JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still some left in the bottle from last night:D ya'll don't mind a Friday night snort now do ya?:s0142:

So I like my whiskey old and my guns old and my cars old but my wemins well if they have aged as gracefully as whiskey does.

I like makers, jack, and gent jack straight and warm. The only way to drink bourbon imo. Need to spend $30.00 + for decent bourbon now days, just the way it is. There's one that I tried recently though called lexington. Nice flavor, really smooth, and won't break the bank.

Very proud of all of you. Four pages of discussion and only one reference to that overpriced, overrated swill known as Pendleton.

It's nice to know that I'm in good company.

E

Glad classic , found this , he loves whiskey as much as me

Now you know I love a great scotch too. Vodka not too much unless I'm hung over and it's in a bloody Mary. Gin gets me in trouble and tequila got me engaged 30 years ago and I didn't remember the next morning!
Yup and I'm still married to her so I don't drink tequila anymore because bigamy is illegal!

Last summer I was selling a couple of items to a member from this site, when he invited me to meet him at a members & guests only barbeque in NE Portland.
It was held at a cigar shop and besides the great food, they offered Heineken beer and single malt whiskey.
It was the first time I have tasted top drawer Scottish whiskey and it ruined me for life.

:s0140: Well sorry to insult your over educated taste buds.

:D Sorry JJ. I know you were singled out on that one.

I was fortunate to have a taste of the original introduction of Pendleton in 2003 and thought it quite good. Later when it became widely available I tried it again and quickly became convinced that HRD had pulled a classic bait and switch on us. Very harsh aftertaste and a screaming headache the next day.

HRD has done a great job marketing the line as "cowboy whiskey" but having it priced $1-2 more than Maker's or Bulliet (in Oregon) should be a crime IMO.

E

Found this on the web... The bourbon tree:

bourbon-family-tree-large_zps3aa08198.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR