JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about these bad bbooiiiis!

Homeboy-Sideways-Gun-Sights-Motivational.jpg itok=ijbGlYU_.jpg

Mine, too, My G21sf came with 3-dot tritium with white surrounds and I've gotten good scores with them.

If I had to replace them I'd like a red front and two green rear but as it is, the OEM ones work, so no need to fix what's not broken.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Has anyone put Trijicon HD's on without using a sight pusher? I dont have a sight pusher and usually just use a punch to put sights on...

Thanks for all the replies guys. Has anyone put Trijicon HD's on without using a sight pusher? I dont have a sight pusher and usually just use a punch to put sights on...

I have several times.
BUT you must be careful NOT to put the punch on the sight blade that contains the tritium vial, only on the sight base.........which can be difficult if the base tapers down to a fine edge.

I've got mepros on my Kahr PM9 and Truglo TFOs on my XDs .45. I like them both but prefer the TFOs, very good visibility day and night. I picked up a Glock 29 last week and a set of TFOs just showed up in my mailbox yesterday :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I run black steel sights from Ameriglo. Serrated front, plain rear (couldn't find a serrated black rear sight in their lineup, or would've had serrated on both) on my G19 right now. Eventually I plan on getting a tritium front sight. I had to replace the crappy plastic sights when I bought the gun, and couldn't decide which tritium sight to settle on. I wanted something a bit different than what I'd done before - which was the Ameriglo thin blade from with the factory glock rear painted black. I want a wide rear notch sight, and the thin front blade. I think I'm going to wind up with the Ameriglo front sight, and a Heine serrated black rear sight eventually, though I think Heine makes a thin, tritium dot sight too so I might piece together an all Heine set.

I don't like night sites. That's all my eyes can see in low light,so the target is gone.
Bright white dots or red is better for me.My eyes are sensitive to light though

My g23 has tritium fiber optic ones, my sig p938 has whatever sig puts on there's, and iv got a kahr cm9 I'm putting some one, whichever ones kahr sells on their website

I've got Meprolight Tru-Dot's on all three of my Glocks. No regrets...good hardware.

I found these to be the best. Trijicons paint came off the pair of theirs I tried. The XS big dot I liked but I couldn't figure out were to hold. Gave up on them and replaced with meprolights.

I have the Kimber night sights and a CT laser on my Kimber. I do night security so any advantage I can give myself is good.
I'm 67 with excellent night and 20/15 tested vision.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Wife and I have 4 Kahr pistols. 2 K9s & 2 PM9s. These are for edc and not for home defense. So we didn't see any need for night sights.

We decided on F.O. front sights and flat black Novak style rears.

02Kahrfiberopticsights.jpg 03Kahrfiberopticsights.jpg 04KahrK9fiberopticsights.jpg

I too hated the I-dot or "straight 8" sights. I couldn't get used to them.

I adjusted to the Tru-Glo 3-dot greens immediately, so I thought I'd try some with different colors, front and rear. Turns out there's a reason why most tritium sights are green: that's the color the human eye is most sensitive to. The orange rear/green front seems like such a good idea on paper, but the orange ones look so dim compared to green.

If my eyes were totally dark-adjusted, the orange rear/green front would probably be best. But for most city environments where there's still ambient light, the orange rears look too dim. They're making the same number of photons as the front ones, by my eye can't catch them as well.

So my advice is, go with three-dot green tritium sights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top