JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a never ending supply of dilapidated RVs, that are capable of driving here, on some underground listing site? They'd have to be overpriced and unaffordable, if so. Or, as a friend suggested, are the cities supplying the addicts and thieves?

And the camping gear, that stuff isn't cheap. From another post, a few months ago, I was driving and saw a new encampment. I thought one of the tents was pretty nice looking, and then I recognized it as the very same one I saved for... the one I debated if I really wanted to spend that much on a tent, and if I deserved it, or would use it enough to justify the cost.

Maybe it pays more to be "homeless" and destructive drug addict.

094e338423466ecd2718a1e968656161.jpg

-Robert

Used to be able to find old rvs for sorta cheap through Craigslist. Impound /tow/city Auctions also a possibility; the worse condition, the cheaper; and very likely the exact same kind of people buying that loses them :rolleyes: as for camping gear.... thrift stores seem to have no end of last few seasons tents and sleeping bags donated by people who just have had to get the latest abd greatest, or those who gave up on camping.

Edit. Here's something to think about. How many new and excellent condition RVs do you see at the local RV Parks and Campgrounds? How often do you think a certain segment of the RV owning population traded their old ones in for new ones, and what happens to the very old and worn out ones that still runs?

Last Edited:
For the full homeless experience, don't wear clean clothes, don't bring good food, bring lots of liquor, get buncha drugs, and don't go into the woods, just "camp" right on the streets! :s0064:
Only did that once in Wurzburg for the Monsters of Rock concert spent my meager paycheck on a three day ticket a train ride and a few bottles of rum .

Not sure about the RV's. Suspect many of them are sold "as is" barely running. A lot of the scum get a huge check at tax time for not working. Tents? I would be willing to bet a LOT of them are stolen. There are also some "do good" rich people who get together and donate stuff like this. Sleeping bags, tents and such. Then feeling much better they get back in their cars and drive home. To a gated community that will NEVER allow the scum to set up camp where they live.

Think maybe the illegals are living in the homes that the homeless were forced out of?
Wouldn't surprise me for some cases. More likely a lot of them already have community resources and families already living here that would welcome them, and more likely that there are housing provided to them that aren't available to the homeless... also very likely they're "employed" with "good financial standing" and beside not being US Citizens, passed whatever checks the housing agencies are using :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me for some cases. More likely a lot of them already have community resources and families already living here that would welcome them, and more likely that there are housing provided to them that aren't available to the homeless... also very likely they're "employed" with "good financial standing" and beside not being US Citizens, passed whatever checks the housing agencies are using :rolleyes:
Who is paying for all this?

I have seen folks dropping off tents, bedding, and food at the local 3rd world chit hole.
It's today's new item and tomorrow's garbage that just gets left out in the street.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top