on line is my location.I'm a ways away and want to know we're kinda in the same ballpark.Otherwise,come take a look before we talk turkey.

The only flaky one was a guy for got to get back to me to counter offer,and the gun was sold.So he flaked on himself not me.
Other than that everyone has been great.
CL is almost all flakes and can ruin people on deals.People seldom show up on time,if at all.Never give a call back for courtesy.Probably runs over into these other medias. "I'll never meet them anyway" type of thinking.

I have had a great experience here selling/buying and trading. I did have a few flakes but like it's been said, if you're dealing with selling or buying online you will get flakes no matter what site you are on.

I do have a problem with people not describing their items accurately. I feel really ripped off on my last trade because the gun was a lot, I MEAN A LOT older/used than what the seller described. It was partly my fault since I didn't inspect the item as thoroughly as I should have.

I have had a great experience here selling/buying and trading. I did have a few flakes but like it's been said, if you're dealing with selling or buying online you will get flakes no matter what site you are on.

I do have a problem with people not describing their items accurately. I feel really ripped off on my last trade because the gun was a lot, I MEAN A LOT older/used than what the seller described. It was partly my fault since I didn't inspect the item as thoroughly as I should have.

I really try to,just so there is no problem come sale day.Put it all out there so the other guy can't,and you,as a buyer don't have to say 'this is really a POS'

But for me, if a guy is himhawin' around and kinda flaky with his messages,then I don't really want to deal with him.
I don't mind telling the buyer to forget it,no deal. Cars? not so much,Guns? not a problem

As far as flakes, I haven't dealt with many here, although a few people sold me stuff that didn't work or wasn't advertised correctly and I didn't know about it till later.

I've had more flakes from outdoors trader than NWFA, but I've also had more luck selling on outdoors trader too.

CL has plenty of flakes, but that's to be expected.

The worst luck I've had so far has been selling stuff in the local classified paper (south coast shopper). Over the course of a month or so I've had about ten ads in there, and got at least 50 calls. Out of all those calls, 80% were complete lowballers (mainly just over the phone), 16% were flakes and no-shows, and the other 4% that actually showed up bought stuff, albeit after more lowballing. The people in this area are among the dumbest, cheapest, shadiest bunch of losers I've ever seen.

I hauled most of the crap I was trying to sell on here and locally for over a month to my folks house and advertised it all in the Roseburg paper so they could sell it for me and all but a few things sold in five days. I guess a lot of people still flaked out or tried lowballing them, but the stuff still sold, and I didn't have to deal with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top