JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
Here is a link to the data (up until 2006 I believe)
http://www3.norc.org/GSS+Website/Data+Analysis/

Expand the side menu as shown below to get to the information on guns

Ko5wii3.png

First, most folks don't have home phones any more to call and I do not answer numbers I do not know. I think a lot of folks are the same way.

Then you call me asking about guns and I assume your looking to steel them so I would not answer the questions any way.

Bogus report.

If this report is true then who are all these new folks I am selling guns too at the shop every werkend. Been there off and on from 2000 until now and I know the hand full of regulars and we have never sold so many firearms to women in the past like we do now.

I didn't read the article, but I wouldn't answer that call in the first place. Why don't you attach a poll to this thread? I think we already know how it will come out, but I'd love to see how many folks here would answer that type survey - or even take the call.

I didn't read the article, but I wouldn't answer that call in the first place. Why don't you attach a poll to this thread? I think we already know how it will come out, but I'd love to see how many folks here would answer that type survey - or even take the call.

on the data I linked above they recorded if people refused to answer the question. Though someone might answer "no" instead of "I refuse to answer." The data only goes until 2006 though.

rDWlEVI.jpg

Since I went to broadband internet I do not have caller ID so if they want to leave a message then alrighty, if not no sweat off my nutz!!!!:eek:

I used to hate those bastages calling and disrupting my evening and would let them have it!!!:mad:

Sometimes.......these calls are fun. Pollsters, solicitors. Keep them on the line for a while. Especially the ones that don't want to take "no" for an answer.
I might start said poll call with "what are guns?", or "does a ma deuce count?" and take it from there.

My answer would be no never even seen one. ---
the problem with the smart answer given above is the LIBS using it as a way to push legislation and there progressive ideals on to a unsuspecting/unknowing population.

Or they keep a log of people or areas where people said yes then they skip them all together and call people in NY, LA, Chicago, Portland OR, Seattle, etc. As a way to make us seem more radical every year.
.. They are always fight for"minority's" but we are apparently a minority they want to destroy. 1/3 people still have guns. That means I only need 2 bullets.

a long time ago I did a phone survey or two. the last one did ask about firearms in the home and I declined to answer. additionally, I no longer participate in any surveys. moreover, as someone above states, I no longer answer any numbers I do not know. as a result, the "name unavailable, 123-456-7890" calls have almost went away.... almost.

If someone that represented themselves as a pollster phoned you and asked if you had any guns in the house....what would you say??

Does that count for forums too?

If so there are a lot of people that not only answer yes. But also put up pictures of what they own and carry.

Major Survey: Number of Americans Who Live in Household With at Least One Gun Is Lower Than Ever Before. :s0140:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...h-at-least-one-gun-is-lower-than-ever-before/

If someone that represented themselves as a pollster phoned you and asked if you had any guns in the house....what would you say??

Maybe kiss my :s0066: ?

and you'd have to wonder .... who'd believe that survey??
I would not trust this particular method, but I have seen others, such as PEW that showed some 34% of households to own at least 1 gun, which is consistent with approx. 100m gun owners owning an average of 3 guns each. There is also an urbanization trend which is inverse proportional to gun ownership, so yes +- 35% does not sound unreasonable to me.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews