JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On my Glocks, I have the factory steel night sight for the front and my rear is a steel version of the factory plastic one... with the "U" shaped white outline. A TFO front sight would be my ultimate choice... but I'm good for now I guess.

Other than in your home: have any of you shot in low light or night conditions?

Sure, a rifle with basic night sights makes sense.. But when thinking about it.. If you have that much time to acquire your target at a distance where you can line up your sight isn't the threat far enough away (unless otherwise attacking someone else) where you can leave the area of the perceived immediate threat?

For me, it seems as if night sights, un-utilized quad rails, BAD levers, vertical grips ,angled fore grips, magazine clamps and grip plugs fall into the same category: Sort of bells and whistles add ons.. a "justifiable" means to jack up the price when you can buy the goop yourself and apply it on other stuff or reapply as needed on your standard sights.
Guys get very defensive and state how they NEED them.. Or really like them but haven't actually put that theory into practice.

I don't know about you, but 45-10ft away isn't all that hard to just shoot from muscle memory alone when going for the torso...To which, an unpractical head shot may kill a bystander, so enough with that Ive heard it before.

Without getting all heated, can someone who has actually used their night sights in low light conditions chime in? Competition or defensive situation?

This is all super subjective, but FWIW for a long time have just used the standard Trijicon three-dot night sights. Used the Truglo TFO sights a bit and like them but they almost seem "too bright" to me. Then a friend let me try his gun with Heinie Straight-8 sights... I'm sold.

TFOs seem like great sights, but too bright for me. (not my pic)
sights01TFO_zps2962fd69.jpg

Love the Heinie Straight-8 sights. (my crappy cel-phone pic)
sight02HS8_zpsd1957c15.jpe

I would encourage everyone to be extra careful about making sure your firearms are unloaded and the ammo is separated from the firearm by at least a door (preferably locked) before any kind of dry exercises. You literally have to retrain your brain during these actions to act in a manner that you never would with a loaded firearm and you need a period to mentally readjust after the exercises. I have strong reason to believe many nd's where people claim "it just went off" are people that were just practicing and were not careful enough about it being unloaded with ammo nowhere near.

I'll start by saying its what will work for you. That being said, I had XS big dot sights and they took a while to get the hang of and I never really liked them. I have Meprolights on my Gvnt 1911 and they work. But on my Glock 19 I use all green TFO's and they work GREAT! The only ones I like better are the TFO's that are green front, yellow rear. Witch I have on my carry 1911 and my another 1911. They're quicker to acquire, because your eye picks up green easier thus they pick up the front sight first. I have tried the two dot sights with the orange front outline by Trijicon. I believe they were called i-dot pro's. I didn't care for them much. I hope that helped

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top