JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check the sos web sight it's gone up slightly on the no votes only 64 % counted out of potential voters depending on turn out of course. By no means holding my breath on a change.

You didn't read the measure either, did you?
There is quite a significant difference between a PUBLICLY SEARCHABLE DATABASE, and ANY current database...
You know, you could try rephrasing to be a little bit less combative.

Yes i did read the measure, I find there to be little to no difference between a database base made available to the public vs one maintained by the government.

For one:
The permit system not being in place and ready to go as of the 8th has ZERO guarantee of any sort of timeframe meaning ALL gun sale come to an absolute halt. This, tyrannical and unconstitutional measure (according to OSP's announcement) means residents now cannot purchase a firearm UNTIL the permit system is in place.

Secondly, additional cost and availability.. buying now means we avoid the permit fee and I assume class fee simply to purchase our next firearm. Despite the vast majority of us all having a CHL and being well trained on firearms, liability and proper storage. Beyond this, there are MANY firearms in which 10 round mags are not available.. the market has to catch up. Hence why mag purchases were a primary focus with firearms being supplemental.

Lastly: EVERY SINGLE TIME a permit system is enacted an AWB rapidly follows. Every single state that has started with permits and registries has done this. Id honestly look up those states and see just why folks are out buying what they can. This was a massive win for anti gun folks.. the next 999 cuts will be far far easier to inflict upon the 2a community here in Oregon.

Said respectfully—> Im truly surprised these reasons have not dawned on you my man. I dont mean that in a mean way, Im simply baffled at how you don't see just why there is a massive rush. This law isn't going anywhere for a while. 2A communities know the nature of anti gunners. 114 will only embolden them.. they got this passed, there is no limit to the next anti gun bills now.
They've already said, 114 "is a good start"……

Not touched on yet.... but it's also quite a "buyers market" at the moment and a great time to pick up some excellent deals. Folks trying to sell to fund greater "wants", want to sell quick while they still can and some shops trying to liquidate inventory...

... all adds up to $avings for the savy buyer. Gotta strike while the irons hot. :s0155:

You know, you could try rephrasing to be a little bit less combative.

Yes i did read the measure, I find there to be little to no difference between a database base made available to the public vs one maintained by the government.
Oh, so Karen who works in HR where you just interviewed for a job can run your name in a publicly accessible database and shiete-cans your employment eligibility because you're an "evil gun owner", then blasts your name to all her other Karen HR manager friends to add to their "black-list"….. because that sharing of "black-lists" is what they've been documented doing.

Or landlords using it to screen renters…. or nosey neighbors taking a peek into your business, or bad-guys shopping for places to hit and score firearms that'll wind up on the street and perpetuate the very thing 114 purports to prevent… etc, etc, etc.

So, you still see no difference between that and a government database that's accessed for "official use" only by official government agents?

Really?

Quite frankly, I believe YOU'RE the one who's possibly being combative, in a slimy passive-aggressive way.

First and foremost I do not like M114 and consider it an infringement to my 2nd Amend rights.
With that said, I kinda agree with the O.P.

People still have gaps they need to fill in their collection in 2022?
Obama madness, COVID strangeness, anitfa riots, and the current state of the nation? And you have a gap and need more? I think you are too late to the game. First one i purchased in several years was for entertainment, not protection. Havent gone that route in over a decade.

As for a searchable database, find out how that turns out. I can guarantee you every time the dealer called for a instant background check with serial number and your information, you got put into whatever system they have and will never let it go.

So yes, i do find it amusing people are pulling the trigger now instead of years earlier. Rather it is for self defense or entertainment......
I coach a high school trap shooting team. I've got new students who have joined the team because they had friends on the team and were interested in it. They don't come from big gun collecting families and had been borrowing guns to shoot on the team. Unfortunately, they can't get their own gun now. And not only that, their parents and grandparents can't get them a gun as a present. Young people who didn't "fill all the gaps" prior to Measure 114 are SOL. It's my hope that older family members who have the means are some of those people who are buying guns right now. Otherwise, I have a feeling that my trap team will have dwindling numbers as members graduate out of it.

Well, it's my sense that as a fairly dedicated subculture, most people here on NWFA aren't gonna be badly hurt by 114. Because as far as being equipped with guns, they have been in a state of preparedness for a long time. Most, not all. So for these people, it's probably best to just sit it out for a while and see what happens. And, look at the plus side, they will have more time to concentrate on what they've already got, rather than spinning their wheels looking for more stuff. Making lemonaide out of lemons kind of thing. Having said this, consider it my rare uplifting post.

Don't go talkin' 'bout lemons around here. They'll ban those too. Forget about making your lemonade with 10 or more lemons.
Maybe he meant these ..........

1668664589632.png

Lastly: EVERY SINGLE TIME a permit system is enacted an AWB rapidly follows. Every single state that has started with permits and registries has done this. Id honestly look up those states and see just why folks are out buying what they can. This was a massive win for anti gun folks.. the next 999 cuts will be far far easier to inflict upon the 2a community here in Oregon.

Said respectfully—> Im truly surprised these reasons have not dawned on you my man. I dont mean that in a mean way, Im simply baffled at how you don't see just why there is a massive rush. This law isn't going anywhere for a while. 2A communities know the nature of anti gunners. 114 will only embolden them.. they got this passed, there is no limit to the next anti gun bills now.
LEVO has already said they are going to pass an AWB next year. And they'll likely succeed. At worst it will be a ban on ANY gun that holds a detachable box magazine. Guess we're back to revolvers and lever-actions.

Speaking for myself, I don't really give a damn about being on some sort of register. I figure I've been on one since I bought my first gun 19 years ago. If they haven't barred my employment or kicked in my door yet, then it's likely not going to happen. But if anyone shows up here with ill intent, they aren't going to like the response they get.

Just once, I want these clowns to put a clause that LEOs have to abide by this too. No special mags for them, no special guns.....watch this bubblegum vanish overnight.

And just once, I want the gun manufacturers to step up and stop selling to LEOs and the military in those states which burden us. You want REAL pro-gun change? That's what we have. Not ONE bit of anti-gun legislation would ever pass in this country ever again.

I mean, you know....Gaston might have to go without buying his gold digger wife a new necklace, or gas for his Rolls Royce for a while, but, well....😐

Another thing too about this isn't simply only about infringing on right.
It's also about the fact that this puts you on a list.
Currently, LEOs can't just search your name and see all the guns you own. They can only search via a guns serial number.
So by buying a firearm through this new system you are instead tagging a gun to your name vs the other way around.
With this new system, they can build up a database for when the time comes to go door to door. Only this time, they don't need to search, they'll know what you got. They'll have a list.

So, once this system is in place.. anyone with a brain will have bought what they need and be content with it.
I don't care how good a deal is, i'm not participating in their BS.

Another thing too about this isn't simply only about infringing on right.
It's also about the fact that this puts you on a list.
Currently, LEOs can't just search your name and see all the guns you own. They can only search via a guns serial number.
So by buying a firearm through this new system you are instead tagging a gun to your name vs the other way around.
With this new system, they can build up a database for when the time comes to go door to door. Only this time, they don't need to search, they'll know what you got. They'll have a list.

So, once this system is in place.. anyone with a brain will have bought what they need and be content with it.
I don't care how good a deal is, i'm not participating in their BS.
100% agree. I won't play 1639 in WA either.

I guess the OP likes paying "EXTRA TAXES" and getting a "PERMIT" in order to exercise a RIGHT? Not to mention, that he probably likes being told, that he will have to attend a class and pass a Govt approved test.

Funny, that these sort of "checks" aren't required to VOTE.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
LEVO has already said they are going to pass an AWB next year. And they'll likely succeed. At worst it will be a ban on ANY gun that holds a detachable box magazine. Guess we're back to revolvers and lever-actions.
I'm anticipating that in Wash. in the next legislative session. One ray of hope, the M1 Rifle has a fixed, internal 8 round capacity and will probably not be on "the list." But most all semi-autos of any kind are already on the semi-auto "controlled item" list per I-1639.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top