JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I won't hold my breath ;)

I know it seems pointless and maybe it is but I've experienced that if you can approach an adamant anti 2nd amendment individual with a relaxed and productive discussion then you may see some lights flicker on. I've found good results when bringing up the following:

- Do you trust your government so much that you're willing to give up your right to defend against them?
- How many children started mass shootings in schools before any gun regulation occurred?
- Can you explain to me the statistics of how gun restrictions has led to a decrease in violent crime?
- Other topics that will get the individual to stop and think for a minute

Discussing topics that require critical thinking instead of badgering each other seems to get the best results with me. I look to represent the firearm community as honest, good hearted, and critical thinking people which I believe is the case. Many anti firearm people seem to have evolved their beliefs because they have crashed into heated arguments with gun totting individuals. The last thing we need is to be labeled as extremists.

Regardless of how much we despise the opposition their votes still count as much as ours do. This is why it is extremely important to responsibly represent the firearm community.

I suppose with that statement we should target obesity as well. I've seen obesity lead to diabetes and heart disease too many times to count. The unfortunate consequence of this is a premature death and a less full filled life.

It's about life and the quality of that life. The freedom to chose how you want to live it may include obesity but it's your choice to make. When government allows life to be taken just as life starts its evil and deprives that individual of any choices in life.

If they want a society that doesn't kill then government should show there is value in life and stop the killing. Government should show there is real value in life, enough to let you keep your gun to protect it.

I suppose it also is worth noting that most people I am around are liberal democrats since I go to school at Portland State University, garden a lot, am a Bernie Sanders guy, ride my bicycle a lot to work/school/recreation, and maybe am generally considered a modern day hippy. Doesn't mean that I can't have a good conversation with a concealed firearm on me and a house full of "assault weapons" :)

It's about life and the quality of that life. The freedom to chose how you want to live it may include obesity but it's your choice to make. When government allows life to be taken just as life starts its evil and deprives that individual of any choices in life.

If they want a society that doesn't kill then government should show there is value in life and stop the killing. Government should show there is real value in life, enough to let you keep your gun to protect it.

I think you make a good point. Though the issue of pro choice/ pro life is left up to a female in my opinion. It sounds like you probably disagree with that and that's okay. Many women believe that the government has no right to tell them what to do with their bodies. I leave this discussion to the women who have the option to be carrying a child.

I think you make a good point. Though the issue of pro choice/ pro life is left up to a female in my opinion. It sounds like you probably disagree with that and that's okay. Many women believe that the government has no right to tell them what to do with their bodies. I leave this discussion to the women who have the option to be carrying a child.

:D Since you identified where you stand on the political spectrum I will do the same. I am a conservative, not a republican. I vote for those who stand by the constitution and stand by our freedoms and rights the most important of which is your right to security in your person under the second amendment. To really value life it must be defendable.

Life begins yet some feel they have the right to take it out of the womb and others feel they can take it because you don't follow allah. If they can't point to all life as sacred then don't be surprised at the mass killings. However they should leave us to our guns to protect our own since they are incapable to provide a common defense of life.

Where does Burnie stand on your gun rights:D?????

:D Since you identified where you stand on the political spectrum I will do the same. I am a conservative, not a republican. I vote for those who stand by the constitution and stand by our freedoms and rights the most important of which is your right to security in your person under the second amendment. To really value life it must be defendable.

Life begins yet some feel they have the right to take it out of the womb and others feel they can take it because you don't follow allah. If they can't point to all life as sacred then don't be surprised at the mass killings. However they should leave us to our guns to protect our own since they are incapable to provide a common defense of life.

Where does Burnie stand on your gun rights:D?????

haha GOOD QUESTION!

As far as parties go, I don't seem to fit into anyones circle. Supporter of socialized medicine, schools, and other things while being a relatively strong supporter of individual citizen rights. The constitution is also a very important and revered document in my opinion.

You sound young. Got any kids? It is an individual decision a woman makes to terminate a pregnancy. But why oh why, must our government force tax-payers to be complicit in this slaughter. Back to the original topic...mass killings are occurring world-wide and with some frequency in countries that forbid weapon possession. Need stats? Most of these U.S. incidents are well orchestrated false flag events coordinated by the Fed. Once again, who gets MH meds is easily obtained through government insurance records. It's no magic. Also, social derision has been nurtured for that last 7 years. The weapons used in Garland, TX were from Fast and Furious. The revolution is on.

haha GOOD QUESTION!

As far as parties go, I don't seem to fit into anyones circle. Supporter of socialized medicine, schools, and other things while being a relatively strong supporter of individual citizen rights. The constitution is also a very important and revered document in my opinion.

Well you pick the path you walk and if you don't pay attention the place you end up may suprise you. If you want to know where you stand then ask yourself if the people in charge are doing the right things to make life better for us all. If they don't then vote for another party:D.

Savage said on his radio show that we have sided with those mass killers ISIS. Here we watch videos of burnings,beheading and the slaughter of people yet Savage reports we are supporting these mass killers.

Mabe the rest of the world is right and we are a bunch of killers, 50 million babies speaks louder than any denial. Has ISIS been selling body parts?

I am not sure it is not already too late. Our Congress couldn't even agree to stopped funding Planned un-Parenthood and the Dems don't have the courage to stand up to Heusein Obama and Valerie Jarrett over the "deal" to support mass murder by Iran. Raidingtime can vote for anybody he wants. The only things that will change is how soon the black-booted thugs kick your door.

Savage said on his radio show that we have sided with those mass killers ISIS. Here we watch videos of burnings,beheading and the slaughter of people yet Savage reports we are supporting these mass killers.

Mabe the rest of the world is right and we are a bunch of killers, 50 million babies speaks louder than any denial. Has ISIS been selling body parts?

They do sell organs.................

Some thoughts.

States rights while a great system for individualized political independence has always meant a variation in standards. Pennsylvania for example has toll booths but none of its highways look like they were fix/rebuilt in the last 50 years. That state chooses to have sub par infrastructure even with tolls. I blame the State for its woes not the country. I often argue with europeans in my travels that US law greatly differs depending on which City/State you decide to live in. The Virginia tech shooter should have failed the background check but because their reporting system was underfunded and poorly designed the shooter was still able to buy a gun. Some states have more mental healthcare access than others. It varies and so its up to the citizens of each state to determine their own destiny.

We have a culture of violence. It permeates in Film, Television, Videogames, and Music. Does that mean it makes everyone violent? No, but when individuals lose hope or their sanity they often align to the extremes of the culture. Going postal is not a new phenomenon. I would argue that going postal is an often glamorized response to injustice that is often hyped in Television/Film. If you're already suffering from a mental breakdown, I can see how people align to these violent choices over reason.

The planned parenthood debate or deaths by accidents/medical ailments are different debate subjects altogether. It is illogical to say that just because A+B=C that D+E= C is less severe. Violent actions versus accidents are not linear equations. Intention is the variable that you are forgetting. Killing someone with a car on accident is less severe than killing someone on purpose. Remedying violent intentions will always be superior to unintentional consequences. Those unintentional variables are too complex to logistically prevent over intentional.

We as a society have to determine what is more important. We have to accept at some point that these shootings will always continue as long as people have access to firearms, lack of public mental healthcare, poverty, and a psychiatrically drugged citizenry is in our best interest. We as a society have to determine what is the primary component.

I believe that all of these shootings are strongly connected to drug use. Legal/illegal drugs. Most of the shootings we've had in the last 20 years are strongly related to withdrawals and misdiagnosed mental patients to incorrect psychiatric drugs. Those warning labels are enough. "CAN CAUSE SUICIDE OR VIOLENT THOUGHTS".

The real culprits are the drug companies. They own 70 percent of every news outlet in the US. CNN, FOX, MSN, CBS, ABC etc etc etc. Look at ad revenue by sponsors and you'll be shocked that every network gets about 50 percent of its funding from Pfizer, Glaxosmithkline, Merck, Roche, Novartis. The list goes on. While the domestic civilian gun industry made a little 1billion last year. The drug industry made around 85billion. You look at campaign financing at your favorite political representative and you'll see large donations from the big 10.

I know it seems pointless and maybe it is but I've experienced that if you can approach an adamant anti 2nd amendment individual with a relaxed and productive discussion then you may see some lights flicker on. I've found good results when bringing up the following:
- Do you trust your government so much that you're willing to give up your right to defend against them?
- How many children started mass shootings in schools before any gun regulation occurred?
- Can you explain to me the statistics of how gun restrictions has led to a decrease in violent crime?
- Other topics that will get the individual to stop and think for a minute
Discussing topics that require critical thinking instead of badgering each other seems to get the best results with me. I look to represent the firearm community as honest, good hearted, and critical thinking people which I believe is the case. Many anti firearm people seem to have evolved their beliefs because they have crashed into heated arguments with gun totting individuals. The last thing we need is to be labeled as extremists.
Regardless of how much we despise the opposition their votes still count as much as ours do. This is why it is extremely important to responsibly represent the firearm community.

I actually have been having conversations with a very hardline anti-liberal and Obummer transplant from Komifornia. What started out as then thinking gun are bad and no one should own one to 6 months later they want to go shooting with us next time we go. Its education that is needed and is not the first time I have had success talking with liberal antis from time to time. I have said it a couple times since joining here, education is what Antis do with great success, its also what we must do if we want to make any ground at all.

This, from the link within the OP:

"They are in real pain, but they're eager to blame that pain on those around them," Lankford said.

...was referring to perps, but applies to much of the population of the developed world today.

Being a "victim" has become a lifestyle choice; reinforced by self aggrandizing politicians, big pharma, and media moguls.

This, from the link within the OP:

"They are in real pain, but they're eager to blame that pain on those around them," Lankford said.

...was referring to perps, but applies to much of the population of the developed world today.

Being a "victim" has become a lifestyle choice; reinforced by self aggrandizing politicians, big pharma, and media moguls.

Exactly, being a "victim" is now considered "heroic" for some reason. Like somehow accepting the consequences of your own choices is a huge accomplishment. This goes along the lines with everyone gets a trophy. Society is so opposed to anyone having negative responses to deal with when individuals are suddenly faced with one they flip out. When kids used to have to deal with not winning or not always being special it made them tough and they were able to deal with problems as adults.

Personal responsibility is a thing of the past for many folks. Make a mistake, blame it on someone else. Commit a crime, blame it on someone else. Just looking at the ever-increasing number of hit and run accidents shows that people have learned to escape, even run from, responsibility. The blame game, especially by certain groups in this country has become a lifestyle. They have learned to blame every single negative thing in their lives on another group, and many people back them up, perhaps out of fear, perhaps out of their own, very odd, warped sense of false guilt. Either way, those that perpetuate the blame game, either by teaching it to each new generation, or those that refuse to call them out on it, are responsible for acts like these. They are creating these monsters. There will be more. And it will continue until the ideology behind the blame game is done away with.

I watch this at work over and over again. Our poorest performers never claim they have anything to do with it. It's the company. It's their boss. It's a co-worker. It's that we don't know how to run a business. We don't know how to manage. We don't know how to take care of customers. But the funny thing is that you find these bad folks have bad interactions with just about everyone, while many of the people they accuse have great work ethics, are very friendly and helpful and have a positive relationship with many people in the company. It's not hard to spot the common denominator of a worker with a bad attitude. We had an employee that left recently after just being a real pain in our backsides. He blamed everyone and everything for his lack of productivity, his negative attitude with customers, his inability to get along with co-workers. He never, ever blamed himself. Now, his new employer is seeing the same thing we did. The problem left when he left, and it followed him to the next job. Not really a surprise.

I should add that the blame game is a huge money maker for a lot of folks. Advocacy groups (they couldn't exist without the blame game), lawyers, politicians - they make huge dollars (and get big votes) by playing the blame game. For them, it's a critical piece of their business. If we all suddenly started to get along, we wouldn't need them. It pays to keep races, religions, sexes, political ideologies at each other's throats.

Yep, big $$$$ in the blame game. They win, we lose :(

I should add that the blame game is a huge money maker for a lot of folks. Advocacy groups (they couldn't exist without the blame game), lawyers, politicians - they make huge dollars (and get big votes) by playing the blame game. For them, it's a critical piece of their business. If we all suddenly started to get along, we wouldn't need them. It pays to keep races, religions, sexes, political ideologies at each other's throats.
Yep, big $$$$ in the blame game. They win, we lose :(

I blame you for making me read your post, hehe. But ya you are dead on on this Etrain16, all one has to do is sit back grab some popcorn and watch the media induce riots and hatred even if it never existed hours earlier.

I blame you for making me read your post, hehe. But ya you are dead on on this Etrain16, all one has to do is sit back grab some popcorn and watch the media induce riots and hatred even if it never existed hours earlier.

I'm sorry, I should have been more sensitive to your feelings before posting :p

It is interesting though that there will be no riots, no looting over the killing of these two folks. Some people just handle things differently I guess ;)

I'm sorry, I should have been more sensitive to your feelings before posting :p
It is interesting though that there will be no riots, no looting over the killing of these two folks. Some people just handle things differently I guess ;)

Rofl, well I was just thinking of the children !:s0113:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top