JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Given the same model of a handgun available in two variants, one with a manual safety and the other with a decocker instead of the manual safety and both being the same price, other than the obvious difference why would one choose one vs the other? do certain competitions, e.g. IPSC or IDPA require one vs the other? it seems at least from observation that many of the competitors in these tournaments seem to pick the one with the manual safety.

Personally I don't care for a manual safety. My feeling is that manipulation of a manual safety is an area of concern when things get tense and you can barely remember your own name. The military likes them because of the unpredictability of situations where unwanted manipulation of the trigger is a possibility. Not the case with most civilian shooters. Also, I have seen manual safety's get people into unsafe situations as an assumption of safety is present when in fact it's not.

I don't go out of my way for either one but if forced into a choice I would go with the manual safety. If I need to go from SA to DA I'd rather manually manipulate the hammer.

The reason I was asking is that I came across the CZ SP-01 and the SP-01 tactical, and this was the only difference between them, to me it didn't seem that much of a difference, I wanted to know what others thought, and as I said it seemed that a lot of the competitors in the IPSC prefer the one with the safety, I wondered if there was a competition rule or something for that.

The reason I was asking is that I came across the CZ SP-01 and the SP-01 tactical, and this was the only difference between them, to me it didn't seem that much of a difference, I wanted to know what others thought, and as I said it seemed that a lot of the competitors in the IPSC prefer the one with the safety, I wondered if there was a competition rule or something for that.

Learn a real single action with a safety (if you have the natural ability) and you will probably never go back

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top