JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Us folks in Oregon only have about a month or so left to buy anything new. I'm guessing once the decision on 114 comes down it won't take long for the sthtf.

Hopefully local mom and pops gun shops survive the approaching Armageddon but that's gonna require a lot of ammo sales.

I just called comcast and they offered me a new price that I could not refuse. Half of what I thought I could get them down to. I think Verizon Internet is a threat to them.
Competition tends to work WONDERS. Decades back city I lived in here had one cable choice. Sucked. Everyone around us in the county was getting fiber and FAR better service. The Co in the city said they were "working on it" but it was going to take 5 years. Well City up and strung their own fiber and in a matter of months started hooking people up. Amazingly the other Co managed to string fiber in months not years. They then sold the system to AT&T who promptly turned it to crap which gave the City even more customers. I keep hoping the city will take over here and offer it. The day they do I will be so glad to tell concast to cut me off as I no longer need them.

For me this year has been a year from hell for expenses. I'm five figures deep in vet bills, another five figures in upgrades to my property, another with a bath remodel, paid cash for a new car, and medical stuff for myself and the wife have all put the brakes on gun stuff and pretty much everything else.

I'm also working two jobs to make it all happen. No time left in the week for anything else.

For me this year has been a year from hell for expenses. I'm five figures deep in vet bills, another five figures in upgrades to my property, another with a bath remodel, paid cash for a new car, and medical stuff for myself and the wife have all put the brakes on gun stuff and pretty much everything else.

I'm also working two jobs to make it all happen. No time left in the week for anything else.
No bueno.

There is some activity for items priced right, but prices are softening the last few months. I sold a rifle, and bought a handgun upper yesterday; bought some primers, powder, and dies on Friday, some more primers today, and a Dillon press and some dies yesterday.

So over the last three days, I've been involved with five transactions with different members here.

We were $142 for Internet plus basic channels.
Now $55 including tax for Internet only. Wife streams like a mofo.
Three years ago, neighbor was $99 for internet only.
I bought a antenna for our smart tv and bought my own compatible modem, and just got internet for 39 per month, I think about 300 Megs, and went back to land line, saving about 160 per month of course with the cost of food now its like going backwards.

We were $142 for Internet plus basic channels.
Now $55 including tax for Internet only. Wife streams like a mofo.
Three years ago, neighbor was $99 for internet only.
This is on my agenda. We have a package deal with Comcast: internet, cable TV and land line phone. At present, it sets me back $234 per month. That's about a $30 in two increases since the first of the year. I signed a 2 year contract not long ago, but when this happens, they always tell me the increase is from taxes and franchise increases that are not covered by the contract.

My idea lately has been to just go down to the office and tell them, "This is what I can pay - $150. If that cannot be done, I'll have to find communications alternatives." We've got that Ziply Fiber thing available. They aren't adding cable TV customers, but they have basic internet service and using that, I can make entertainment arrangements. It just takes the urge to make a change. Problem is, you get comfortable with systems over time. We've had cable TV service here since 1987.

Oh, I can't let the landline phone go, Mrs. Merkt has got to have it. She won't carry a cell phone around. Nor will I, for that matter.

My son is the IT guy, he has Ziply Fiber internet connection, pays $80 a month (after the $60 intro rate ran out). In turn, he has some kind of bojack TV service that he gets over the internet, something that he pays $110 per year for. He hastens to add, "It's not legal, they are simply pirating programming stuff from the majors." That pirate TV service gets it all; I had him show me all the very many channels it gets. Even the British TV stuff I like that Comcast seems to have shed. He says it works until it doesn't; he's had to change vendors for this a couple of times. But some semi-crook always comes along to fill the void. The other, legal way you can do it is to subscribe to whatever entertainment providers you want, but those can add up and bump you right back up to the level of the Comcast bill.

You've got to have internet service, even if cable TV doesn't come with it. A lot of personal finance stuff gets done over the internet. And you've got to have a cell phone, too, because sometimes those internet connections want verifications and that cannot be done on a landline.

Good thing gas and groceries are cheap!😞

^^That's hard.

A couple beers and a couple of cheeseburgers is now $57. Along with all the bills that went up. Internet/Cable, Water, Car Insurance, Health Insurance, Property Taxes...

I've been 1 in 1 out this year on firearms. A few things have sold in the last month but summertime was *dead*. You had to pretty much give things away.

In the last 3 months here on the forum I've done 3 trades and one more in the works. I have bought 2 guns elsewhere and one of those is up for the most recent trade. So much as I'd like to be a cash out right now buyer my money needs to be spent other ways. The trading works for me scratching that "just one more" itch with only the cost of the transfer to pay.

Last Edited:
This is on my agenda. We have a package deal with Comcast: internet, cable TV and land line phone. At present, it sets me back $234 per month. That's about a $30 in two increases since the first of the year. I signed a 2 year contract not long ago, but when this happens, they always tell me the increase is from taxes and franchise increases that are not covered by the contract.

My idea lately has been to just go down to the office and tell them, "This is what I can pay - $150. If that cannot be done, I'll have to find communications alternatives." We've got that Ziply Fiber thing available. They aren't adding cable TV customers, but they have basic internet service and using that, I can make entertainment arrangements. It just takes the urge to make a change. Problem is, you get comfortable with systems over time. We've had cable TV service here since 1987.

Oh, I can't let the landline phone go, Mrs. Merkt has got to have it. She won't carry a cell phone around. Nor will I, for that matter.

My son is the IT guy, he has Ziply Fiber internet connection, pays $80 a month (after the $60 intro rate ran out). In turn, he has some kind of bojack TV service that he gets over the internet, something that he pays $110 per year for. He hastens to add, "It's not legal, they are simply pirating programming stuff from the majors." That pirate TV service gets it all; I had him show me all the very many channels it gets. Even the British TV stuff I like that Comcast seems to have shed. He says it works until it doesn't; he's had to change vendors for this a couple of times. But some semi-crook always comes along to fill the void. The other, legal way you can do it is to subscribe to whatever entertainment providers you want, but those can add up and bump you right back up to the level of the Comcast bill.

You've got to have internet service, even if cable TV doesn't come with it. A lot of personal finance stuff gets done over the internet. And you've got to have a cell phone, too, because sometimes those internet connections want verifications and that cannot be done on a landline.
Yeah my Samsung smart tv has 220 free channels once you connect it to the internet, the thing is now that commiecast caps you out at about 1 tb of data, now if you are not streaming in 4k or ultra HD then you should be fine. 20 yrs ago there was so much choice to get your tv/phone/internet from, now they are all pretty much gone.

Cheer up sellers. Some in society will be getting bonuses from work soon and we are not too far away from people getting tax refunds.

As long as Measure 114 implementation is kept at bay, potential buyers should be in a better position to buy in the coming months. That is a gamble sellers will have to make. If you believe Measure 114 will get implemented soon then you might want to become a more motivated seller. Keep your ads bumped, make sure your prices are competitive, make informative ads, check your messages, respond quickly to inquires, don't let in box get full, etc, etc.

GLWSs

Sales and transfers have been really slow lately. Guessing that is the case Statewide since queue has been running very low.

I have snapped up many of the best deals but there are still some great deals remaining.

I was pursuing the NWFA classifieds and tried out a filter option, that I don't normally use. This link will be for the rifle section and sorted by ascending price.

This link is for handgun section with price ascending filter selected.

Sales and transfers have been really slow lately. Guessing that is the case Statewide since queue has been running very low.

I have snapped up many of the best deals but there are still some great deals remaining.

I was pursuing the NWFA classifieds and tried out a filter option, that I don't normally use. This link will be for the rifle section and sorted by ascending price.

This link is for handgun section with price ascending filter selected.

"Guessing" that as tax refunds start to roll in more guns will be sold :D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads