JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry, I should have been more sensitive to your feelings before posting :p

It is interesting though that there will be no riots, no looting over the killing of these two folks. Some people just handle things differently I guess ;)

If it ever goes to riots they won't be burning down their own neighborhoods:D

Why Does the US Lead in Mass Shootings??

I could be because we might be the only country that even tries to keep an accurate count...
Or, maybe because "crazy" is less likely to be noticed here.

I actually have been having conversations with a very hardline anti-liberal and Obummer transplant from Komifornia. What started out as then thinking gun are bad and no one should own one to 6 months later they want to go shooting with us next time we go. Its education that is needed and is not the first time I have had success talking with liberal antis from time to time. I have said it a couple times since joining here, education is what Antis do with great success, its also what we must do if we want to make any ground at all.

I'm glad you're taking the time to extend understanding and knowledge to people with limited exposure to firearm culture.

As far as my age- I'm 25 and am a single full time parent to a 4 year old daughter. Her mom has decided that partying and drinking is more important than being a parent. My parents aren't around to help out as well which makes things rather hard. I work it out though as life keeps moving on.

Anyways, glad to see there is hope that results from responsibly representing the firearms community to anti gun people. Maybe I should open a stand up at Psu to discuss firearm ownership and the 2nd amendment. I fear I may have acid thrown in my face though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/24/utah-cops-second-leading-cause-of-death_n_6213570.html

" Utah police are responsible for more of the state's deaths than gang members, drug dealers or child abusers, according to a new report.

In fact, Utah police killings are the second-leading cause of homicide between 2010 and October of 2014, the Salt Lake Tribune reports. Police killed 45 people since 2010, the Tribune found.

Only cases of domestic abuse resulted in more homicides than people killed by police during the same timeframe, according to the Tribune's investigation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/24/utah-cops-second-leading-cause-of-death_n_6213570.html

" Utah police are responsible for more of the state's deaths than gang members, drug dealers or child abusers, according to a new report.

In fact, Utah police killings are the second-leading cause of homicide between 2010 and October of 2014, the Salt Lake Tribune reports. Police killed 45 people since 2010, the Tribune found.

Only cases of domestic abuse resulted in more homicides than people killed by police during the same timeframe, according to the Tribune's investigation."
Probably why Utah is ranked 45th in violent crime.

I think the biggest takeaway here should be that those deaths will still be lumped in with "gun violence" statistics. And with statistics, garbage in, garbage out.

I'm glad you're taking the time to extend understanding and knowledge to people with limited exposure to firearm culture.
As far as my age- I'm 25 and am a single full time parent to a 4 year old daughter. Her mom has decided that partying and drinking is more important than being a parent. My parents aren't around to help out as well which makes things rather hard. I work it out though as life keeps moving on.
Anyways, glad to see there is hope that results from responsibly representing the firearms community to anti gun people. Maybe I should open a stand up at Psu to discuss firearm ownership and the 2nd amendment. I fear I may have acid thrown in my face though.

I am in my mid 50's and can say its not be easy, but I try not to feed into their stereotypes for gun owners.
Id like nothing more then to take an Anti behind the tool shed and knock some damn sense into them, but I know it wont solve anything. There may come a time that is needed, but my approach is one of respect if I want to get respect no reason for me to start name calling I start off asking two basic questions.
1. Why do they not like fire arms. 2. Where did they get their information . Ya I meet the types all the time that just want to call me a dumb redneck just because I own firearm, but at times if the approach is inviting some will listen.

You are going to see lots of anti gun propaganda as they build up the bloodshed. Going to be lots of murders so they can stop the sale of guns and ammo in the name of safety and security.

You are going to see lots of anti gun propaganda as they build up the bloodshed. Going to be lots of murders so they can stop the sale of guns and ammo in the name of safety and security.

Just in time for 2016 elections, sounds like 2008 and 2012 all over again.
There goes the ammo off the shelves " again" and Pmags selling for 80.00 LOL.

I am in my mid 50's and can say its not be easy, but I try not to feed into their stereotypes for gun owners.
Id like nothing more then to take an Anti behind the tool shed and knock some damn sense into them, but I know it wont solve anything. There may come a time that is needed, but my approach is one of respect if I want to get respect no reason for me to start name calling I start off asking two basic questions.
1. Why do they not like fire arms. 2. Where did they get their information . Ya I meet the types all the time that just want to call me a dumb redneck just because I own firearm, but at times if the approach is inviting some will listen.

Exactly. I see a lot of pro firearm people try to intimidate the opposition. While I'm with you on the desire to beat some sense into the opposition I also understand that it won't help anything. I don't like the dumb redneck stereotype associated with firearms as well.
I sometimes break the stereotype by carrying a .357 magnum concealed in a sack on my handlebars on my bicycle. Ive experienced a few dumb rednecks pass by me calling me "bubblegum" or other stuff. If only they knew. It is worth noting that I'm a responsible bicyclists and follow all traffic regulations. I also hate bicyclists that dart out in traffic or blow stop signs.

Because we have an abundance of crisis actors and an extremely gullible, fearful citizenry.

Private weapon ownership of all kinds will come to an end via trickery and lies. That is the only way it can come to an end.
Unfortunately the 2% that can see the snow job simply are not enough vs the 98% duped masses.

Because we have an abundance of crisis actors and an extremely gullible, fearful citizenry.

Private weapon ownership of all kinds will come to an end via trickery and lies. That is the only way it can come to an end.
Unfortunately the 2% that can see the snow job simply are not enough vs the 98% duped masses.

Yep, I love how you can find some of the same people at each place playing a part. Yet so many ignore the writing on the wall.

Some more statistics on how many people die by various accidental/intentional means:

Deaths by:

Motor Vehicle Accidents: 35,369
Alcohol Induced Deaths: 29,001
Drug Induced Deaths: 46,471
Falls: 30,208
Drowning: 3,391
Poisoning: 38,851
Suicide: 41,149 (21,175 by firearm)
Gun Homicide: 11,208
Accidental Discharge of Firearms: 505

Maybe we also need background checks (oh, and registration too) of ladders, scaffolds, alcohol, swimming pools, bathtubs (or anything else that holds large quantities of water), any chemical or medication of any kind, ropes, etc.

And a big one: Smoking - 480,000 deaths annually, including 48,000 from secondhand smoke. In other words, 4 times more innocent bystanders die due to the results of secondhand smoke every year than die by gun homicide. But yet, we focus all our energy on restricting and regulating guns while tobacco remains the largely untouched (save for HUGE tax revenues o_O) killer/elephant in the room. The hypocrisy of the people that expend so much effort regulating the sales of guns, in the name of saving lives, yet turn their backs on tobacco blows my mind. At least guns have a variety of good/positive uses, such as self-defense and hunting. Can you say the same for tobacco?

Maybe it's time to require background checks on every pack of cigarettes too? Seems common sense to me, right?

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/

Guns Save 2,191 Lives Each Day In The US: FBI ~ 32 Guns Purchased Every Minute In The United States.

http://politicalvelcraft.org/2014/0...-purchased-every-minute-in-the-united-states/

Knives Kill More People Each Year Than Rifles:
Time For Knife Control?

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/knives-kill-more-people-each-year-than-rifles-time-for-knife-control/

November 11, 2014 By Sean Davis
According to crime statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), knives are consistently used to kill people far more often than rifles are used. And the numbers aren't even close: five times as many murders were committed with knives than were committed with rifles last year.

The FBI statistics show that knives have been used as a murder weapon far more often than rifles — even those evil "assault weapons" we hear so much about — for quite a while. In 2013, knives or other cutting instruments were used to kill 1,490 victims. In contrast, rifles were the cause of death of 285 murder victims. Shotguns were used in 308 murders. In 2009, the ratio was very similar: knives were used in five times as many murders as rifles.

FBI-Murder-Victims-2013.png

The 2013 numbers are even more interesting when you compare them to data from 2003, the last year in which the 1994 federal "assault weapon" ban was in effect. In 2003, 390 people were murdered with a rifle. That's right. The number of rifle murders is 27 percent lower today — ten years after the expiration of the "assault weapon" ban — than it was in 2003, the last year "assault weapons" were banned by the federal government.

"But what about handgun murders?" you might ask. "They're responsible for the majority of gun murders, so why don't we just ban them and stop worrying about rifles?"

Easy: because gun bans and strict gun control don't really prevent gun violence. Take, for example, Illinois and California. In 2013, there were 5,782 murders by handgun in the U.S. According to FBI data, 20 percent of those — 1,157 of the 5,782 handgun murders — happened in Illinois and California, which have two of the toughest state gun control regimes in the entire country. And even though California and Illinois contain about 16 percent of the nation's population, those two states are responsible for over 20 percent of the nation's handgun murders.

Chicago is a perfect example of the total failure of gun controllers to prevent gun violence. Until recently, the city basically banned any and all transfers or sales of handguns. It was virtually impossible to get a concealed carry permit. Did that do anything to stem the tide of gun-related bloodshed? Of course not. Chicago was the murder capital of the U.S. in 2012.

In 2013, however, Chicago's murder rate fell to its lowest level in 48 years. What could have possibly led to such a drastic change? This might help explain it.

Gun owners in the nation's third-largest city will no longer have to register their firearms with the local authorities, ending a policy that has helped the police track guns here for decades.

Chicago's City Council voted to make the change on Wednesday, modifying the municipal code to comply with a new state law that will make Illinois the last in the nation to allow people to carry concealed weapons in public. While the city's strict bans on assault weapons and gun dealers remain, the loss of control over its own registry, in effect since 1968, was another setback for gun control proponents — this time in President Obama's hometown, in a state run by Democrats.

The 2013 law passed by the Chicago city council didn't just kill the city's gun registry. More important, it also removed a ban on gun possession outside the home, a much-needed change that finally gave law-abiding citizens the ability to protect themselves throughout the city. And earlier that year, the state legislature in Illinois finally passed a law allowing lawful citizens to carry concealed weapons to protect themselves.

Meanwhile, new polling data from Gallup suggests that the American public increasingly believes that guns are necessary to keep Americans and their homes safe from criminals. Over the past 15 years or so, Americans have become more and more supportive of basic gun rights:

Gallup-Guns-Home-Safer.png

While Gallup figures on U.S. gun ownership have not shifted much since 2006, the percentage of Americans who say that having a gun in the home makes that household safer has drastically climbed over the past eight years.

Americans own guns for a wide array of reasons, but the increase in the perceived safety value of owning them suggests that guns are taking on more of a protective role than they have in the past.

Baseless gun control laws don't keep guns out of the hands of criminals. Instead, those laws keep lawful, innocent Americans from being able to protect themselves from the very same criminals who regularly violate the nation's gun laws. Thankfully, that's a fact that more and more Americans understand.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/07/mass-murder-in-oklahoma-but-media-could-care-less-no-guns-involved/#axzz3kH41oFZa

Mass Murder in Oklahoma, But Media Could Care Less, No Guns Involved
Posted on July 27, 2015
Oklahoma-Killer-Robert-Bever.jpg
Still blood covered booking photo of Oklahoma Killer Robert Bever

Oklahoma –-(Ammoland.com)- That's right, there was a mass murder in which five people were killed and one other seriously injured in Oklahoma a few days ago that the media is virtually ignoring.

Why is this criminal act being skipped by the national media?

Because no guns were used in the crime.
The young man the police say killed his family did so with a knife. That's right, no guns, no national interest in a mass murder.

The murders occurred on July 25 2015. A sister survived but is seriously injured. And the police have no motive yet.

Police in Oklahoma say they have turned to social media posts for clues about the motive of a teenager accused in the stabbing deaths of his parents and three siblings during a late-night attack that left bodies strewn through the family's home.

A booking document filed by police in the Tulsa suburb of Broken Arrow accuses Robert Bever, 18, of five counts of first-degree murder and a count of aggravated assault in the attack Wednesday night.

Bever's 16-year-old brother also was being held. Because he is a juvenile, officers have not released his name or announced charges against him. Broken Arrow Police Cpl. Leon Calhoun said both brothers were cooperating with the investigation.

Calhoun said Friday that the agency was still looking for a motive and was searching social media accounts that they believe belong to Bever. Those include community site Pinterest and a Facebook account.

The dead include his parents, David Bever, 52, and April Bever, 44. The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's Office on Friday also identified the three dead siblings as Daniel Bever, 12; Christopher Bever, 7; and Victoria Bever, 5. An unidentified 13-year-old sister was in serious but stable condition in a hospital and an unnamed 2-year-old sister wasn't harmed and was placed in state custody.

But this story is practically absent from the major scheme of the national media. Why? Because no gun was used and the media can't push its anti-gun narrative. So this story gets ignored.

I was buying my new axe at Coastal Farm & Ranch and I had it in my hand. I walked over to their new gun counter and jokingly said "funny to think that this tool right here (blunt object) kills more people that these firearms do.. And I don't need a background check for it."

Smiled and walked off wishing them a wonderful day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top