JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have any thoughts about how to be able to prove later on that you owned your banned weapon before the ban takes effect?

Many of mine were bought from individuals with no paperwork when I lived in Texas. Some of mine date back to the 1980's and I don't have a sales receipt.

I guess gun shops could do dated appraisals with SN's in the coming days but that sounds like a lot of work to drag them all out and some cost.

Any other ideas?

In spite of what the Dems and Libs did to Kavanaugh.......

It's the Govt's job/burden to PROVE that you're guilty.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........don't forget.

1678423699454.png

In spite of what the Dems and Libs did to Kavanaugh.......

It's the Govt's job/burden to PROVE that you're guilty.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........don't forget.

View attachment 1380622
Agreed - this whole "affirmative defense" thing the left has been pushing won't stand up in court, the only problem is that the left push so many unconstitutional pieces of crap legislations that the courts can't swat them down in a timely manner fast enough, it's also by design.

• An affirmative defense is a justification for the defendant having committed the accused crime. It differs from other defenses because the defendant admits that he did, in fact, break the law. He is simply arguing that he has a good reason for having done so, and therefore should be excused from all criminal liability.

I ain't admitting anyting.

Aloha, Mark

If you really want to comply with this crap, time stamped pictures of firearms and associated serial numbers clear in the pics maybe. But I say "screw 'em" - I'd get a good lawyer on call just in case so you and your heirs are good to go

Anyone have any thoughts about how to be able to prove later on that you owned your banned weapon before the ban takes effect?

Many of mine were bought from individuals with no paperwork when I lived in Texas. Some of mine date back to the 1980's and I don't have a sales receipt.

I guess gun shops could do dated appraisals with SN's in the coming days but that sounds like a lot of work to drag them all out and some cost.

Any other ideas?
Just go back and read the threads on Oregon mag ban. It's page after page of solutions about how to prove ownership before a certain date. All of it will be duplicated here I'm sure. And every second or third response will be "but that can be faked by doing x...".

For example this thread:

Myself I took photos with solocator app (built in time stamp not just exif) and emailed them to myself (time stamp), and uploaded them to google drive (time stamp). I just ignore the poeple who say "but that can be faked". Its not about if it can be faked (pretty much anything can), it's about do you have evidence if needed. And if you can prepare that evidence so easily for yourself, why not? If I ever need the info I can show I made a thorough effort to document proof of ownership before to the effective date. Probably will never need it but it was worth the $1 app and 20 minutes of time for peace of mind to me. Everybody can do what they want.

Last Edited:
I don't have electronic records of my stuff and idgaf if they don't like that my grandfathers shotgun isn't 'registered' in my name. It was given to me by my dad and that's good enough for me.

I'm just going to wait till this BS is reversed and buy guns then. I don't have the cash stream to do it now and if it is never reversed then I guess I got what I got.

Myself I took photos with solocator app (built in time stamp not just exif) and emailed them to myself (time stamp), and uploaded them to google drive (time stamp). I just ignore the poeple who say "but that can be faked". Its not about if it can be faked (pretty much anything can), it's about do you have evidence if needed. And if you can prepare that evidence so easily for yourself, why not? If I ever need the info I can show I made a thorough effort to document proof of ownership before to the effective date. Probably will never need it but it was worth the $1 app and 20 minutes of time for peace of mind to me. Everybody can do what they want.
Another way to look at that... you just documented everything you own, made them traceable and made it electronically accessible to the authorities... if or when registries become mandatory... and if or when confiscations become the order of the day.

IOW, created a papertrail where none previously existed (with the exception of those purchased on a 4473) and wasn't required.

"Private is private".. until you put it on paper or tell someone.

Just sayin....

Another way to look at that... you just documented everything you own, made them traceable and made it electronically accessible to the authorities... if or when registries become mandatory... and if or when confiscations become the order of the day.

IOW, created a papertrail where none previously existed and wasn't required.

"Private is private".. until you put it on paper or tell someone.

Just sayin....
No I did not. Not in the slightest. No person but myself sees those mag photos or has access to those photos. I may choose to use them if I ever need to but 99% chance they will just sit there never to be seen or used again by me.

No I did not. Not in the slightest. No person but myself sees those mag photos or has access to those photos. I may choose to use them if I ever need to.
Ummm... you used an electronic app to send them electronically to yourself and store them electronically on a remote companies server. Aside from the servers of the app company, the email client you use and googledrive servers, all that info passed through countless other servers of which will have had various levels of security, logging, or even sniffers for data mining. Let's just forget that you also used an electronic device to actually take the photos, of which may have the potential of being recovered even if you deleted them.

I hate to break it to you, but yes... you most certainly did. ;)

Ummm... you used an electronic app to send them electronically to yourself and store them electronically on a remote companies server. Aside from the servers of the app company, the email client you use and googledrive servers, all that info passed through countless other servers of which will have had various levels of security, logging, or even sniffers for data mining. Let's just forget that you also used an electronic device to actually take the photos, of which may have the potential of being recovered even if you deleted them.

I hate to break it to you, but yes... you most certainly did. ;)
Man didn't know you were that paranoid. Secret agents are watching what you are typing now as we speak. Go run and hide. I don't believe any of that BS sorry. You really think soemone is going to be scouring personal emails for photos of magazines? Sorry but that's ridiculous.

Man didn't know you were that paranoid. Secret agents are watching what you are typing now as we speak. Go run and hide. I don't believe any of that BS sorry. You really think soemone is going to be scouring personal emails for photos of magazines? Sorry but that's ridiculous.
:s0140: Have you never heard of a data leak? A breech? What about a subpoena?

You're aware of course that something like googledrive (virtual hard drives) have redundancies... IE., raid servers where copies of your files exist on multiple drives and even multiple servers... as well as backup raid systems. Drives fail and the shared drives serve to step in to ensure reliability of the system.

It's not paranoia, it's just a simple fact that once anything is transmitted electronically you loose all proprietary control over it.

Regardless of the liklihood of it being used against you or not... the point I made was that you created a data/papertrail of everything you own when none may have existed before. That's is completely valid. You did.

Kinda like trying to keep a secret get's exponentially more difficult with each person you tell.

:s0140: Have you never heard of a data leak? A breech? What about a subpoena?

You're aware of course that something like googledrive (virtual hard drives) have redundancies... IE., raid servers where copies of your files exist on multiple drives and even multiple servers... as well as backup raid systems. Drives fail and the shared drives serve to step in to ensure reliability of the system.

It's not paranoia, it's just a simple fact that once anything is transmitted electronically you loose all proprietary control over it.

Regardless of the liklihood of it being used against you or not... the point I made was that you created a data/papertrail of everything you own when none may have existed before. That's is completely valid. You did.

Kinda like trying to keep a secret get's exponentially more difficult with each person you tell.
This is a ridiculous argument and a waste of time. No I am not worried about someone trying to hack my email to steal photos of magazines. I will engage in no more discussion on this topic. It's a waste of time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top