JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd love to pick up a decent Garand, but only at the right price. I used to buy and sell F/As quite bit here years ago, but 941 threw cold water on that, just because it's become a PITA. but I'm sure that was the general intent of the law. Generally speaking I see several sellers with little to no feedback and little participation on the forum, and maybe a couple accounts that are duplicates selling different items.

I'd love to pick up a decent Garand, but only at the right price. I used to buy and sell F/As quite bit here years ago, but 941 threw cold water on that, just because it's become a PITA. but I'm sure that was the general intent of the law. Generally speaking I see several sellers with little to no feedback and little participation on the forum, and maybe a couple accounts that are duplicates selling different items.
That $1,300.00-$2,400.00 IS the right price now on the open market.

CMP still has TWO categories of Rack Grade M1s. And Expert Grades. You get one of those now and you'll never lose money on it. You wait, and the option may be gone.

Yep....I see lots of neat and or good guns and such here for sale...
Just not too many that I like well enough to go through the hassle of buying.
^ Ditto. I've been in this zone for a while.

Are there still neat guns out there? Yes. Enough to tie up the investment funds and deal with the regulatory cost/hassle(s)? The answer is a negative in almost all cases for me these days.

That $1,300.00-$2,400.00 IS the right price now on the open market.

CMP still has TWO categories of Rack Grade M1s. And Expert Grades. You get one of those now and you'll never lose money on it. You wait, and the option may be gone.

On the other hand, this is interesting. I just renewed membership in OSSA. On one of their emails it mentioned membership can be used with CMP. Hmmm ... worth looking into? Any tips?

I don't know why but tons of used guns are priced at or above what you can get them for new ! I think you just have to add "RARE" or " UNOBTANIUM" to the add and the 50% markup is totally justified lol .
Yep I have an ultra rare north american arms pistol in 22mag with a short barrel so it is easier to conceal that I have debating on listing. I think about $450 would be a steal of a deal for someone who is looking for that elusive, easily concealable, defensive handgun.

^ Ditto. I've been in this zone for a while.

Are there still neat guns out there? Yes. Enough to tie up the investment funds and deal with the regulatory cost/hassle(s)? The answer is a negative in almost all cases for me these days.

On the other hand, this is interesting. I just renewed membership in OSSA. On one of their emails it mentioned membership can be used with CMP. Hmmm ... worth looking into? Any tips?
Joining the Garand Collectors Association also qualifies you for purchase. The have a great quarterly magazine they send out. $25.00 a year I believe. I don't know what tips I'd offer. The directions on the link I posted are pretty straight forward. And if you have issues, they actually ANSWER their phones if you need to call! A live person answers!! In 2021 it took me 6 months from their receipt of my paperwork to have the gun at the FFL. At the point I sent in my paperwork they had so many people in the que that they stopped accepting pucrhases. That was to weeks after receiving my paperwork. As I understand the M1s they still have get out to you a lot quicker than back when I got mine. Join the CMP forums and look around. The case they send it in is worth a C-note.

If you don't have one, you need to do it. Though the rack grade are the roughest ones they offer.

Thanks much @Mikej. After consideration and a brief discussion with my better-half, we decided it would be extra hilarious if the anti-freedom's crews' actions that resulted in me renewing membership also had the effective of a Garand being delivered to our door. Ergo I just completed the paperwork for an expert grade and will have it notarized tomorrow. (teehee)

AFAIK CMP still sends Garands to an OR FFL due to our state requiring Dealer xfer. That w/ M114 and permit requirements halted my look into getting one. Perhaps I am wrong on this though, would love to get a Garand.

Thanks much @Mikej. After consideration and a brief discussion with my better-half, we decided it would be extra hilarious if the anti-freedom's crews' actions that resulted in me renewing membership also had the effective of a Garand being delivered to our door. Ergo I just completed the paperwork for an expert grade and will have it notarized tomorrow. (teehee)
Wonderful! You know?...That you may have the incontrollable urge to have one that shows some wear and tear down the line? But I've read that expert grade with the new barrel are real accurate!
I ordered these modified clips...bottom of the page.

I'm excited for you. Be sure and show some good pics. I've never seen one of the experts up close.

This affects much more that firearm related items. I have other things for sale and I see the same items posted for much longer than I have someting posted so it is widespread.

I've got a super rare hipoint 995ts. It's a safe queen, only put 50rd through it to test function(I'll include the misfired rounds and the 40 spent casings). Has a few marks from mounting various Amazon/Chinese airsoft optics (not included), and comes with no magazines. No original box, and the booklet is missing pages.

You'll be lucky to buy it for $1200. For an extra $400 I'll throw in a Chinese RDS that won't hold zero and a sling with a missing attachment.

Meet at my LGS in Okanogan on Wednesdays only at 4:22pm only, you pay transfer ($120).

Let the bidding war begin!

Last Edited:
Well, mailed my check and application to CMP for an expert grade Garand. $1150.00 is not bad, plus I threw in an additional donation. Great program. Anyone know approximate processing time?

I'm excited for you. Be sure and show some good pics. I've never seen one of the experts up close.
When I bought mine they were called "Special Grade". New barrel and stock. All parts are like new!
1674053391557.png

Rifles I purchased from the CMP or DCM. SAs, H&Rs and Winchesters. The first one from the DCM was $165 shipping included.:D
1674053669453.png

When I bought mine they were called "Special Grade". New barrel and stock. All parts are like new!
View attachment 1348238

Rifles I purchased from the CMP or DCM. SAs, H&Rs and Winchesters. The first one from the DCM was $165 shipping included.:D
View attachment 1348239
Good lord man! I don't know if I'd even want that many! Get them confused, can't give them each the time they deserve.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top