JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder what killed this family in Yosemite. Carbon monoxide or toxic algae sound feasible to me, lightning strike without evidence of a strike does not.

New developments...

New developments...

Re the 911 call, it's a good reminder that police get conflicting info and try to sort it out in a short time period at the scene.

Not related to the gabby incident, this conflicting info could apply to a self defense shooting we may find ourselves involved in. It seems to me we should be aware that others may be calling 911 (Fe the perp) and claiming you attacked them first (or whatever bs they make up). I have heard it said that if u are involved in a self defense situation u want to be the first one to call 911 so they get ur side of the story and not just other people's info. I think Massad Ayoob has a video on that somewhere. If police arrive with the wrong info. then that makes it harder for the person who acted in justifiable self defense to get the police to understand the truth of what happened.

In Portland I guess that means u are the first one in the que for people waiting to talk to a dispatcher. In some of the more recent shootings poeple claimed to be waiting for 15 min before they can get through to talk to a person when calling 911.

I'm not even sure who this is or why we have 9 pages of caring about a missing person.... People go missing all the time

I'm not even sure who this is or why we have 9 pages of caring about a missing person.... People go missing all the time
It's in Off Topic. Anyone can post pretty much anything they want to here.
Someone chose to ask about this particular missing person.
Totally legit...

She made headlines a week+ ago, and the press hasn't let go of it since, cuz new sht comes up on this one every day, unlike most missing person cases.
Probably also helps that she's kinda hawt, so there's that...

If I had a daughter and she dated a guy that looked like Laundrie, I'd just assume she'd be on track for a bad end.

Of course, no hypothetical daughter of mine would date a little twerp like that, and would be able to beat his a$$ if he got uppity.

If I had a daughter and she dated a guy that looked like Laundrie, I'd just assume she'd be on track for a bad end.

Of course, no hypothetical daughter of mine would date a little twerp like that, and would be able to beat his a$$ if he got uppity.
Here's the solution.

zzz z z z  JwJz.jpg

Remember when the "Where's @sobo" thread was the most interesting missing persons thread here?

You got upstaged by a 22 year old girl who not only never posted here, but probably didn't like guns. Talk about an ego killer.

Interesting that you can clearly see the van door closing in that video posted above at the 1:36 mark. I saw the video and totally missed this. But now that the open/closed pics are on the internet it is easy to spot in the video.

also interesting that the couple who took the video noticed the van on the video on the same day as their late son's birthday who died ina car crash.

In posts #159 and #176. Kind of Creepy knowing that she could have died right near that time.
I just looked at both of those videos (they are the same vid, from the Bethune family).
I don't know if that's a shadow, a bump in the filming, or the rear door actually being closed.
That's really kinda creepy...

Last Edited:
Setting aside the tragedy part, One thing that is interesting is this kind of exposure couldn't have happened even 5 years ago probably.

They video their entire trip and post on internet as they go, video from police bodycam, then police ask if anyone has seen anything, then video of someone happened to drive by their van where she was killed. Kind of like one of those murder mysteries but playing out in near real time with thousands of internet sleuths trying to figure it out. Don't mean to downplay the tragedy or the effect on the family dealing with this, just explaining why it has so much exposure. And as said by others above, age and appearance etc also.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads