JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The latest email from OFF states...
"The parts of the bill outlawing the private transfer of guns, storing firearms for friends, neighbors or persons in need of safekeeping, along with the prohibition on providing firearms to persons who are in danger, take effect immediately."

OK>>>>>>>>>
In a nutshell, what does this bill ACTUALLY DO? :confused:

Does anyone actually know the answer to that question, without inserting "their opinions"?:rolleyes:

I've heard so much counter intelligence, I am confused (as usual, but more so now).:confused::confused::cool:

What do we ACTUALLY have here???????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Governor said this bill is 'ONE STEP to bringing criminals and those the LAW BELIEVES should not have guns from getting them'. She also said it does not interfere with the RTKABA - or something very much like that.

Aww, boy!! Tyranny is going to be very F-ing ugly when it's done with all it's 'STEPS' in controlling guns - ZERO ARMS FOR THE PEOPLE.

From today forward, while residing in Oregon and you sell/trade/give your firearms to anyone without going through an FFL, you're a criminal. This is easiest to prove for those firearms purchased starting today (others you can claim you sold/trade/gave away before today). They just did a backdoor gun registration on Oregonians (yeah, the OSP takes your name and firearm serial number) Now the database starts.

Choices: Comply, Not-comply or move away.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB941

I better back up on that Its in the Senate bill but I didn't look in the house bill.

From the Senate bill
SECTION 10. ORS 181.150 is amended to read:181.150. (1) The State of Oregon shall provide the members of the state police with emergency outfits, weapons and motor vehicles and all other emergency and first-aid supplies and equipment necessary to carry out the public safety functions of the Department of State Police.

Last Edited:
OK>>>>>>>>>
In a nutshell, what does this bill ACTUALLY DO? :confused:

Does anyone actually know the answer to that question, without inserting "their opinions"?:rolleyes:

I've heard so much counter intelligence, I am confused (as usual, but more so now).:confused::confused::cool:

What do we ACTUALLY have here???????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

In a nutshell it was designed to get all guns and gun owners registered so they know who has what. Included in the design was you to pay your money to make registration happen. One more nail in the coffin.o_O

What happens to a guy like me who buys a New C39v2 American AK at Cabelas in Springfield a week from now?
In a couple of years I and my gun collection, (maybe the wife too:eek:) escape Progressive dominated Oregon and end up in a Free State that hasn't been infested yet. Maybe Idaho??:s0092:

Let's say one day in Idaho I decide to trade my C39v2 American AK for a rifle of equal value to a guy I found online, I exchanged info at the time and he was legal to own but have lost his name and all his info.

Within a year I get notified my old C39v2 American AK was involved in a crime/accident whatever and the guy who had it lives in Oregon. The investigator also informs me the ONLY record on the gun is my purchasing it in Springfield OR.!
Investigator starts assuming and asking if I sold the gun to this guy illegally while I was living in Oregon without a Background Check?

Nothing a Lawyer and some money won't cure but why should I have to worry about this kind of crap!

Maybe people are going to stop buying New guns in Oregon to avoid this. I think I will.
Why should I have to hold on to a Bill of sale for the rest of my life because some control freak Progressives rammed through a stupid anti-gun law!:mad:

I'm thinking anyone who plans on retiring out of State or moving someday will not buy another gun in Oregon that they will take with them anyway. It's like the gun is tainted.

What happens to a guy like me who buys a New C39v2 American AK at Cabelas in Springfield a week from now?
In a couple of years I and my gun collection, (maybe the wife too:eek:) escape Progressive dominated Oregon and end up in a Free State that hasn't been infested yet. Maybe Idaho??:s0092:

Let's say one day in Idaho I decide to trade my C39v2 American AK for a rifle of equal value to a guy I found online, I exchanged info at the time and he was legal to own but have lost his name and all his info.

Within a year I get notified my old C39v2 American AK was involved in a crime/accident whatever and the guy who had it lives in Oregon. The investigator also informs me the ONLY record on the gun is my purchasing it in Springfield OR.!
Investigator starts assuming and asking if I sold the gun to this guy illegally while I was living in Oregon without a Background Check?

Nothing a Lawyer and some money won't cure but why should I have to worry about this kind of crap!

Maybe people are going to stop buying New guns in Oregon to avoid this. I think I will.
Why should I have to hold on to a Bill of sale for the rest of my life because some control freak Progressives rammed through a stupid anti-gun law!:mad:

I'm thinking anyone who plans on retiring out of State or moving someday will not buy another gun in Oregon that they will take with them anyway. It's like the gun is tainted.

Yes I plan on buying a rifle....thinking if I can in Idaho I might do that. I will buy new as I am not going to get rid of that one. It will stay with me unless the law changes. Otherwise no new guns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top