JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I keep reading about folks buying rifles at Walmart but I don't remember seeing any in the ones I have been to. Salem, for example.

Do any of the stores in NW Oregon still have rifles for sale or have they all given in to the anti-gun folks?

Last Edited:
I keep reading about folks buying rifles at Walmart but I don't remember seeing any in the ones I have been to. Salem, for example.

Do any of the stores in NW Oregon still have rifles for sale or have they all given in to the anti-gun folks?

I do not believe that guns were ever carried in all Walmart stores. Walmart said back in 2015 that they were shutting down firearms sales in areas where it was no profitable, due to low demand. I believe that they first started to cut back on gun sales in 2007. I would call some of their more rural stores, and see if they carry guns. Call the Walmarts in places like Woodburn, Dallas, Albany, and Lebanon.

Keep in mind that Walmart was put under heavy public relations pressure by numerous gun control groups, who wanted them entirely out of the gun market. The White House even assembled a gun control task force to take advantage of the emotions after the Sandy Hook School massacre. Walmart executives attended a special gun control conference headed by Joe Biden at the White House back in early 2013, where they were lobbied by the Obama Administration to end gun sales:

Walmart Will Send Representatives To White House To Talk Gun Control | The Huffington Post

Last Edited:
I know it's not OREGON but here WA Walmart has some that sale shotgun 's and rifle 's but they did give in to the anti gun people when it comes to AR RIFLE 'S the one here in Burlington used to have colt and some other AR rifles but now they don't never had handguns but sell ammo for all kinds of guns hmmmm

I do not believe that guns were ever carried in all Walmart stores. Walmart said back in 2015 that they were shutting down firearms sales in areas where it was no profitable, due to low demand. I believe that they first started to cut back on gun sales in 2007. I would call some of their more rural stores, and see if they carry guns. Call the Walmarts in places like Woodburn, Dallas, Albany, and Lebanon.

Keep in mind that Walmart was put under heavy public relations pressure by numerous gun control groups, who wanted them entirely out of the gun market. The White House even assembled a gun control task force to take advantage of the emotions after the Sandy Hook School massacre. Walmart executives attended a special gun control conference headed by Joe Biden at the White House back in early 2013, where they were lobbied by the Obama Administration to end gun sales:

Walmart Will Send Representatives To White House To Talk Gun Control | The Huffington Post
Walmart has a bunch of Remingtons on their site but none in any stores near Portland that I know of.

File under, "teach a man to fish...."

More reliable than their website and almost as fast to use is a little known feature found on cell phones...... speaking.

Here's how it works....
-Look up numbers (ya, you can use YellowPage.com).
-enter numbers using the ones on your cell's keypad.
-follow this script.....

beep, boop-boop-boop, beep-beep-boop, bop-beep-boop-bip.....rriiinnggg....
~(click)
~Thank you for calling WalMart...
~Sporting goods please. ........
~This is Sporting goods, may I help you?....
~Do you carry rifles?
( now this is the tricky part! They may say NO and you'll want to tell them what you think. Don't waste your time. The person you're talking to realllly doesn't give a crap what you think. Thank them for their time and no, you don't have to mean it! Then call another WalMart.)
~yes (or no)
~Thanks, bye.

You will now know for sure if a certain WalMart carries rifles in stock or not.:cool:

Last Edited:
The only time I've been impressed with Walmarts gun prices was when they had 6920s for $800 while everyone else was still trying to carpe diem on panic buying at $1200, $1600, etc.

But when things are normal, they seem a little high, compared to online dealers

BiMart has a better selection and prices, unless you luck into a close out deal at WalMart. Every WalMart I have been to in Eastern Oregon and Washington has had long guns for sale except College Place, Washington.

Lebanon walmart was mentioned, yes they carry firearms, and they have a very helpful staff that will order one for you as well. But, it depends of which firearm you want, and they will ask for a deposit on some of the more expensive firearms. If you have a concealed carry lic, use it for the transaction, it will speed it up by quite a bit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top