JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a question that popped up yesterday. As a married couple can my wife still use my guns as her carry? I have bought all guns even the ones for her. So I hope to god there is a marriage clause in this BS.

Here is a question that popped up yesterday. As a married couple can my wife still use my guns as her carry? I have bought all guns even the ones for her. So I hope to god there is a marriage clause in this BS.

In the summary, it states:

"Requires private person to complete transfer of firearm by appearing with transferee before gun
dealer to request criminal background check. Specifies exceptions for family members, law enforcement,
inherited firearms and certain temporary transfers."

In Section 2, B,4,c,A (line 36 of page 2) it identifies a transferor's spouse or demestic partner as exempt from subsection 2 (which identifies the need of a bgc).

So you're good to go.

Senator Hass has already let slip that the "family member loophole" is what they'll be working to close next. For now you can read the list of allowed exceptions to the UBC in the text of the bill.

In the summary, it states:

"Requires private person to complete transfer of firearm by appearing with transferee before gun
dealer to request criminal background check. Specifies exceptions for family members, law enforcement,
inherited firearms and certain temporary transfers."

In Section 2, B,4,c,A (line 36 of page 2) it identifies a transferor's spouse or demestic partner as exempt from subsection 2 (which identifies the need of a bgc).

So you're good to go.

Thank you. That is the only good news on this bill I have seen.

Senator Hass has already let slip that the "family member loophole" is what they'll be working to close next. For now you can read the list of allowed exceptions to the UBC in the text of the bill.

DemokkkRats,,,

fe67a218-9caf-4fda-b245-d12dcbc08394_zpsuctwfis2.jpg

Section 23 I believe supersedes all the previous and enacts immediately? Or it can be said the bill enacts immediately according the the provisions in sections 20-23? Not a lawyer but I believe can be read two,different ways.

Governor Brown signed the bill on May 11. The bill becomes law upon signature. Sections 2 and 6 through 10 (those sections describing who you can do a private transfer with and the steps to take for the new FFL-assisted transfers) take effect 90 days later (August 9, 2015). Everything else takes effect immediately.

"You state you are disappointed?":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I say; "NRA, you are disappointing me in your lack of help stopping this roller coaster. You better step up before it's too late."
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad:

Then start a Case to the Supreme Court and they will come to help. That is where they begin on state level issues. When it reaches that point.
How many times.........................................................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad:

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/a-tiny-fraction-of-what-the-nra-really-does.197390/

Do not comply yourself and we will see how it goes. If I see you on the news in cuffs for "taking a stand" I will know I made the right choice.
You want to take a stand read up here on how to do that in a peaceful and productive way. You are telling a man that is organizing many of the things going on to try to stop this that CAN work that the forefathers are rolling...they would be rolling at your loud ignorance if anything.

The police don't have time to chase down two consenting adults who agree to engage in a transaction involving the exchange of money for services or a product.

If they did, there wouldn't be prostitutes.

Our forefathers asked the king for the redress of their grievances; and they got a middle finger from him for their troubles. Is it any different today?

What happens to a guy like me who buys a New C39v2 American AK at Cabelas in Springfield a week from now?
In a couple of years I and my gun collection, (maybe the wife too:eek:) escape Progressive dominated Oregon and end up in a Free State that hasn't been infested yet. Maybe Idaho??:s0092:

Let's say one day in Idaho I decide to trade my C39v2 American AK for a rifle of equal value to a guy I found online, I exchanged info at the time and he was legal to own but have lost his name and all his info.

Within a year I get notified my old C39v2 American AK was involved in a crime/accident whatever and the guy who had it lives in Oregon. The investigator also informs me the ONLY record on the gun is my purchasing it in Springfield OR.!
Investigator starts assuming and asking if I sold the gun to this guy illegally while I was living in Oregon without a Background Check?

Nothing a Lawyer and some money won't cure but why should I have to worry about this kind of crap!

Maybe people are going to stop buying New guns in Oregon to avoid this. I think I will.
Why should I have to hold on to a Bill of sale for the rest of my life because some control freak Progressives rammed through a stupid anti-gun law!:mad:

I'm thinking anyone who plans on retiring out of State or moving someday will not buy another gun in Oregon that they will take with them anyway. It's like the gun is tainted.

Easy fix. Bill of sale from guy in Idaho dated on the day you sold the gun and signed by him. Nothing illegal about selling a gun in another state where it isn't prohibited. Their reach ends at the border.

Easy fix. Bill of sale from guy in Idaho dated on the day you sold the gun and signed by him. Nothing illegal about selling a gun in another state where it isn't prohibited. Their reach ends at the border.
As I said that would require me hanging on to a B.O.S. forever. Hell I'm lucky if I can find my DD214! Birth Cert. is a copy and I doubt if it is legible IF it's where I think it is. My social security card I think I know where it is. Hell what if there is a fire. I'm supposed to hang on to a myriad of scribbled down and faded DL and serial numbers and signatures for an eternity??

These people can pound sand! I'm not buying another new gun in Oregon unless it's from a shop like Gun Runner Arms that has actually done something to stop these control freaks!

I see much here about who will take a chance on testing this and who will and won't comply. I made my intentions clear. I will not comply.

My non-compliance doesn't have to carry a bullhorn and a protest sign. It can be silent, but effective nonetheless.

Just like everyday when I drive through the stop sign at the bottom of my hill or turn against the arrow when there is no traffic is coming, I take my chances on whether at that moment there is going to be a cop ready to arrest me. I don't drive through the intersection after I look both ways honking my horn and flashing my lights, I drive normally and safely on my way.

I already know many people here who plan to do much of the same in their lives. Conjuring scenarios where you sell a gun that gets used in a crime or getting caught up in a "sting of some kind can give you nervous fits; but the likelihood that it will actually happen remains low to nearly non-existent.

I will not line up to register my firearms like the sheep-like firearms owners did in Connecticut.
I will not conduct any background check when I give a gun as a gift (which I often do)
I will not conduct a background check on my friends or family who want to buy/trade something from me in my living room.
I will not deny a gun to a friend who may need one to protect themselves or their family because they didn't go get a background check.

I... Will... Not... Comply....

The police don't have time to chase down two consenting adults who agree to engage in a transaction involving the exchange of money for services or a product.

If they did, there wouldn't be prostitutes.

Our forefathers asked the king for the redress of their grievances; and they got a middle finger from him for their troubles. Is it any different today?

So what do you suggest? We are not dealing with a king in another land. We are dealing with our neighbors.

I see much here about who will take a chance on testing this and who will and won't comply. I made my intentions clear. I will not comply.

My non-compliance doesn't have to carry a bullhorn and a protest sign. It can be silent, but effective nonetheless.

Just like everyday when I drive through the stop sign at the bottom of my hill or turn against the arrow when there is no traffic is coming, I take my chances on whether at that moment there is going to be a cop ready to arrest me. I don't drive through the intersection after I look both ways honking my horn and flashing my lights, I drive normally and safely on my way.

I already know many people here who plan to do much of the same in their lives. Conjuring scenarios where you sell a gun that gets used in a crime or getting caught up in a "sting of some kind can give you nervous fits; but the likelihood that it will actually happen remains low to nearly non-existent.

I will not line up to register my firearms like the sheep-like firearms owners did in Connecticut.
I will not conduct any background check when I give a gun as a gift (which I often do)
I will not conduct a background check on my friends or family who want to buy/trade something from me in my living room.
I will not deny a gun to a friend who may need one to protect themselves or their family because they didn't go get a background check.

I... Will... Not... Comply....

I am not sure I am clear on your plan to comply or not....

Wait wait wait. How can they declare that the Curio is no long valid, when it is an FFL. That's a FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSE. Last I knew Federal law superseded State law. That seems like a Supreme Court Issue in the making. And that's BS

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top