JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wrote this last week, May 6th, 2015, but the thread is now on page 2 of law threads. Here is the truth.

"I left a message at the Gov's office for her scheduler and she called back and said as soon as the Gov. signs, it is law. She said it has not reached her office yet, and even if it somehow comes in today or tomorrow, odds are it will be signed Monday."

The scheduler called me this morning to tell me there will be a signing ceremony.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/sb-941-date-it-takes-effect.196964/page-2

OK>>>>>>>>>
In a nutshell, what does this bill ACTUALLY DO? :confused:

Does anyone actually know the answer to that question, without inserting "their opinions"?:rolleyes:

I've heard so much counter intelligence, I am confused (as usual, but more so now).:confused::confused::cool:

What do we ACTUALLY have here???????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

If Kevin from OFF can't figger' it out, I give up.

I'm a criminal now, or am going to be soon, no matter what I do................or don't do.................or want to do...........or don't want to do..........or am thinking about doing................or am not thinking about doing............ or ..............

"1984" was just a little late in coming to pass, and this is one of the first steps.............o_O

Ok. Still not clear to me:

So the measure is effective today, and the measure says it will start enforcing background checks on private sales 90 days from today?

Or

the measure is effective, and includes the emergancy clause invalidating the 90 day timer?

Both match the response you got (its the law), just how it is carried out now that it is effective.

Edit: Just went back and re-read section 20. It sure sounds to me that we have 90 days.

Last Edited:
Imagine there are overseas Military men and Women right now who have friends safekeeping weapons for them who might now be criminals with the stoke of that woman's pen today. Asinine!

Ok. Still not clear to me:

So the measure is effective today, and the measure says it will start enforcing background checks on private sales 90 days from today?

Or

the measure is effective, and includes the emergancy clause invalidating the 90 day timer?

Both match the response you got (its the law), just how it is carried out now that it is effective.

Yes, you are correct, or wrong, I'm not sure. But you ARE.:D

The only thing I can IMAGINE is;

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today...............

Bla, Bla, Bla.................:D

We've seen how that song ends...

Governor said this bill is 'ONE STEP to bringing criminals and those the LAW BELIEVES should not have guns from getting them'. She also said it does not interfere with the RTKABA - or something very much like that.

Aww, boy!! Tyranny is going to be very F-ing ugly when it's done with all it's 'STEPS' in controlling guns - ZERO ARMS FOR THE PEOPLE.

From today forward, while residing in Oregon and you sell/trade/give your firearms to anyone without going through an FFL, you're a criminal. This is easiest to prove for those firearms purchased starting today (others you can claim you sold/trade/gave away before today). They just did a backdoor gun registration on Oregonians (yeah, the OSP takes your name and firearm serial number) Now the database starts.

Choices: Comply, Not-comply or move away.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB941

MOVE away. Vote with your feet to the American Redoubt free states of Idaho-Wyoming-Montana. See https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2015/05/11/definition-of-terms-soft-secession-patriot-liberty/

THUMBS DOWN... and have your forefathers rolling and those that fought for your freedom

DO NOT COMPLY

It always amazes me how quickly others are willing to urge people to place themselves in financial and legal turmoil under the guise of "patriotism".

If you think that the "forefathers" made stupid, unnecessary decisions like that and placed themselves in jeopardy standing up to every single BS law publicly, then you need to pick up a real history book and educate yourself.

If YOU want to be the one to lead the charge and be the first found guilty, sentenced, fined etc over this new law then go right ahead. Until then, you have no right to condemn others for their choices.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top