JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Homeless = feral humans.

Science says so, it is settled.
Not all of them.

We have both in our neighborhood. The totally filthy, inconsiderate, drugged out, thieving, criminal, no respect for anybody or any thing, would take a sever beating and just keep on keepin' on" feral. And the homeless, lives in a van, works, keeps their stuff clean and don't make no trouble" homeless.
I have seen folks dropping off tents, bedding, and food at the local 3rd world chit hole.
It's today's new item and tomorrow's garbage that just gets left out in the street.
I pisses me off when I'm at an intersection behind traffic and some pasty white hand comes out a window waving cash to some younger person standing there with an "Anything Helps" sign. If those lazy bastid's can be there at the corner every morning, they should be at a job. Like humans!

I heard messed up RVs or trailers get towed to auction then some entrepreneur pays a dollar for it and tows it to your neighborhood to rent out to those less fortunate.

10102019_photo_192029-1024x707.jpg

I have a family member that runs a tow company. The city of Spokane pays him $1000/RV they dispose of. They crush them up with an excavator. Some of them have 454s in them that sell well. They do 2-300/yr.

Theft plus a never ending supply of people donating it to them. And don't forget about all the stolen boats.
View attachment 1189229
View attachment 1189230
View attachment 1189233
And that is right next to some very nice river homes. Was on there a few days ago.

As to the OP and RVs, a bunch of people have RVs that have been sitting around rotting for years. They sell them dirt cheap or if they have a scumbag relative they don't want living with they can "get out it" by giving them the RV.

Some groups raise $ to buy tents for the druggies. It makes sense. Without a concealings tent, It's hard to maintain the 97% rape stats that homeless women experience. You also need to keep your drugs dry so they don't go bad.

Arrived just after a reckless homeless RV rammed a car this morning. There was filth and detritus scattered all over the road for about 20 yards. These picks are from about 15 min later after the cops swept the street and looks like driver picked up all his crap and put it in bags.
D320AE04-29DD-422D-98B1-5B38BBFA96CD.jpeg
439AE1B3-DCAA-4E8D-A7EE-302B2CBC992C.jpeg
088D956C-A1D8-4705-A0C4-3587463ADD91.jpeg

If only we could break laws like they get to. Then these RVs and tents wouldn't be an issue.

If only we could break laws like they get to. Then these RVs and tents wouldn't be an issue.
Agree I see these rvs and beat up trucks filled with stolen crap blowing through stop signs lights etc all the time. and they won't get pulled over and even after an accident like this nothing will happen to them. They won't have ID even. They won't get arrested. They have no insurance.

Even Fe that case where homeless man broke into house and a couple found him in a second floor bedroom. They chased him and he got arrested, was immediately released, then went onto I-84 to throw rocks at cars. Literally the only thing that stopped him was the train. He got run over and killed by the train right after the rock throwing.

Some people seem to be of the opinion that bringing back the legal principles of outlawry may help but it goes against what the Constitution stands for (in my opinion).
Outlawry is an old legal principle which applies these concepts.

If declared/convicted/judged as an outlaw, the person loses all legal rights and protection of the laws.

If a citizen/subject kills the outlaw, the killer must immediately declare that the slain is/was an outlaw, or that person gets put at risk of being sued by the deceased's family. But otherwise, the killer gets no prosecution. In some case, the killer may receive bounty/reward.

The outlaw loses all legal claims to any and all personal property, possession, private property, bequests/inheritances, even their own lives.

Basically, the outlaw is a person that has 0 legal rights, and 0 legal recourse except for either surrendering to authorities, or appealing the magistrate/judges to restore rights.

Our present system of "prohibited persons" seems to be somewhat similar to the legal principle of outlawry, except we can see that convicts/prohibited persons enjoy some or more legal protections than certain law abiding citizens :rolleyes: they are also able to vote in certain States, and can acquire, legally keep property and possessions on their own.
Usually they only legally lose the right to 2A, but many still end up illegally acquiring guns anyhow :rolleyes:

It's too easy for millions of dollars to keep disappearing or being spent in ways that don't impact the source of the problem.
The money disappears and the problem is not fixed or even efficiently combated.

The stats in 2022 are 500,000+ homeless daily in the USA. 65% in shelters 35% on the street. Something like 1 out of 700 people overall.

66% due to drug and alcohol.
33% due to Mental Illness.
Over 90% of homeless women are rape victims while homeless.

Its a nightmare public health and safety issue.. people CHOOSE to try drugs. Then choose to keep using. Yes its a choice but also an addiction so there has to be support for a path back to humanity. If you want to fix it, you have to temporarily remove emotions from the process. Yes people may be abused or suffer and end up self medicated on drugs. But that doesn't mean they get to go do whatever they want. Stealing, drugs, self harm. Etc etc. If a house is on fire you take decisive actions to put out the fire FIRST then later on investigate the why and decide how to prevent.

Homelessness might be one of the very few instances where we need direct govt intervention. You can be nice and kind to infinity but it only grants a problem room to grow.
The danger is that a brain damaged meth addict on day 4 of withdrawal shakes will slit the throats of 1000 babies to get a single fix.
Likewise.. Schizophrenic hearing voices telling her to burn down an apartment to kill the lizard people will also kill everyone and not care. I know it's dramatic examples but it's happening to real people and can be stopped overnight if anyone in power wanted it to stop.

But if you stop a problem then part of your funding might stop....

Its a fiesta of robbery, assaults and rapes of normal citizens with jobs and families.

Being homeless doesn't make you into a down trodden persecuted group. Anyone who is homeless and doesn't want to be homeless, has access to multiple resources but often that requires that you are capable of being self-sufficient and functional as adults. Those people that can function and want to NOT be homeless will be OK and make it out if they accept help and work to take their life back.

That leaves a large number of people that are unable to function as self sufficient adults. I really suspect that they need to be scooped up. Cleaned up. Medical care, Detoxed, Mental Health Evaluations, sorted out, housed safely. Anyone on the upper scale of dangerous, cannot be loose on the street because that's just letting a dangerous things wander loose trying to feed its hunger for drugs. That story doesn't end well for anyone. I don't know how the danger should be evaluated but it has to happen for public safety. Example.. someone with diseases taking bubblegums on the grass at a playground putting kids at risk etc. A repeat rapist that sleeps all day then breaks into cars all day to buy meth.. etc etc.

I'm not saying that homeless people aren't people. Or aren't suffering. I'm saying that by setting all emotions aside for a moment....we have a 700 to 1 ratio. That 1 is the abnormality and that has to be corrected, for public and individual safety.

So many states like California where they spend $100k+ per homeless person every year but that money vanishes Into a black hole of paying multiple people a salary to "fix" the problem but if your job is based on the problem of homelessness... are you going fix it and be out of a job or just toss pennies out of every dollar from your budget at it and maintain your six figure income.

So many sad questions :(

It's too easy for millions of dollars to keep disappearing or being spent in ways that don't impact the source of the problem.
The money disappears and the problem is not fixed or even efficiently combated.

The stats in 2022 are 500,000+ homeless daily in the USA. 65% in shelters 35% on the street. Something like 1 out of 700 people overall.

66% due to drug and alcohol.
33% due to Mental Illness.
Over 90% of homeless women are rape victims while homeless.

Its a nightmare public health and safety issue.. people CHOOSE to try drugs. Then choose to keep using. Yes its a choice but also an addiction so there has to be support for a path back to humanity. If you want to fix it, you have to temporarily remove emotions from the process. Yes people may be abused or suffer and end up self medicated on drugs. But that doesn't mean they get to go do whatever they want. Stealing, drugs, self harm. Etc etc. If a house is on fire you take decisive actions to put out the fire FIRST then later on investigate the why and decide how to prevent.

Homelessness might be one of the very few instances where we need direct govt intervention. You can be nice and kind to infinity but it only grants a problem room to grow.
The danger is that a brain damaged meth addict on day 4 of withdrawal shakes will slit the throats of 1000 babies to get a single fix.
Likewise.. Schizophrenic hearing voices telling her to burn down an apartment to kill the lizard people will also kill everyone and not care. I know it's dramatic examples but it's happening to real people and can be stopped overnight if anyone in power wanted it to stop.

But if you stop a problem then part of your funding might stop....

Its a fiesta of robbery, assaults and rapes of normal citizens with jobs and families.

Being homeless doesn't make you into a down trodden persecuted group. Anyone who is homeless and doesn't want to be homeless, has access to multiple resources but often that requires that you are capable of being self-sufficient and functional as adults. Those people that can function and want to NOT be homeless will be OK and make it out if they accept help and work to take their life back.

That leaves a large number of people that are unable to function as self sufficient adults. I really suspect that they need to be scooped up. Cleaned up. Medical care, Detoxed, Mental Health Evaluations, sorted out, housed safely. Anyone on the upper scale of dangerous, cannot be loose on the street because that's just letting a dangerous things wander loose trying to feed its hunger for drugs. That story doesn't end well for anyone. I don't know how the danger should be evaluated but it has to happen for public safety. Example.. someone with diseases taking bubblegums on the grass at a playground putting kids at risk etc. A repeat rapist that sleeps all day then breaks into cars all day to buy meth.. etc etc.

I'm not saying that homeless people aren't people. Or aren't suffering. I'm saying that by setting all emotions aside for a moment....we have a 700 to 1 ratio. That 1 is the abnormality and that has to be corrected, for public and individual safety.

So many states like California where they spend $100k+ per homeless person every year but that money vanishes Into a black hole of paying multiple people a salary to "fix" the problem but if your job is based on the problem of homelessness... are you going fix it and be out of a job or just toss pennies out of every dollar from your budget at it and maintain your six figure income.

So many sad questions :(
Seems to me we have to stop enabling bad behavior. Fe handouts instead of working for $. We need to start enabling good behavior.

Also seems to me there are three classes of homeless:

1) crazies who are homeless due to can't fit in anywhere socially. A big problem here is a normal person can turn into a crazy person with the new meth or similar drugs. Legalizing these drugs to me is enabling this problem.

2) people who want to work but are down on their luck. These guys we should have get to work programs and I don't mind spending money on that to get them back on their feet and being a productive member of society.

3) those that choose to be homeless and make their living stealing other's property and dealing drugs. These are the biggest problem imo and should be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

It seems to me a big problem here is the bleeding hearts give handouts, pass laws to protect, etc to all 3 types as if there is no difference. We need three seperate solutions for the three types of homeless IMO.

Seems to me we have to stop enabling bad behavior. Fe handouts instead of working for $. We need to start enabling good behavior.

Also seems to me there are three classes of homeless:

1) crazies who are homeless due to can't fit in anywhere socially. A big problem here is a normal person can turn into a crazy person with the new meth or similar drugs. Legalizing these drugs to me is enabling this problem.

2) people who want to work but are down on their luck. These guys we should have get to work programs and I don't mind spending money on that to get them back on their feet and being a productive member of society.

3) those that choose to be homeless and make their living stealing other's property and dealing drugs. These are the biggest problem imo and should be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

It seems to me a big problem here is the bleeding hearts give handouts, pass laws to protect, etc to all 3 types as if there is no difference. We need three seperate solutions for the three types of homeless IMO.
I agree with you. I KNOW you know what you're talking about. As do I. All I'd ad is, there is a time line. A dead line of sorts, to get to the person that has become homeless BEFORE they sink to the other lower categories. It's really effing simple, you elite snob college grads in the offices of so-called "Public Servant". The longer the person is on the street and unproductive, the more they sink to those lower levels of drug addiction and mental illness. I am no where near a "Smart" person. But I can see every G-D day, as plain as the building piles of trash around the homeless campers on my neighborhood streets, that our leaders have no clue what they are doing when it comes to the problem. I wish these feckless losers that have allowed this city to sink to this point would have to have lived were I do for the last 4 years.

I have a family member that runs a tow company. The city of Spokane pays him $1000/RV they dispose of. They crush them up with an excavator. Some of them have 454s in them that sell well. They do 2-300/yr.
Do they have to check the vehicles for active inhabitants before they start crushing them? Is that anywhere in the fine print? If not, I've got some ideas for solutions here....

As with almost anything follow the money. "Homeless Help" draws HUGE money. As another poster mentioned the money just vanishes and the homeless population grows. People who have scum camped at their kids schools can look in the mirror for why. listen to them complain and scream, then in the next breath say they want them "helped". Anyone who really wants help has it right there to take. Only a fraction want it. The rest want free drugs, food, shelter, and most of all NO RULES. This is turning into a powder keg. Sooner or later "victims" will start to lash out and it will not be a pretty sight.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top