JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The #114 law that was just voted on and passed is wrong.

It is against the SECOND AMENDMENT and it is a HUGE civil rights issue too.

The so called pro gun groups should have done more. ALL of us know that.

I read what some of the GROUPS did and did not do on here. Plus THIS #114 ISSUE was in the national news and in my local news in my state too. BUT many people do not pay attention or they only listen to that FRAUD of a minister and other anti gun groups in Oregon and elsewhere.

Did the Pink Pistols, that Liberal Gun Club, and ANY other groups FIGHT THIS? Do any of you read their forums or news letters?

In my former state, the Pink Pistol members fought for PRO GUN RIGHTS along with the rest of us including me. I am an old lady and a heterosexual and most of the people like me WANTED their support even if we disagree on some other issues. I figure to each their own and I don't shove my beliefs down your throat and don't do it to me.

The PP group spoke up in my former state to get CCW and other PP members in other states were all over and supporting us as ONE of the LAST REMAINING TOP 7 ANTI CCW STATES even with a so called 'conservative and R governor' who would NOT do jack squat and LIED TO US. He would ONLY PASS - sign CCW for us IF the FOP and the State Highway Patrol wanted it. They NEVER WANTED IT and it never happened.

After the lying sack of dung R governor LEFT office and a D got in - that D governor PASSED IT - signed it into law. I voted for the R because of the FISCAL policies, for some other reasons and I believed him but all he did was LIE over and over again IN that specific CCW issue.

OREGON should have had ALL kinds of people from ALL backgrounds, colors, nationalities - heritage, both sexes, any other type of person who identifies as whatever (?), all ages, all religions and NON religious people, socio/economic groups, etc. COMBINE their efforts and claim that it was and STILL IS a civil rights issue.

Get some BIG NATIONAL ATTENTION! PLAY THE GAME that they play using the 'card' issue - whine a LOT and play the CARD GAME. They do it ALL OF THE TIME and right now - it would be okay in MY opinion to play UP the civil rights issue using that deck of CARDS and the MONEY ISSUE for the lower and middle class people. And especially since CRIME IS HIGH and the IDIOTS IN POWER want to DEFUND the police! STUPID MOVE plus they TIE THE HANDS of the police and you have a worthless court system that does NOT PUNISH THE CRIMINAL.

They should have been all over GUN SHOWS and GUN stores IF a store allowed them to do this!

(I used to do this at some gun shows when it came to CCW, voting, TAX LAWS, etc. They welcomed us, Republicans and Libertarians, and our tables.

I did NOT see any ANTI GUN GROUPS at those gun shows. NOT one table! We were in many counties all over the state. NOT just when there was an election in my former state too. Fair time, lots of fairs! Private gun club GUN shows that were OPEN to the public and for the members. I helped there at my private Sportsman's Club - I sold tickets at one table.)

If they say that the general population has to abide by it - the new GUN LAW and all OTHER GUN LAWS should APPLY TO ALL POLICE and county deputies. ALL cities and ALL counties.

The new OREGON GOVERNOR that I think IS another nut job like the last one that you have/had should have NO special security protection and IF they give her ANY police protection - she should ONLY GET someone carrying a pistol with ONLY 10 rounds in the magazine or a d/a or a s/a revolver. PLAIN SHOTGUN and plain rifle.

What IS good for the goose is good for the gander as the OLD SAYING GOES.

THIS SHOULD APPLY all across the country when it comes to our elected leaders (LOL - leaders?!) and to ALL law enforcement. Their homes and in the District of Criminals!

DISCLAIMER: I would let the MILITARY have more rounds in their firearms.

ALL military type equipment that the .gov folks have freely given with OUR TAX DOLLARS to the city/county law enforcement should be REMOVED from those states and NOT only in anti gun states.

I don't even own and never really wanted some of your styles of firearms since I like the OLD FASHIONED and CLASSIC firearms shy of a few Glock 19 pistols and Papoose (Late 90's and on.) but I do support and always have the RKBA for all people. BUT if the .gov FREAKS don't want YOU to have x, y or z - they should NOT have or be allowed to own what they want to TAKE AWAY FROM YOU!

I absolutely do BELIEVE that they WILL GO AFTER your ammunition and reloading supplies in OREGON and in other states using a FOID type of card like what SOME other states have had for some time.

You already KNOW what a cluster eff up that was in those states and what IS and has been going on in CA. PROOF of 'said gun' for such and such cartridge, etc.

IF you made it not only about the SECOND but came on strong about it being a HUGE CIVIL RIGHTS ISSUE - you may get somewhere.

Plus throw in getting some of the FAR LEFT and FAR RIGHT tax investigations when it comes to their leaders - religious or not and follow the money, follow it some more and CONNECT THE DOTS. BOTH SIDES do this not only one side!

I personally believe that ALL religious institutions should PAY taxes as we do. The 501C, etc. has been ABUSED and much more for all of these years.

That Oregon minister is a BIG, FAT LIAR and a FRAUD.

Technically NO minister, priest, rabbi, etc. should be PREACHING POLITICS and that sort of thing INSIDE of HIS religious building and NOT FROM SOME PULPIT or by an altar IF HE CLAIMS A 501C, etc.! A LOT of them on the FAR RIGHT and FAR LEFT have been doing this for years on end. They got away with it and they still are.

IF any of them do NOT claim a tax exempt status - they can PREACH whatever to their congregation!

I am a conservative with a libertarian slant believer - Christian but I do not belong to a specific religion or a BUILDING and have not since my 30's. MOST of the ones that I know a LOT ABOUT have gone apostate and even more so with all of this 'WOKE' garbage.

OTHER non religious groups and tons more have ABUSED their tax exempt status including many charities. That does INCLUDE former and present Presidential and other FOUNDATIONS - ugh! BUT that would get political so I will shut up there.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
We can unwind a lot of the illegal laws being passes, but it's kind of like plugging a dam with your fingers.

What we really need to push for is legistation that will require strict legal scrutiny for any measure being presented and snuffing out all this crap before it ever reaches the ballot box.

We've already seen how this plays out in places like NY. They can pump out and enact illegal laws faster than the courts can shut them down.

I'm buying as many as I can afford because I won't play their publicly searchable game. Sorry to anyone I bump back in queue. The mags, frankly, I can live without. It's the tweaker shopping list that's a hard deal breaker for me

where is the live fire training come from, who is the instructor what qualifications were needed for that instructor, what are the needed instructions for live fire, how is he qaukified to instruct me, where do i grandfather my hi cap mags, who writes down the info, are they for all my guns or just the one i pick, whats the cost, who certified the instructor, where is the facility, whats my name, where did i park, has anybody seen my keys, wheres my phone, whats that sound, is that a man or a woman, is that my pigeon, wheres sushi, here kitty kitty, I pooped today, my nut hurts, is your face sore , they finally started making them shirts for men, do i look like father material, surrounded by bubblegumtards, FJBGFY....

thumbnail_20210814_203803_resized.jpg

No denegration intended for the OP, but....

This thread is a perfect example of why 114 passed.
Too many people are now comfortable with the concept of skimming over a ballot and believe that it must be ok because it's hey...on the ballot.
There is some Constitution department out there that checks these things before they go on the ballot....right........right ?

There is some Constitution department out there that checks these things before they go on the ballot....right........right ?
*He thinks there is a dept that follows the laws when vetting a potential ballot measure... other than, "we woke and we want's it"....

That's so cute.... :s0140:

If this is a serious question .....

I would guess that it is because...
People don't want a permit to exercise a Right....
People also don't want their information on a public accessible data base...

Those are two very big WTF 114 moments , to me at least.
Andy
It Makes A Great Shopping List For Burglars & Home Invaders , Common Sense Was no part of 114

I coach a high school trap shooting team. I've got new students who have joined the team because they had friends on the team and were interested in it. They don't come from big gun collecting families and had been borrowing guns to shoot on the team. Unfortunately, they can't get their own gun now. And not only that, their parents and grandparents can't get them a gun as a present. Young people who didn't "fill all the gaps" prior to Measure 114 are SOL. It's my hope that older family members who have the means are some of those people who are buying guns right now. Otherwise, I have a feeling that my trap team will have dwindling numbers as members graduate out of it.
Look into muzzleloading shotguns, no one has to fill out a 4473 form, they can be purchased online and shipped to one's door.
Pedersoli makes a very good double barrel percussion model.

One of the many dangers of needing a permit to exercise a Right is that if one Right requires a permit..
Such as being able to own a firearm...
What is to keep that from happening to all the others....?

What if you needed a permit in order to :
Vote...?
Worship...?
Talk on phone , internet , street....?

What if you needed to go to class and become proficient in someone else's set of standards before being able to do any of the above..?

Measure 114 is wrong and dangerous.
Andy

. If they haven't barred my employment or kicked in my door yet, then it's likely not going to happen. But if anyone shows up here with ill intent, they aren't going to like the response they get.
Spare us the bravado.

1) You are not going to win in a gunfight against police.
2) There is not going to be an uprising. Most gun owners are disinterested in politics
3) If the police are surrounding your house, you should be thinking about a legal defense in court.

One of the many dangers of needing a permit to exercise a Right is that if one Right requires a permit..

Vote...?
Worship...?

What if you needed to go to class and become proficient in someone else's set of standards before being able to do any of the above..?

Andy

Politically Correct speech codes were enacted on college campuses thirty years ago. By the same people that want gun control.

Politically Correct speech codes were enacted on college campuses thirty years ago. By the same people that want gun control.
And you know. that it was the same people...?
As in actually know , not just some cherry picked examples...?
Every college has "politically correct speech codes" ?....
And...these same exact people...are the ones who also want gun control...?

Please note that I do not like censorship...or enjoy what many consider as "politically correct speech."
However I also dislike general blanket statements or painting with a broad brush.
Andy

Oh, so Karen who works in HR where you just interviewed for a job can run your name in a publicly accessible database and shiete-cans your employment eligibility because you're an "evil gun owner", then blasts your name to all her other Karen HR manager friends to add to their "black-list"….. because that sharing of "black-lists" is what they've been documented doing.

Or landlords using it to screen renters…. or nosey neighbors taking a peek into your business, or bad-guys shopping for places to hit and score firearms that'll wind up on the street and perpetuate the very thing 114 purports to prevent… etc, etc, etc.

So, you still see no difference between that and a government database that's accessed for "official use" only by official government agents?

Really?

Quite frankly, I believe YOU'RE the one who's possibly being combative, in a slimy passive-aggressive way.
Sounds like Karen needs a kick to the snapper !

Vote...?
Worship...?

Andy
I already have a permit for all of those. Here it is:

1668695174080.png

Got yours?
I'm not applying for their permit to get their permission to do what I already have a right to do.

Carry on.

Why people are rushing out to buy guns before measure 114 takes affect? Today I heard that it is at 13K in the background check list. I can see that some guns may not be available after the law is in place. Most models of guns will be still available except with different standard magazine (10rds). Many manufacturers already product 10rd mags for most guns for their markets in Calif, Wash and a number of other states.that has this over 10rds mag ban.
1668695043579.png

Why do people come up with questions like this? The answer is always "Because I can", or "Because I want to", or because "I LIKE (whatever)". How about people start just accepting people for who they are if they are not bothering YOU! It's not your concern. Christ All Mighty, live your life, and let others live theirs! Accept it! No matter how strange it might seem to you at the time!

Gee, WA state constitution says pretty clearly:
SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.
Oregon's constitution:
Article 1, Section 27 of the Oregon Constitution states: "The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.

But TODAY'S Progressives don't give a rip about those old, white man laws. Most of the population in both states have never READ these documents either and trust fact-checkers, pundits, social media, YouTube and other sources of propaganda for their "information". If the Dems get 51 in Senate, all bets as off. Fillibuster? 9 SCOTUS judges? "Free elections"? Citizens?

But TODAY'S Progressives don't give a rip about those old, white man laws. Most of the population in both states have never READ these documents either and trust fact-checkers, pundits, social media, YouTube and other sources of propaganda for their "information". If the Dems get 51 in Senate, all bets as off. Fillibuster? 9 SCOTUS judges? "Free elections"? Citizens?
Yeah, well, what you cited there doesn't say they can't make you perform like a circus bear, and pay through the nose, for that right to bear arms in defense of self and others..

Look into muzzleloading shotguns, no one has to fill out a 4473 form, they can be purchased online and shipped to one's door.
Pedersoli makes a very good double barrel percussion model.

Unfortunately, I'm not for sure that muzzleloaders are allowed in competitive trap shooting. I'll have to read over the ATA rule book to be sure. I know you're not allowed anything over 12 gauge, and you're not allowed any ammo loaded with black powder.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top