JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd forgotten this trip, but about 10 or 12 years ago, my son and I took a road trip down through there on our way to Reno and Sacramento. We stopped overnight in Gresham, and on advice from our motel clerk, we ate at Busters. At the time, we enjoyed the experience. In the considered opinion of Gresham locals, is the place thought to be any good? Has it changed over time?

As I recall, we went through a kind of "chow line" and the food was priced by weight. Does that sound right?

On another trip down that way, we stopped at McMenamin's. In Troutdale, I think it was. The restored buildings and grounds used to be a poorhouse in days gone by. My salient memory of that visit was the wonderful fragrance of the juniper wood they were burning in a pit outside.

Poorhouse, I guess that's what the solution to homelessness was in the past. If I'm not mistaken, the residents were required, to the extent possible, to labor on the poorhouse farm.

As I recall, we went through a kind of "chow line" and the food was priced by weight. Does that sound right?
Yup, grab a tray & silverware then proceed down the serving line. I don't recall pricing by weight though. Typically you'd order the desired meal from the menu, for example the 3-meat dinner, and the servers would dish up the types you request, then on down to select your side dishes, etc.

I go to the Gresham Busters about once every two months. I have a favorite meat slicer guy who always greets me as an old time customer and hands over a generous portion when I order a turkey po-boy sandwich.
I always ask for fries with no salt, that way they deep fry up a separate batch and then they will be deliver to your table when done.
I then add salt to the piping hot and perfectly cooked fries to my taste. I don't like the bottom of the basket greasy fries that have been reheated over and over.

Last Edited:
It can be hit or miss, especially on a slow night.

My favorite BBQ in the area is Botto's next to the Aladdin Theater, amazing brisket and pork ribs. I take a day off every now and then so I can get there on a Friday and have a beef rib.

Buster's is OK.
What's not OK is Rio's Ribs or whatever name it is now. I ate one of those dipped in liquid smoke blackened cinders and my stomach was in a knot for two days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top