JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this accurate? Doesn't apply to stripped lowers? I thought it did since they are for semiautomatic guns.

They are a frame/receiver, not a firearm. Not a rifle or a pistol. That's why they are limited to 21 years of age and state of residency receipt (federal law, not state). As such, they are not part of 1639, but you can guarantee the state democratic party has lowers, 80% and such on their radar for regulation. Start calling your state reps and senators today and telling them to punish criminals, not law abiding citizens. Email them, nicely, asking them to stop the all out assault on firearm owners.

They are a frame/receiver, not a firearm. Not a rifle or a pistol. That's why they are limited to 21 years of age and state of residency receipt (federal law, not state). As such, they are not part of 1639, but you can guarantee the state democratic party has lowers, 80% and such on their radar for regulation. Start calling your state reps and senators today and telling them to punish criminals, not law abiding citizens. Email them, nicely, asking them to stop the all out assault on firearm owners.

I vote and write them each election. Sadly we are a dying breed, outnumbered by avocado toast snow flakes.

That's good to know about the lowers, good points, thanks! Next time I'm pass through on my way to Portland I'll stop by

I thought that only Section 13 of 1639 took effect January 1st, not the enhanced background check or three week waiting provision?

Also, I don't believe that stripped lowers are subject to 1639.
Stripped lowers are still considered to be a gun by ATF rules because it is the frame upon which a gun can be built on, and it holds the serial number. As of July 1st any gun by deffinition that is considered to be an Assault Rifle , will only be able to be purchased once a mandatory class is taken on the safety of such guns, then you get a certificate to show you took the class PRIOR to being able to pick up and purchase the gun.
THAT is where even a stripped lower that you have to sign for and do the back ground check comes into play as of July 1st 2019.
Anything bought prior to the July 1st, 2019 start of the I-1639 law that takes full effect at that date, you do not have to take a class I and can be ordered and shipped into WA State just as anything else can be. But once the law takes effect anyone purchasing any AR lowers, or complete "assault" guns by deffinition, WILL THEN have to take the class, you also will have to pay a new $25.00 fee that FFL Dealer's will be required charge gun buyers of assault guns as of July 1st, 2019 that is supposed to go to fund the safety training classes in order to buy the guns under the new I-1639 law. There's more to the law but that's the assault gun part basically.
:cool::oops:

5D Tactical is the way to go for machining 80% lowers. Has an adapter kit to do large frame lowers as well. I have some 80% receivers in both sizes coming in from Noreen. The 5D Jig is coming after my pocketbook recovers from the holidays and 2 kid's birthdays;)

5D Tactical is the way to go for machining 80% lowers. Has an adapter kit to do large frame lowers as well. I have some 80% receivers in both sizes coming in from Noreen. The 5D Jig is coming after my pocketbook recovers from the holidays and 2 kid's birthdays;)

I bought one of the first Gem jigs & I have to buy an AR10 adapter for later on. Still the best jig on the market!!!!;)

5D Tactical jig is so damn easy to use. Check it out man if you take your time the first one its really really simple.

If you don't believe me you can ask @Caveman Jim @v0lcom13sn0w @etrain16 @Stomper @Kruel J and I'm sure I could come up with a few more:D

Thanks for the tip! You guys are awesome. My buddy I was just talking to suggested 80% lowers as well. One of his friends in laws has a jig he got for $300 bucks and makes it foolproof to finish the lower. And here I started to think about buying a 3d printer to make my own.

Stripped lowers are still considered to be a gun by ATF rules because it is the frame upon which a gun can be built on, and it holds the serial number. As of July 1st any gun by deffinition that is considered to be an Assault Rifle , will only be able to be purchased once a mandatory class is taken on the safety of such guns, then you get a certificate to show you took the class PRIOR to being able to pick up and purchase the gun.
THAT is where even a stripped lower that you have to sign for and do the back ground check comes into play as of July 1st 2019.
Anything bought prior to the July 1st, 2019 start of the I-1639 law that takes full effect at that date, you do not have to take a class I and can be ordered and shipped into WA State just as anything else can be. But once the law takes effect anyone purchasing any AR lowers, or complete "assault" guns by deffinition, WILL THEN have to take the class, you also will have to pay a new $25.00 fee that FFL Dealer's will be required charge gun buyers of assault guns as of July 1st, 2019 that is supposed to go to fund the safety training classes in order to buy the guns under the new I-1639 law. There's more to the law but that's the assault gun part basically.
I-1639's background check and waiting provisions do not apply to all "firearms" they only apply to pistols and "semi automatic assault rifles."

Thanks for the tip! You guys are awesome. My buddy I was just talking to suggested 80% lowers as well. One of his friends in laws has a jig he got for $300 bucks and makes it foolproof to finish the lower. And here I started to think about buying a 3d printer to make my own.
They work great! :cool: Just lube your work and the bit generously and frequently. The lube is more used to keep the bit cool as excessive heat will destroy the bit in no time.

Highly recommend using the dewalt router they list as well. It's worth every penny.

Also to answer your original question: there are plenty of places around king county to buy stripped or complete lowers before the new year.

There's Pantel Tactical in Renton(SOT-3), Ben's Loan in Renton, Rainier Arms in Auburn (SOT-3), maybe Rehv Arms in Covington. (they're usually 99% of the time out of stock of parts so they're usually my last choice though I did buy my vepr-12 from them a couple years ago.)

West Coast Armory in Issaquah (SOT-3) and in Factoria. Wades gun shop in Bellevue (they might have stripped lowers but not sure...They are a SOT-3 though)

Not sure if he stocks any: but you might try Fall City Gun shop as well.

Last Edited:

The law says nothing about stripped lowers. They DO NOT meet the states definition of an assault rifle because a stripped lower is NOT transferred as a rifle. It's transferred as an other.

Feel free to cite where I am wrong, but what you are saying as far as I know, is not correct.

Wait till July and find out.
A stripped lower is not semiautomatic and can be built into a number of configurations, not all of which are semiautomatic. Why would anyone put forth effort to stretch a statutory definition beyond its own ridiculous language? They will introduce other bills to ban and confiscate many types of guns, but those will be different bills (and hopefully never laws) with different language than 1639.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top