JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I go through my normal day, which should I be more afraid of, an armed thug or an idiot civilian?

I'm prepared for an armed thug. But I'm defenseless against a fat senior at the bowling alley who accidentally fires off a round by banging a bowling ball into his pocket.

Man accidentally shoots himself in the leg while bowling* - NY Daily News

I also have no defense against a stupid woman who drops her purse and cracks off a round in Starbucks.

Woman drops purse in Starbucks, accidentally shoots friend with handgun* - NY Daily News

The fat boy in the first story had a CCW permit. The idiot woman in the second story didn't.

Are these people more dangerous to my day to day existence than an armed bad guy?

It doesn't matter what the scenario is-there really isn't a defense against stupidity. It runs rampant in our modern society, and at times..........I fear it is even being encouraged.

What are you going to do about it though? Increasing laws and regs doesn't do anything but increase revenue for the state. Requiring training? Hell, there are many options for free or affordable training out there and it doesn't change anything either. Think about it......how many people do you know that even read the manuals that come with their products? (and then complain how their vehicle/electronic/firearm/etc is a piece of junk and/or too complicated lmao).

It's clear no firearms in bowling alleys and no firearms for coffee drinkers. Her friends problem was there is better coffee in Seattle's Best.....that would solve the problem. Yes, stupidity is being encouraged. Look at uncle joe and his stupid 12 gauge comment.

Brutus Out

"Beck was given the gun by her dad a year ago and had forgotten it was in her bag, police say."
No law can fix stupid. The fat bowler? my revolver don't go bang if you hit it, internal safety. Maybe he had it cocked or it's like an old webley I think, hammer hits the primer directly.

Why choose? Just worry about both.

And then pick up a few extra things to worry about in your spare time.

You know, just general dread, instead of one consuming, obsessive dread

Much easier on the nerves.

;)

Sounds like normal attrition to me. Idiots will be idiots, whether they're carrying a handgun in their pocket/purse, driving and texting, walking and texting, or really anything else. Living in constant fear of armed people is what the libtards do.

People drive badly. Carry inappropriately. And do all kinds of things without putting much thought to it. Only when the punishment matches the great freedom we have, will people stop to think.
The reaction must match the action. Until then people will continue to loose respect for things that will get others killed. And them a slap on the hand.
The sad thing is all gun owners get put in the basket with these morons. Punish the person! Not the freedom!
idiotwithagunlookingdow.jpg

Stupidity can kill you at any time. It doesn't require a gun, just an idiot or an average Joe not paying attention. If you worry about it it will drive you crazy. Minimize your risk by doing common sense things like not taking jobs where someone else's inattention to detail can kill or maim you.

I'm pretty sure stupid is increasing at an exponential rate.

I went to do some work in a small electrical room last week. It's more like a closet, no ventilation. On a summer day it can get pretty warm in there. It has several breakers, humming transformers, and a number of high power relays clacking on and off regularly.

So, I open the door and what do I find? A can of gasoline, gas leaf blower, and a gas weed eater with a stain on the concrete under it. In a tiny enclosed room. With sparking relays.

Yeah....

In the same way that entropy is a measurement of randomness in the universe (which, BTW is always increasing), maybe we need a word like idiotropy as a term to use for a measurement of stupidity/idiocy in the universe (which, if studied, would also likely be found to always be increasing). ;-)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews