JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Leave it on, turn the ringer off and toss it in the garbage for pickup, or stick it under a car bumper at a rest stop.

Amazing that Verizon for instance keeps a record of everywhere you have been for at least three years. On Oct 14th, 2011, at 2:31pm you were at Fisherman's in Oregon City. Easy to verify that fact.

Even more amazing is that no cares. They do what sheep always do when they get disturbing news. They baaaah loud for a while, but then they calm down, forgot about it and go back to grazing.

Ok, so tracking your every step is done. Listening to your every word is done, whether you are actually on the phone or not. The only thing left is no cash and forced electronic transactions for everything. There will be objections of course, then - back to grazing.

Leave it on, turn the ringer off and toss it in the garbage for pickup, or stick it under a car bumper at a rest stop.

Amazing that Verizon for instance keeps a record of everywhere you have been for at least three years. On Oct 14th, 2011, at 2:31pm you were at Fisherman's in Oregon City. Easy to verify that fact.

Not me, I work on Mondays :s0114:
They all track you, gps on or gps off, doesn't matter.

funny story, bout 5 years ago, i thought it would be funny to leave a disposable phone on an airplane. the phone was out of minutes and i had no use for it anymore. so i stuffed t in the back seat padding of the seat in front of mine and forgot all about it.within 4 weeks it was in a box on my porch mailed back to me from Malaysia Airlines ... thought i would never see that phone again.. i guess they figured out who's name was tied to it,as i purchased it in indonesia, then cross referenced the flight manifest.

I have a pre paid phone it's almost always turned off but anyone tracking nit would know where I travel (only 5-10 places I go).
would removing the battery help?

Crap....2 weeks ago switched from a flip phone to "smart" phone (under duress mind you) and cant figure out why these apps want to know who I call, when I call, when (and if the app allows) i turn my phone off (if the app allows) etc, etc, etc....... I FUKIN HATE THIS THING!!! The only thing Im happy about this phone is I got a removable battery and sim card (which doesnt make sense if im just gonna chuck it anyway) in case I gotta ditch this device. Look at your apps.... See what they do, Its sketchy.... I dont want this fukin thing anymore......

Crap....2 weeks ago switched from a flip phone to "smart" phone (under duress mind you) and cant figure out why these apps want to know who I call, when I call, when (and if the app allows) i turn my phone off (if the app allows) etc, etc, etc....... I FUKIN HATE THIS THING!!! The only thing Im happy about this phone is I got a removable battery and sim card (which doesnt make sense if im just gonna chuck it anyway) in case I gotta ditch this device. Look at your apps.... See what they do, Its sketchy.... I dont want this fukin thing anymore......

Sh!t...Now they know where I am and what Im doing... NOT LOL....

Simple right hook to the ground should solve this prob......

Using this same technology is how authorities in Nevada found the missing family in the mountains last week. They were able to "ping" all their known locations until they zeroed in on their present location. If some small town sheriffs office has the know-how and technology to accomplish this, what do you think Big Brother ( DHS, CIA, NSA, etc) is capable of?

OK, I confess I don't have and don't even want a cellphone, but have to have one to build the new home. After that it's going into a lead box

This is nothing new. Years ago I heard of a murder case solved using this technology.

If my memory serves the cops suspected the husband in his wife's disappearance and/or murder but couldn't prove it. He denied being in a certain place at the time in question, but the cell phone "pings" told a different story.

What a moron. He should have not done the deed, but that goes without saying. Absent that, he shouldn't have talked to the cops at all and shouldn't have had his cell phone with him during the time on question.

Think about it. It's only the dumb ones the cops catch.

Yep! I remember as a kid a cop came and talked to our grade school class. He said if criminals were not so stupid 90% of them would be never caught.

Saw this article about how the NSA is costing the nation $$ in sales of fighter jets. Good for Brazil. Don't blame them one bit.

http://rt.com/news/brazil-nsa-defense-contract-454/

The Saab "fighter jet" I used to drive in the 80s. Damn that car was sure a lot of fun for 70-80 HP. Ford V4 engine, very reliable; never was a big hit because Porsche stole the limelight with their 914.

Saab1.jpg

Saab1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews