JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The imposition of background checks on private gun transactions could be an infringements of Second Amendment Rights. Hence a good court case might be able to challenge this rule.

Also, the law can be repealed either by a new legislature or by the voters.

We have to decide whether we want to take one of these approaches, or all three.

For starters, we need to see if we there is an opportunity for a recall initiative on one or more legislator who signed this bill.

Secondly we can start to gather the signatures to get a repeal on the ballot. If a strong public campaign were waged, Oregon voters might be swayed to strike a vote for personal freedom. If the emergency provision pre-empts the referendum, then we need to challenge that stupid provision in court.

Thirdly, we have to set up an entrapment situation, and create a plaintiff who can challenge the law as well.

All this would take funding, a careful and intelligent public campaign, and a long term effort. The legislature turns over every other year; there is no reason we have to accept this nonsense.

How about this is a campaign strategy: raise enough funds to buy a few thousand compact handguns. Announce that the handguns will be given for free to any qualified adult woman in Multnomah county who is a registered Democrat. Explain that this is on a first come first serve basis, and it is intended to help women protect themselves. We will, however, not do a background check. Then let the anti-gun lobby explain why it is better for these women to abdicate their Second Amendment rights. This scenario would also make the public aware of how much liberty law abiding citizens lost recently. We might seriously change the perception of gun ownership in the state.

OK>>>>>>>>>
In a nutshell, what does this bill ACTUALLY DO? :confused:

Does anyone actually know the answer to that question, without inserting "their opinions"?:rolleyes:

I've heard so much counter intelligence, I am confused (as usual, but more so now).:confused::confused::cool:

What do we ACTUALLY have here???????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This is the real question, what do we actually have here?????? I don't think any of those that forced this upon us really know themselves. From intel I got from my state representative the law takes effect 90 days after signing as outlined in section 20. Subsequent sections outline provision for the state police to formulate plans for enforcement. I would suggest reading those sections for your own information as I don't do well at figuring interpreting this dung heap. We have numerous sheriffs throughout the state saying they don't have the horsepower to enforce this. Unfortunately, it is the state police that have that task. What will they do and how will they do it and when will they start doing it????? nobody knows. I have heard that one local city police department has an individual tasked with doing the sting thing. Is it for real and how will that come down???? nobody knows. This is a real arsehole deep pile of doo doo we are in and we have the commies to thank for it. I am going to an arms collectors meeting this Friday evening and maybe get some informed intel on the subject. If anything real instead of speculation comes out of that meeting I will pass it on. One thing for sure, those that are getting all haired up and making threats of defying the law and the name calling (above comment "commies") do no real good and put a person in the position of bringing undue scrutiny upon themselves. Keep your eye on the ball folks but don't place yourself in jeopardy needlessly. Let the loose cannons put themselves in the line of fire and stay covered and work on some real ways to combat this unjust law. Boycott Oregon is an excellent example of taking a legal path to have some effect. A pro bono lowyer to challenge this in the court system is another. Unfortunately, right now we are quart low on pro bono lawyers. This was put together by lawyers and lawyers can dismantle it. In the meantime, don't jump up into the line of fire and later on wonder why you have a chest full of holes. Lets do it systematically and with a level head. In the meantime, hang onto your arse and keep your powder dry.

I think Just Jim is working his butt off on this. We just need to get a lot more folks to get involved in some way to express the anger about this stupidity that has been allowed in our state/country. The internet is going to be a big deal for us as he has said. All the quotes of our forefathers here might think about what their forefathers would do differently if they only had to say "OK Google" to find the next town.

Have a feeling that in the future people will wish their guns were not registered, it was that way in Germany.

I think it would be wise to make sure you have some that are not. Nothing illegal about keeping what I had before the law passes. Even though some might have been sold without this they are looking mighty pretty to me now.

If they don't know you have it then they can't come get it. Some guys are going to be having canoe accidents and losing what the had before 941. I am glad I sold most of mine to a friend who recently passed away. He didn't tell me who he sold them to but it was all legal when it was done.

If they don't know you have it then they can't come get it. Some guys are going to be having canoe accidents and losing what the had before 941. I am glad I sold most of mine to a friend who recently passed away. He didn't tell me who he sold them to but it was a legal when it was done.

I am sorry for your loss. I have been upset for a while after a crabbing accident with all mine. Sheesh...one would think taking ALL your guns on a boat to clean them would be a smart way to spend time....Until they get yanked overboard by giant waves and obamacrabs....Has a trademark on them...Also says "do not eat".

Mike was a good guy and heavy into guns, and did a lot of sales privately. I did a lot of selling to other friends that have passed away too. Interesting how much business has been done between old friends. When I go to the happy hunting ground my family doesn't have to register in their name what few I have left. It's all good here.:D

Mike was a good guy and heavy into guns, and did a lot of sales privately. I did a lot of selling to other friends that have passed away too. Interesting how much business has been done between old friends. When I go to the happy hunting ground my family doesn't have to register in their name what few I have left. It's all good here.:D

Yeah I am thinking 90 days.....May be selling a few before that deadline. If they offered a trade I would most definitely go through an FFL....;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top