JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chriatmas??? Sounds like you been sampling already. Is this like KWANZA? Aged single malt Irish is sure bet.
Especially if you gift a high cigar to complement.

What do you know about the preferences of the person who will receive the gift? Also, will he or she likely be enjoying a cigar at the same time? If so, what cigar do they prefer?

Not knowing anything about the giftee (or darned near anything else) some suggestions, ust in case it's for me:
  • Canadian - Crown Royal
  • Bourbon - I still prefer Jim Beam overall. Go Maker's Mark if it's a youngun still learning or anybody that drinks girl style (ice cubes).
  • Whiskey - I still prefer good old JD No. 7, Yeah, I've tried all the fancy stuff.
  • Irish - Bush Mills for me. Remember, the Irish invented the stuff so they have been making it longer than anyone else.
  • Scotch - get a single malt. I like me The Glenlivit.

Now, if you are trying to make a statement, there is Three Howls Rye Whiskey that is based on George Washington's recipe for Rye.

Lots of variables there.

Buffalo Trace is my daily drinker. Relatively inexpensive (on sale in Oregon for $23 currently).

For what I consider "premium" I am spending around $50 a bottle. Bourbons that I have enjoyed at that price point include; EH Taylor, Angel's Envy, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked and Blanton's.

In modern usage, whisky is from Scotland and whiskey is from Ireland. The difference comes from the translation of words from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms. ... Although the legal spelling is whisky, whiskey is generally preferred. Some distilleries do like to use the 'Scottish' version – see Maker's Mark. Any single malt scotch will be better appreciated than a whiskey or a bourbon. And that last sentence is my own strong personal preference.

Get the something different...a Rye whiskey.
Spicy, nuanced, great straight.
Minor Case is a great one. Rittenhaus is a classic too.
They'll thank you later...

403FE781-A8BE-4D1D-83C8-D06B76D6EFC2.jpeg

https://whisky.suntory.com/en/na/
I like Toki

There are reviews and competitions for suggestions

And these guys get better the more drunk they become

My choices for Under $50

Canadian: Caribou Crossing Single Barrel. This one is especially nice as a gift because not only is it tasty whiskey the presentation is fancy.

Bourbon: Michter's US*1 Bourbon. Like most bourbons the presentation isn't gimicky or fancy. But the taste is quite good.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews