JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bet .25acp would regain some popularity if keltec would make a gun in that caliber. It'd be nice if they'd make a pocket pistol in .22lr too.

There already are high-quality .22 pocket pistols.

And, since there are extremely small pocket-pistols in .32 and .380, now, there's no reason to resurrect the .25.

WAYNO.

There already are high-quality .22 pocket pistols.

And, since there are extremely small pocket-pistols in .32 and .380, now, there's no reason to resurrect the .25.

WAYNO.

No need to resurrect the .25, it never died. And as long as there are 1908 Colt Vest Pocket Models, CZ Model 1945's, Baby Browning, and Beretta Bobcats, it never will. Maybe Raven Arms .25's are junk, but the above mentioned are not. They are reliable, small, and work great as back-up and last ditch guns.

No need to resurrect the .25, it never died. And as long as there are 1908 Colt Vest Pocket Models, CZ Model 1945's, Baby Browning, and Beretta Bobcats, it never will. Maybe Raven Arms .25's are junk, but the above mentioned are not. They are reliable, small, and work great as back-up and last ditch guns.

I'm not talking about the guns. I know there were some very high quality models.

I'm talking about the cartridge itself. It only exists because of the old guns that used it. I don't ever expect to see a big market in new, high quality .25 auto pistols, when there are better cartridges that will now work in the same size of gun.

WAYNO.

I disagree Wayno. The recoil on my little CZ is much less snappy than the kel-tec's I've owned in .32 and .380. The Ruger LCP snaps like a rubber band. They're not comfortable to shoot. I like to carry a gun that I can control well. The little .25 fits that bill better for me than the larger calibers. And since I can hit my target better, faster with my .25 and I don't think someone is going to notice the difference between being hit with seven .25 ACP rounds in the chest vs. seven .32 ACP rounds...

I disagree Wayno. The recoil on my little CZ is much less snappy than the kel-tec's I've owned in .32 and .380. The Ruger LCP snaps like a rubber band. They're not comfortable to shoot. I like to carry a gun that I can control well. The little .25 fits that bill better for me than the larger calibers. And since I can hit my target better, faster with my .25 and I don't think someone is going to notice the difference between being hit with seven .25 ACP rounds in the chest vs. seven .32 ACP rounds...

I fully understand your argument. I also understand that everything is a trade off. Not everyone has the same appreciation for recoil, and in spite of the reports of terrible recoil in an LCP, I don't see any .380, in any gun, as being problematic, in the recoil department. Again, that's just me, and it's some other folks, too. For those folks that still prefer a .25 ACP, that's great! I see it only as a difference in preference, and I don't think "disagree" is even part of this discussion.

As far as discussions like this go, I'm also often at the other end , when folks cannot begin to understand why I'd own a gun in lowly .380. A .380 is a last ditch gun, to me, when it's the only thing you can have at your disposal. That's all it is. Just like a .25. Both cartridges have a purpose. But because I choose to carry a .380, at times, instead of a .45, it doesn't make me wrong. It means I have an opinion of what could work, when nothing else is at my disposal.

WAYNO.

The recoil isn't bad, its just snappier than I like. I just think its a viable caliber. I would love to see a company like Rorbaugh chamber one of their mouseguns in .25 ACP. Disagreeing is okay. Its all about civility. You and I can disagree, as long as we argue logically and merit based (which we are).

I hear all the .25acp nay sayers all the time. "the bullets well bounce off a leather jacket" :s0129: and so on and so forth. I have yet to find a single one that well volunteer to demonstrate this. I well gladly provide pistol and ammo.

I'm not advocating carrying a .25 for primary SD, but as a back up that well do what it was designed for. they are a belly gun, intended to used when your target is just feet away.

:s0155:

I think a guy would be ahead to just use a wrist-rocket to shoot the .25 ammo at a bad guy. It would leave a bigger welt. Then, when the going really gets tough, throw the pistol at him. Or maybe just throw the pistol down at his feet and whilst he's trying to pick it up, run and go buy a real gun...

:s0155::D
I think a guy would be ahead to just use a wrist-rocket to shoot the .25 ammo at a bad guy. It would leave a bigger welt. Then, when the going really gets tough, throw the pistol at him. Or maybe just throw the pistol down at his feet and whilst he's trying to pick it up, run and go buy a real gun...

i own a fie titan and i have been shot with a .25 cal.from experience i can say !$#^%*&!@(&*%$!@# that hurts ! it didnt kill me but it stoped me right where i was.the whole purpose of the small calibers are close quarters shots.what makes them efective is that they have enough power to go in and rattle around but not come back out.a well placed shot(in the head)and its game over.they are the type of gun you carry as a back up only.in a pinch it just may keep you alive.

You feel like acting as the test dummy next range trip? Your response would suggest you have the necessary qualifications...

:eek:
You dissing my Raven??!!
Well, I'd take it over a sharp stick or rock any day. In well over 1000 rounds down range it has yet to fail me. It may be ugly but it is solid and I can hit a 6" grouping at 30' with it which is not bad with the short barrel. Is this a primary carry piece? Only if you have no other options. i would (and have) bet my life on it. If I recall properly, I believe the .25ACP has caused more deaths than any other caliber. It may have been passed in recent years but in the 70s and before, the Saturday Night Special was the weapon of choice for the gang bangers and n'er do wells. It can and will kill, don't kid yourselves. If you can hit what you aim at it can be an effective SD gun. I mean, look at the quality craftmanship! The wood grips set it off and it is just a nice little gun!

If you're so sure it won't do the job then volunteer to hold an apple in your mouth for me at 25' and let's see how good I am with it! :D

Raven1.jpg

I think a lot of the folks who laugh at the little .25 are the same ones who act all hurt when people make fun of their 9MM's. It's all a matter of degree.

If you put a .22 LR in a gun with a 2" barrel I'm sure you will find the ballistics of the .25 beat the .22 LR. Many people have left this world after being shot by a .25 ACP.

I have several of them, and two nights ago for fun I did bench shooting at targets at 28'. A CZ Duo, a Galesi and an Astra Cub. The Astra won for accuracy by a goodly margin. The sights on the Astra just stood out. The other two I had difficulty seeing the front sight. That Cub also comes in .22 Short, and I have one of those too. I guarantee the .25 ACP is the more powerful of the two.

I regularly shoot 10MM and .45 ACP, and then back to the .380, and then back to the .25, if owning a gun is all about stopping power you folks are missing a lot of fun, some guns are just plain fun to shoot.

I'm planning on loading the .25 ACP but am thinking with the tiny powder charge I may do them in the single stage and weigh every charge, as a couple of tenths is a big deal when your talking about 1.3 grains of Bullseye.

I found a thread where a guy was talking about doubling the powder charge and right up close to that was having no problems, at about double charge point he was getting primer departures. The walls of those little cases is easily twice as thick as a .22 LR case, standard pressure limits are in the 25,000 range. I'll be looking for some JHP's for it.

I can think of a lot less enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

I have my CZ model 1945 and I have a Beretta waiting to be picked up at the shop. You naysayers can crap on them all you want. I like them. They shoot well. They feed well (at least mine do). They snap less than a short barreled .32 or .380. They fit in my pocket without bulging. I do not leave the house without my .25 ACP. Its not always the only thing I carry, but its the only thing I always carry...

This argument is old. Some of us like our .25 ACP guns. We feel they will do the job if we ask them to. For those of you who don't think so, oh well. It seems like no matter what data someone provides for one side, the other produces something else. There seems to be data to support the .25 ACP being adequate. But some people don't care. Its easier to believe what they want.

I don't really care all that much about what you think in this instance. You can carry your guns and I'll carry mine. I don't plan on losing any sleep over it...

I know you weren't. I was referring to the argument in the link you posted as well as here in this thread. Any time either side offers data to support their position, the other side counters with emotional responses (see the guy who suggested we carry slingshots instead of a .25). Like I said, neither side is really winning the debate. Those of us that like our .25 ACP's don't seem to be convincing those with their preconceived notions otherwise. Those of you who dislike the .25 haven't offered anything to change our preconceived notions. I'm just saying...

That debated goes on with every caliber. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. It's how forums like this actually thrive. If everyone believed the same thing these boards would be boring. On the other hand, there is no place for insults if you disagree. Thankfully that has not occured here but it does happen a lot! Agreeing to disagree is theonly way to keep everyone content.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top