JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting thread...........gona try some of these recipes/products:):)

I'm pretty much a Vodka/fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit drinker. I drink it that way for health reasons..... all that Vit. C.:D

But I do have a few nice whiskeys I drink occasionally.:cool:

UNFORTUNATELY, (or fortunately),

It reminded me that I really need to go to Hilt, the first town past the border in CA, to the liquor store.

It's a nice, scenic, relaxing 1+ hour trip on I5 S (as much as any freeway driving can be :confused:), price on liquor are about 1/2 , even with the tax, than buying in Oregon.:(

If I spend $500-600, I really save a loto_O:D:confused::)

Interesting thread...........gona try some of these recipes/products:):)

I'm pretty much a Vodka/fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit drinker. I drink it that way for health reasons..... all that Vit. C.:D

But I do have a few nice whiskeys I drink occasionally.:cool:

UNFORTUNATELY, (or fortunately),

It reminded me that I really need to go to Hilt, the first town past the border in CA, to the liquor store.

It's a nice, scenic, relaxing 1+ hour trip on I5 S (as much as any freeway driving can be :confused:), price on liquor are about 1/2 , even with the tax, than buying in Oregon.:(

If I spend $500-600, I really save a loto_O:D:confused::)

If ya go a little further you will save even MORE... Redding has a Bevmo, Liquor Barn and a costco. 1.75 jim beams are $19.95 + 7.25 tax.
It takes 18 hours to drive round trip and the last trip saved a close friend $588 after paying for gas. I visit him a LOT!

I need to correct an earlier statement I made.
Bulliet................. $31.95
Maker's Mark....$29.95
Pendleton...........$24.95 (still too much ;))

E

Some of you Angels on this thread ought to try some Devils Cut { Jim Beam product} But.... I don't want to tempt you.:D

Too bad Jim Beam is now owned by a Japanese company, I stopped buying Devils Cut and moved on to other drinks. Total Wine/BevMo have some pretty good selections if you like price point comparing, for my money Eagle Rare is too good to pass up.

I disagree...

Good Whiskey/Bourbon/Vodka/Gin, etc should be consumed in the fashion the DRINKER wants to drink it.:s0079::s0079:

Don't insult the drinker......:s0074:

But I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN:s0005::s0060::s0060::s0060::s0060::s0060::s0060::s0060::s0060::s0060::s0060:

I'm a pretty big fan of neat bourbon and scotch. Super easy. You just pour them in a glass. Or your mouth. Or a high heeled shoe. Or a woman's navel. Or your own navel. Really, the only limit is your imagination.

My father thought it a sin to mix good whiskey with anything.

He kept a pretty good bar at home and always had all of the appropriate glassware for different drinks. I learned a lot at way too early an age.

He kept both top shelf and bottom shelf flavors on hand. If you told him you wanted your whiskey neat or on the rocks, you got the good stuff.

However, if you wanted it mixed, out came the Brokers.

E

Last Edited:
I'm a pretty big fan of neat bourbon and scotch. Super easy. You just pour them in a glass. Or your mouth. Or a high heeled shoe. Or a woman's navel. Or your own navel. Really, the only limit is your imagination.

My father thought it a sin to mix good whiskey with anything.

He kept a pretty good bar at home and always had all of the appropriate glassware for different drinks. I learned a lot at way too early an age.

He kept both top shelf and bottom shelf flavors on hand. If you told him you wanted your whiskey neat or on the rocks, you got the good stuff.

However, if you wanted it mixed, out came the Brokers.

E

As it should be!

Via Fark: Worst whisky in the world named World's Best Whisky

image.jpg

I like Crown, haven't tried this.

thread back from the dead - but bourbon is good. After draining/winterizing the hose bibs/sprinkler system I realized it was kinda cool out there so I'm a few bourbons in to the warm up process. Next trip down south or back to CO I will restock as I'm down to about 4 1.75s of bourbon / whiskey

Back from the liquor store, the clerk said she likes Rye but didn't care for this whisky of the year.
I bought one anyways.
I get the 'spice' seems ok smooth.
I am drinking it neat - room temp.

My usual, as, of the last 4 months, has been Red Label.

Enjoy.

@Swedish K thread back from the dead - but bourbon is good.
Beer is good
back from the dead, no only mostly dead.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads