JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. A number of guns for sale come as package deals with modifications and accessories. Great if you want the gun exactly as someone modified it but less so if you just wanted the base gun.

Lots of remanufactured or reloaded ammo in the classifieds which I'm not interested in. The new ammo I would be interested in is often higher priced than what I can find on ammoseek, Reddit gundeals, or the great deals section of this site. Heck even bimart can be cheaper sometimes.

Why spend my time and gas to pay okay to bad prices? When I can stay at home and do better.
Yeah I have seen that everywhere as of late, I thought you couldnt sell hand loads???? Andy ???? A little word of wisdom on that matter of selling hand loads

All good reasons mentioned however I think a biggee is simply SB941.

It, of ALL things cut into my hobby gun buying/trading dramatically.

I used to buy/sell/trade maybe 5 to 7 guns a year prior to 941 and since then I have sold one only - and bought nothing privately.

Personally I don't care at all about "the cycle" or "timing the market" or any of that stuff. I buy firearms for my personal use, I'm not a gun dealer.

I do care about likely upcoming measure 114 restrictions though. This has caused me to buy more off my wish list and stopped me from buying another suppressor (due to possible unknown hoops and delays in the future). 2 cents...

I recently had a new probationary member inquire about a extremely sought after item and then when I said "yes I still have it" and "this is how much I'm asking, let me know if you want to proceed" then he just disappeared. So that leads me to believe he was either a scammer or somebody who was just too leery. I don't mind that (not the scammer part, I hate those people) but it would be nice if someone were to say "I'll pass, thanks anyway" and not just disappear without saying anything...
(although I think I complained about that before in a similar thread). :p

I myself have been prioritizing guns, magazines and ammo for several years and not purchasing really any accessories. As the must have semi auto firearm list for me grows smaller and smaller it seems the price of the stuff I want becomes higher as I want better quality firearms. If this measure 114 passes I will switch to accessories untill it get sorted out/ tossed out in the courts.

Food and gasoline has taken up an exponentially larger portion of my budget. Brandon's economy is crushing my finances, don't even get me started on what he's done to my 401k. For me to buy now, it would need to be an exceptional deal on something I've wanted.
Same here, but at age 29. I was in NW Armory Tigard on Saturday and left empty handed(exceptionally rare there for me), partly because I didn't really see anything I really felt like I needed. Not going to lie it is partly because I've found a woman I plan on dating,(if it be God's will) and I felt like I really needed to see her more than anything else. I even prayed she would be at the store I bought a defective item I had to replace, God answered my prayer and she was there during the return/replacement on the very same Saturday after I left NW Armory Tigard.

Focusing on needs more than wants or good deals. Trying to get property and home ready for winter, buying feed for animals, stocking freezers, filling gas, diesel and propane tanks etc, it all takes money and costs are high right now. I am trying to be realistic on what I need and will use as far as firearms go, so I have been selling more than buying. I will get a whole lot more use out of new tires on my tractor and a new chainsaw than I will another gun (although for that money, I could buy a couple really nice guns). I think things are going to get worse before they get better, so no "want" spending for me, right now.

Last Edited:
Yeah I have seen that everywhere as of late, I thought you couldnt sell hand loads???? Andy ???? A little word of wisdom on that matter of selling hand loads
You need a license to reload for the purpose of selling. But if you made some for yourself and no longer need them, that sale is (legally) OK. You won't usually get more than the cost of the components as most people don't trust other's handloads.

Edited in ()

(But it is against the forum rules.)

Bruce

Last Edited:
If Ballot Measure 114 passes there may be an uptick in purchases by people trying to beat the deadline. If 114 passes there will be a period of time where purchasing a firearm may be impossible due to all the requirements. I think it would be several months before the required training and LEO process is put into place.

Same here, but at age 29. I was in NW Armory Tigard on Saturday and left empty handed(exceptionally rare there for me), partly because I didn't really see anything I really felt like I needed. Not going to lie it is partly because I've found a woman I plan on dating,(if it be God's will) and I felt like I really needed to see her more than anything else. I even prayed she would be at the store I bought a defective item I had to replace, God answered my prayer and she was there during the return/replacement on the very same Saturday after I left NW Armory Tigard.
Life is too short to wait for things to happen. Go for it! That's what I recommend, but I'm just some internet dude.

If Ballot Measure 114 passes there may be an uptick in purchases by people trying to beat the deadline. If 114 passes there will be a period of time where purchasing a firearm may be impossible due to all the requirements. I think it would be several months before the required training and LEO process is put into place.
It will be much longer than several months if 114 passes, the infrastructure needed to for everything they need for the permits and such is going to take many months maybe even a year or two, this is of course by design.

For non-firearm items not all sellers are willing to ship, which limits their pool of potential buyers.
I notice that as well. Or, set a high shipping cost that makes the deal a no go. I'm sorry, but it doesn't cost $10 to ship a 2.5oz $50 item. 20% charge on top of the item price... ya gotta use a little common sense with what you're asking.

When money get's tight, too, it seems folks are also trying to get as much as possible for their items. It's becoming less and less uncommon to see a classified at a price that you could pick up new and shipped to your door for substantially less.

Yeah, maybe that's what you paid for. You may have not gotten a great deal to begin with. Times change and deals can be had. Even brand new, there is an assumed risk with no return poilicy... and often no warranty. Do your homework and price accordingly since many will opt for retail suppliers over personal property 2nd hand merch. Especially when it's cheaper, but even when the savings is only marginal. It's often not worth it just to save 5 or 10 bucks on a $200 item. KWIM?

If it's not selling it's the price.
If you're not buying it's the price.
ffs you might have to slob nob to get rid of your crap. No one really cares.

I do look at some of the asking prices and then look at my 20,30 and 40 year old guns and think goshk Popeye, I could sell them and make bank. But the thing is I like my guns so would have to replace them at today's prices. I had a similar conversation with my wife about our house. Yes it's worth quite a bit more than we paid for it 20 years ago. if we sold it for what it would sell for today and then spent the money on another house we could have exactly this house.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top