JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

The best slave is one that enslaves himself, both mentally and physically. No work required by The State.

Ask Floyd. He was nice enough to confirm for me this law makes the C&R FLL useless. After all, he still works for us :rolleyes:. Make him explain it.

[email protected]

Yeah, he owes me a refund on my time and money spent to get my 03 FFL - I never even got the chance to buy a single gun with it. There is still some confusion about whether or not you purchase from an out of state seller shipping directly to you, no BGC - it seems that may still be possible. I'd love to hear someone weigh in on that possibility that has the necessary credentials to make an educated statement about it.

It would be curious to see if a place like AIM Surplus would ship directly to you after this law passed. It's something they'll need to consider in modifying their business model for transactions to Oregon. I'm guessing it will be too confusing for them and they'll likely just require shipping to an 01 FFL. I wish there was someone we could appeal to on this, but I don't know who could stand up for 03 FFL holders in Oregon.

Ask Floyd. He was nice enough to confirm for me this law makes the C&R FLL useless. After all, he still works for us :rolleyes:. Make him explain it.

[email protected]

I just sent him the following email:

Senator Prozanski,

I would like to know where I can go to have the state refund me for my time and money spent on obtaining a Class 03 FFL - a Federal Firearms License for Collectors and Relics. I got my license last year and never even got a chance to use it before your new law failed to make any allowance for 03 FFL holders or CHL holders in Oregon.

Now, since you've taken away my rights, as issued by the Federal Government in the form of a Federal Firearms License, I want to know how and when you are going to reimburse me for the cost of a now completely worthless license?

I'll be awaiting your response. When you're ready, I'll send my address so you can mail me a check.

good, send it every day with a "send request for a reply" "third request" at the top. He eventually answers himself. If his staff member answers, keep sending requesting a personal reply.

I just sent him the following email:

Senator Prozanski,

....... how and when you are going to reimburse me for the cost of a now completely worthless license?
I'll be awaiting your response. When you're ready, I'll send my address so you can mail me a check.

From what I understand, he is staying late at the office (sometimes until 2-3 AM) working on yours and others refunds.:):D:)

I admit that they don't make the law easy to understand, but 10 minutes spent reading SB 941 makes it clear enough. SB 941 "took effect" on 5/11 so it is correct to say that it becomes law immediately. However, per section 20 several of the changes "become operative" 90 days after the "effective" date. Note those two key legal terms, I doubt your faithful news sources pick their new stories for clarity when drama gets more views.

So what "becomes operative" in 89 days? All of section 2 which is the UBC and sections 6-10 which modify existing ORS to stitch the new UBC into place.

So what did become effective as of yesterday?
Section 1 - Gives the bill a name that makes liberals feel good
Section 3 - Makes it look like requiring background checks at a gun show is a new requirement. State police have the option of informing local LEO of background check failures by prohibited persons.
Section 4 - Allows buyers to optionally request a background check through an FFL dealer. State police have the option of informing local LEO of background check failures by prohibited persons.
Section 5 - Allows enforcement of legal duties regarding the background check.
Section 11 - Allows court to remove 2A rights of people in outpatient treatment or some other mental state.
Section 12 - Removes 2A rights if you are having "assisted outpatient treatment"
Section 13 - Removes 2A rights if you are having "assisted outpatient treatment"
Section 14 - Accounts for a reordering of the ORS by section 13
Section 15 - No CHL if you are having "assisted outpatient treatment"
Section 16 - No CHL if you are having "assisted outpatient treatment"
Section 17 - Removes 2A rights if you are having "assisted outpatient treatment"
Section 18 - Removes 2A rights if you are having "assisted outpatient treatment"
Section 19 - Requires state police be informed if you are having "assisted outpatient treatment"
Section 20 - Exempts section 2 and 6-10 for the first 90 days
Section 21 - Allows state police to use the first 90 days to prepare for UBC.
Section 22 - Some legalese relating to the "assisted outpatient treatment" changes
Section 23 - Ensures that the peasants can't meddle in the affairs of state.

To sum it up, unless you are about to apply for or renew your CHL or have dealings with the court on your mental state then nothing has changed yet. Use the next 89 days to buy your handguns, stripped lowers, and C&R's.

Steve M, good summary. It is very clear that the Universal Background check portion of the bill does not take effect until 90 days after the bill is signed, by section 20

And just to clarify:

SECTION 20. Section 2 of this 2015 Act and the amendments to ORS 166.432, 166.433,
166.434, 166.438 and 181.150 by sections 6 to 10 of this 2015 Act become operative 90 days after
the effective date of this 2015 Act.

The referenced Section 2 and 6-10 cover the criminal background check

I think we all need to take 20minutes to read the entire bill so that we are informed and know the laws, regardless of how ridiculous we think they are.

The latest email from OFF states...
"The parts of the bill outlawing the private transfer of guns, storing firearms for friends, neighbors or persons in need of safekeeping, along with the prohibition on providing firearms to persons who are in danger, take effect immediately."
Hopefully Kevin will send out a correction soon. If you contact him as I did he will reply that the alert was in error and that we have 90 days from signing.

Yesterday, we were free and trustworthy citizens. Today, we are neither free nor trusted to conduct ourselves properly.

What a difference 24 hours can make.

I wonder where all this gradual tightening of gun laws is headed?

Hopefully Kevin will send out a correction soon. If you contact him as I did he will reply that the alert was in error and that we have 90 days from signing.

OFF just sent out the correction

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

Yesterday's alert about the signing of SB 941 incorrectly stated that the provisions outlawing the private transfer of firearms, or the storing or loaning of firearms took effect immediately.

This is not correct.

Section 20 of the bill states:

SECTION 20. Section 2 of this 2015 Act and the amendments to ORS 166.432, 166.433, 166.434, 166.438 and 181.150 by sections 6 to 10 of this 2015 Act become operative 90 days after the effective date of this 2015 Act.
Section 2, referenced above, is the section outlawing private transfers. So the gun ban portions of the bill will take effect 90 days after yesterday.

As you know there are recalls underway for three of the people who helped pass this attack your rights. There will be more in the future. Please do all you can to support these efforts.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Just spoke with Stephanie, Oregon State Police Firearms Check unit
(503) 378-3070. The unit that handles the CCH on firearms transfers, (if she doesn't know, nobody will) Short and sweet, she said it's .......NINETY DAYS o_O

Just spoke with Kermit in that OSP unit again, they are getting inundated with calls. I suggested they put a one liner out on their public webpage to confirm this. It's being worked on as I text this. When I get the call back from them as to where to find the OSP statement, I will edit this post HERE>>>>>>>>

View attachment 237798
1.jpg
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

Yesterday's alert about the signing of SB 941 incorrectly stated that the provisions outlawing the private transfer of firearms, or the storing or loaning of firearms took effect immediately.

This is not correct.

Section 20 of the bill states:

SECTION 20. Section 2 of this 2015 Act and the amendments to ORS 166.432, 166.433, 166.434, 166.438 and 181.150 by sections 6 to 10 of this 2015 Act become operative 90 days after the effective date of this 2015 Act.
Section 2, referenced above, is the section outlawing private transfers. So the gun ban portions of the bill will take effect 90 days after yesterday.

As you know there are recalls underway for three of the people who helped pass this attack your rights. There will be more in the future. Please do all you can to support these efforts.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Oregon Firearms Federation | Box 556 | Canby | OR | 97013
S.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show