JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I worked in Seattle, bums would come up to me asking for money.

I'd say "I'm here to make money, not give it away"
Most people respected that response, surprisingly.

Oh, and to those who actually think there are some good people in those tents, back when I worked in Seattle I would have loved to meet you in certain areas of the city and give you a full hour to find that one tent with an actual family in need. You'd fail. There's reasons people are attracted to places like Seattle:
Services
Handouts
Tolerance of douchebaggery
Easy access to drugs

This is not a place someone legitimately down on their luck comes to and "accidentally" becomes a drug addict. Don't be so friggin dense

I wonder how much trouble one would get, the next time someone asks for money, if they say, "I'll give you more than a buck. I'll give you twenty, BUT in return you have to shove a piece of glass into your right eye. Right here. Right now."
bb385327869ebbcf2336003626847e42.jpg

They've upgraded from RVs to actual trains....

I love how the responder for Sound Transit blamed the security company. So if you're security, and you KNOW that you can't get a police officer(s) there quick, what fool is going to confront a bunch of angry, drugged up homeless bums?

Man, the dims have turned our formerly beautiful cities in the northwest to trash heaps.

Last Edited:
I love how the responder for Sound Transit blamed the security company. So if you're security, and you KNOW that you can't get a police officer(s) there quick, what fool is going to confront a bunch of angry, drugged up homeless bums?

Man, the dims have turned our formerly beautiful cities in the northwest to thrash heaps.

These days, rent-a-cops seem even more ridiculous than ever.

Not allowed a weapon.
Not allowed to put hands on anyone.
Know that calling actual police is useless.

I really don't know why people take the job, easy paycheck for certain mentality?

I really don't know why people take the job, easy paycheck for certain mentality?
I think it's always been that way. Not necessarily a bad thing. Considering the various security "Gaurds" wifey as worked closely with in her management position. There are some very good, very poor, and some bordering on dangerous. Way back, late '80s? Some even carried guns.

I think it's always been that way. Not necessarily a bad thing. Considering the various security "Gaurds" wifey as worked closely with in her management position. There are some very good, very poor, and some bordering on dangerous. Way back, late '80s? Some even carried guns.

So the "guards" are similar to the cross section of folks here at NWFA?....:s0113:

So the "guards" are similar to the cross section of folks here at NWFA?....:s0113:
Sure, I guess. But considering this is a firearms forum I'd say there are some security people that don't have as much going on upstairs as the vast majority of our members.

The security company has 2 choices.
#1: Pay out a 250k life insurance policy when an unarmed security guard gets stabbed to death by a junkie.
#2: Get hit with a $2,000,000 BS lawsuit when a security guard shoots a junkie running at him with a knife and the junkie has a collapsed lung with spinal nerve damage and his lawyer plays up how it wasn't his fault for being a junkie and the guard should have tried to ask him about his emotions and feelings instead of shooting to prevent being stabbed to death..

To be fair, very few of them could ever hold a real job, most cannot function in society as it is, which is a big reason they are where they are in the first place!
I'm sure that "fairness" is the first thing on their mind while they are stealing your catalytic converter. :rolleyes: ;)

Earth to Kristopher: That IS their job.
That was facetious. It's all a stew of drugs, immaturity, mental illness or weakness, emotional damage. Accumulated trauma and a serious of bad choices that lead downhill to a point where standing in the middle of a highway asking for $ sounds like the easiest way to get high just one more time.

The vast majority of them seriously and honestly cannot mentally conceive of a path of quitting drugs, working hard, being diligent and dependable. Fulfilling the roles of a hard job or ANY job.

It's the weirdest thing to realize they cannot function (regardless of the cause) they also often DO NOT want to function in any role that has responsibilities or demands effort. But they still want food and phones cigarettes and drugs.
And it makes 100% sense to them that someone else should give it all to them.

1000 years ago they would starve to death every winter or would murder and steal until someone with a sword stopped them.

Now they just break into cars to afford drugs and nobody in power takes any true actions to redirect them into a safe/controlled environment where they can be drugless and safe for the good of civilization...

Being homeless is not noble or heroic.
It's an terrible reality. Functional people don't find themselves there, or at least not for long. Being a homeless drug addicts that refuses treatment could be argued as a mental illness by itself that demands a psychological evaluation and taken into mental health facility for treatment so a city can have cleaner safer streets.

How embarrassing for a city or mayor that has armies of homeless crapping on the sidewalks. They spend hundreds of millions/yr and nothing changes. Just proves that it's completely corrupt

Last Edited:
That was facetious. It's all a stew of drugs, immaturity, mental illness or weakness, emotional damage. Accumulated trauma and a serious of bad choices that lead downhill to a point where standing in the middle of a highway asking for $ sounds like the easiest way to get high just one more time.

The vast majority of them seriously and honestly cannot mentally conceive of a path of quitting drugs, working hard, being diligent and dependable. Fulfilling the roles of a hard job or ANY job.

It's the weirdest thing to realize they cannot function (regardless of the cause) they also often DO NOT want to function in any role that has responsibilities or demands effort. But they still want food and phones cigarettes and drugs.
And it makes 100% sense to them that someone else should give it all to them.

1000 years ago they would starve to death every winter or would murder and steal until someone with a sword stopped them.

Now they just break into cars to afford drugs and nobody in power takes any true actions to redirect them into a safe/controlled environment where they can be drugless and safe for the good of civilization...

Being homeless is not noble or heroic.
It's an terrible reality. Functional people don't find themselves there, or at least not for long. Being a homeless drug addicts that refuses treatment could be argued as a mental illness by itself that demands a psychological evaluation and taken into mental health facility for treatment so a city can have cleaner safer streets.

How embarrassing for a city or mayor that has armies of homeless crapping on the sidewalks. They spend hundreds of millions/yr and nothing changes. Just proves that it's completely corrupt
Functional homeless live in their cars and generally play by the rules. My belief is they are growing, but still a minority, part of the homeless population. Housing is crazy expensive these days and those on fixed incomes are going to continue to struggle with keeping a roof over their head. Too many people and not enough housing.

It's a supply and demand issue. When the supply is lower then the demand, prices go up. If you raised incomes the problem would persist. Either you raise supply (create more housing) or you lower demand (less people).
It aint that simple. There's a lot of empty houses and condos that I am seeing because they're listed at extremely high prices, and a lot of apartments whose prices went way up; while wages have not increased at the same rate. Mortgage lenders are being more selective and having much higher down and interest terms. People on average can't afford 25-30% down plus s credit score of 800+; while paying $1,500+/ month for the average apartments

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top