JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cause the prices of new are high?
:eek::eek:

:eek::eek:
You're not suggesting the fine folk of NWFA are,are
Say it ain't so:rolleyes:
Apparently WA gun owners ain't doing it either
Well this will keep the prices of used worse than they used to be

I know the good folks at NWFA will always follow the law. I'm assuming the "bad" folks are over at AL :p

When I trade/sell I want the buyer to be happy with the purchase. If one is not happy with price then dicker or look elsewhere. I see someone outta price range I keep looking.

People have always asked too much for there guns, cars, boat's, Houses, and everything else!

And I have always offered to little! ;)

It's the times that the seller and I are flexible. That a deal is reached.
And I have bought many guns at good prices. You just have to keep looking and buy when a deal presents it's self.

Be ready to pay. If you want a deal.
The reason ''Money talks''. Is because so few have it. When a deal could have been made.

This is true. But when the used asking price is ridiculously high, even a reasonable offer appears to be a slap in the face. IE a $350-$400 firearm has an asking price of $800 with no box/case, paperwork, etc. Where do you start "the talk"?

As mentioned by many, "discuss" the price. If something reasonable can't be reached keep looking elsewhere.

As for me, every time that I have bought a gun and put it "away" it has always miraculously been coated with an invisible layer of unobtainium. That is why I always ask 97% of new price - even after putting "only" 500-1000 rounds through it. hahaha :s0112:

This is true. But when the used asking price is ridiculously high, even a reasonable offer appears to be a slap in the face. IE a $350-$400 firearm has an asking price of $800 with no box/case, paperwork, etc. Where do you start "the talk"?
As mentioned by many, "discuss" the price. If something reasonable can't be reached keep looking elsewhere.
As for me, every time that I have bought a gun and put it "away" it has always miraculously been coated with an invisible layer of unobtainium. That is why I always ask 97% of new price - even after putting "only" 500-1000 rounds through it. hahaha :s0112:

It pays to shop around, I ended up with two free firearms just because I shopped around and a guy thru in two nice extra firearms. And is also why I miss the ability to just be guys buying a firearms without all this BS. I also gave away ammo in sales/trade before too depends on the person.

I know the good folks at NWFA will always follow the law. I'm assuming the "bad" folks are over at AL :p

LOL, I thought you meant the "bad" folks were in Alabama!

Speaking of out of state. Can I buy a new rifle or lower receiver over the counter from an FFL dealer in Washington if I wanted to keep it "off the books" in Oregon?

Speaking of out of state. Can I buy a new rifle or lower receiver over the counter from an FFL dealer in Washington if I wanted to keep it "off the books" in Oregon?

There may be a few in Alabama too...:p

As far as I understand it (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong), you are allowed to by a rifle or shotgun from another state through an FFL there. As for a receiver, say an AR receiver, that's questionable since receivers are typically no longer identified as "pistol" or "rifle". But if you bought a lower receiver, already built out for a rifle build, I imagine that would be just fine. And the same goes for selling - you can sell a rifle or shotgun in another state through an FFL there too - and keep the $$ out of Oregon's hands :s0115:

Thinking more about it, if your FFL transferred a lower receiver and specifically identified it as a 'rifle', I would think that would be fine. The FFL should be able to verify that.

That is an interesting question since it is perfectly legal to buy a long gun out of state at a FFL

You pay mre for something you can't find locally. Witch is alot of guns.

Also many people shoot very little through their gun before they sell it. I know used is used bla bla bla. But say your selling a Glock for 450, and it's 525 new after the bgc your still saving $50. plus you might get extra mags or a box of ammo. Most people are happy to save alittle I know am (for something I really want)

I haven't had many issues selling at a "high price" definitely not as fast as before. I notice that older guns move slower.

I hope we all start offering lower prices on or old stuff. I typically only buy used so when I'm sick of it i won't lose any money.

I'll never understand guys asking 800 for a ak I can find for 550 I guess ak guys are alittle slow jk.

High list prices bolster people for newer listings... they glance around, see everyone else is selling their $500 guns for $475 used, and so price similarly. What they aren't seeing is that those guns are sitting at those prices, not "going" for those prices.

Unfortunately, you also have the occasional joe that'll pay those prices. He wants to spend as little as possible because he's a broke hoe and figures $25 saved is $25 saved... so rather than spite the ertards selling their used bubblegum too high and just buy new, they'll pay the ridiculously high used price. I see this a LOT with used climbing gear.... you have to have it to climb, and there's a lot of broke bubblegum dumbbubblegum kids who can't afford the sport trying to buy in.

Have any proof, or is this an allegory?

When I sell a gun (which I used to love to do, thanks a lot pretty boy Floyd :mad:), I priced it based on some research and what I really thought I could get out of the gun. I tended to sell guns rather quickly, usually in a day or two, a week max, so I think that indicated I had my prices in a good range. If I didn't sell quickly, I would adjust my price down every few days until I got some action.

I don't care what people list for. If I thought the price was too high, I would just ignore the ad, simple as that. If people thought my price was too high, I assumed they did the same. No biggie. It's a free market, people can ask what they want - if it doesn't sell, I assume they'll get the message at some point and maybe adjust accordingly.

I talked with an FFL up in Vancouver a few weeks ago. I asked if I bought a gun online if I could have it shipped to him as an OR resident for the transfer, he said that would be fine. So from this point on, any long guns, I'll be running through WA FFL's, at least until they repeal the SB941 B.S. I won't give a single cent more to OR's coffers than I absolutely have to.

With WA having 591, there is still paper trail like 941. I guess it would take a bit longer on an investigation if someone really wanted to find out but it could still be done.

I don't disagree about boycotting OR over it, but unless you are close to the river and can easily get across state lines, the time and gas could be counter productive.

Just my $0.02 ;)

Why is Idaho better? No charge for the long gun BGC in Washington.

Yes I am thinking about getting and AR as a hedge against Hilary.

I can see paying more for firearms that are no longer in production.

I figure that the biggest benefit to crossing state lines in the post 941/594 era is if you have your tin foil on you might think that these UBC laws funneling "all" sales through FFLs, might be to make it easier to track guns for future confiscation and your state won't have access to those records.

If you go that far you might as well go to a state that might tell their home state to pound sand if asked to share records.

But I can see Idaho from my deck so it's easier for me to say. Only 20 miles from freedom:(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top