JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've noticed that.....
Many ads are only about trading stuff.

1666108022122.png

Me.
1666108052993.png

Aloha, Mark

Sad to say but inflation is killing us, I did not even re up my rifle club membership, and i think im going to cancel comcast tv, when the contract is up in Jan, have you seen food prices, lordy lordy .
Yes, I've seen food prices. We have four kids, so that makes six mouths to feed on my single income. My wife is good at shopping frugally, me not so much. I like a little better cut of meat once in a while, gotta splurge once in a while if you've been good.

I would have to agree, although my prices are not always the best and that's usually due to my items being brand new, but yes, I've seen a rather large reduction in sales as well...
That and I also have a lot of new members (probationary) that inquire about my items that don't necessarily feel comfortable paying by the means in which I ask.

Last Edited:
I've noticed some changes in prices in favor of the buyer, but, admittedly, I haven't done deep searches. Still, I can't help but notice the overall tone of the market seems to be sluggish, and certain items no longer command the prices they once did.

Personally, I've simply (largely) lost interest. The time/hassle and monetary investment doesn't make sense any more. Just the juice isn't worth the squeeze type thing. I really doubt it will be again, but there are many seasons in life.

Last Edited:
I haven't found any listings for my favorite brand of beans.:s0149:

:s0030:

Hey, hey...quit wasting those tomatoes.

Personally, I have a list of wanted/needed items, and I rarely stray from the list...No matter how great the deal. Lately it has been more difficult to find products.

Here is a GOV site that has much of the data.

Last Edited:
Here is a GOV site that has much of the data.
What planet is this info based on? I have seen a lot of people not change their current spending habits. Hopefully they can afford it. But, show me the growth they spoke of.

My issue is, we don't really have a Plan B. Some say this is a time of opportunity but I see small businesses fail to grow roots.

I think a whole lot of people are bracing for impact, awaiting midterm results etc. In my case specifically, between my job and hunting season (which I prioritize above most things) I don't have the time to travel for anything not local anyway.

There's been a lot less chatter at work about buying toys, widgets and doodads. There's a cloud in the air that feels a lot like layoffs but nobody wants to say it for fear it'll come true

I guess I am just not looking at the right stuff. The guns/ammo I see listed here that interest me are all asking basically what I would pay new from an on-line retailer or just a few bucks less. Might as well buy new.
Agreed. A number of guns for sale come as package deals with modifications and accessories. Great if you want the gun exactly as someone modified it but less so if you just wanted the base gun.

Lots of remanufactured or reloaded ammo in the classifieds which I'm not interested in. The new ammo I would be interested in is often higher priced than what I can find on ammoseek, Reddit gundeals, or the great deals section of this site. Heck even bimart can be cheaper sometimes.

Why spend my time and gas to pay okay to bad prices? When I can stay at home and do better.

I think a whole lot of people are bracing for impact, awaiting midterm results etc. In my case specifically, between my job and hunting season (which I prioritize above most things) I don't have the time to travel for anything not local anyway.

There's been a lot less chatter at work about buying toys, widgets and doodads. There's a cloud in the air that feels a lot like layoffs but nobody wants to say it for fear it'll come true
They are coming, I expect we will see the layoff hammer being used a lot more often in 2023. It looks like Microsoft is going to be cutting 1% of their workforce (around 1000 jobs).

The last few election cycles had me budget and get almost everything I wanted. There aren't enough shiny new guns that do anything better than what I have.

The last few things I did buy was from here. An 18" upper and some ammo. That was 6 -8 months ago. Not only recession now but looming layoffs.
I think this is a big reason. Most people have bought what they need/want. Hence, mostly trade offers on here vs cash purchases.

A huge amount of my firearms budget went into magazines in 1H of this year, preparing for the July ban. Between that and the fact I'm also not seeing a bunch of "great deals."

I look at 'For Trade' ads as 'Who has the most to offer me for my item' and they are hoping they get a highball offer in their favor.

I get asking for a very specific trade but not a blanket statement saying you have 1000 rounds of whatever for trade, PM me with what you have to offer. That's basically a sleazy way of turning your sale into an auction to get around the rules of the forum.

Inflation, Brandon, midterm elections, recession, draconian ballot measures, poor consumer confidence, taxes, rumors of war, gas prices...you name it.

Retail numbers for October are going to be abysmal across many industries. We've already seen a huge drop in business in the first two weeks of October.

All of this is affecting what people are spending money on.

What planet is this info based on? I have seen a lot of people not change their current spending habits. Hopefully they can afford it. But, show me the growth they spoke of.

My issue is, we don't really have a Plan B. Some say this is a time of opportunity but I see small businesses fail to grow roots.
You really have to dig deep into their information, and realize that the ways that they quantify the data are under constant revision. I believe the September Consumer data is being reported as "Flat" , as in, below expectations. And, October has gotten off to a rotten start...

uiConsumer.png
I have also noticed that many people are not adjusting to the negative economic indicators. I assume that they are either unaware of the situation, or ignoring the situation, or just using credit while hoping for a quick recovery. But, maybe they are rich..dunno

Consumer Credit Info. No shocker...looks like record levels.

At least some of the "journalists" are starting to question the narrative coming from the recession deniers. So now, maybe, some of those people will see the information and be able to adjust their consumer practices.

A time of opportunity?...Possibly for those who take advantage of others' misfortune. Anyone who wishes to borrow capital, to create or expand, is seriously disadvantaged due to the increase in interest rates.

Back to the thread... I think this is the first wave in the Classifieds. I predict there will be more deals toward year-end and a scramble when 2022 taxes come due.

But I am just guessing, and I hope that all, with good intention, succeed in their endeavors.

I agree with most of the above comments. On a side note, if you truly enjoy the shooting sports and see it as a long term hobby..... market gluts like these are actually your friend. Buy it all cheap and stack it deep. So the next time the market undoubtedly goes bonkers on prices in the other direction [ie 2008, 2011, 2014, 2020 etc] you aren't the one complaining that you can't afford to shoot a 22LR. If you squirrel enough away during the good times you will survive the bad times without too much panic and neck beard wrestling. Just my .02!

I know I'm preaching to the choir to many of you but I figured there are probably some newer shooters here that haven't experienced these repeated market cycles.:)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top