JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This year? 130 on my "slightly" modified Harley, had to let up due to approaching corner. Harley's aren't known for cornering-LOL. Four wheels was as a passenger in high school-155 in a camero.

In a car that I personally own its my current ride; a V8 powered Audi S5, which I got up to 178 Mph.
In someone else's ride? A good friends 2010 BMW M5 V10. I have been in the passenger seat at 204 Mph. This was on public roads in both cases (Interstate) during very low traffic conditions.

1) It took us over 2,000 years to pave the planet, and now they won't let us have any fun with it!:mad:
2) Stop Lights that are timed for 35 Mph are also timed for 70!

Stay Frosty

John F
Atlanta, GA.

I used to get the Bugatti Veron up over 250 all the time...

on Forza):D
9C893FF7-8D40-4D57-8C55-28539DA76D59-2671-000003B6FC9F90E3_tmp.jpg

Recently I went, let's just say, above 120 in my personal vehicle. It's governed at 144.

In the past, I drove my BIL's Z06 (with lots of mods) to about 160 on I25 North past Thornton, CO.

View attachment 411329 Last I looked it said 185 and still pulling. I eased off the throttle at that point. My body should not be traveling through space and time that fast.
I was court ordered to sell my bike after this round of tickets. Just puttin along at 143, the OSP trooper said it took 7 minutes to catch up to me in his under-cover gold minivan.
I'm truly amazed I survived my youth sometimes.
Winner!!!

Well, a couple interesting points of data:
  • Burried the speedo at about 85-90 in an '81 Ford LTD Station Wagon, THEN went into overdrive and kept going...
  • Had a '75 VW bug up to a little over 90 with 12 people in it. (No, not a VW Bus, a bug, aka beetle)
  • Ran a Chrysler Laser Turbo up to a bit over 120
  • Cruised for a while in a '93 Dodge Stealth at about 140

160 on 4 wheels, my brothers '73 Cuda (I wasn't driving) 120 on 2 through a residential neighborhood on accident. It was my buddies bike that he wanted me to take to my house for safe keeping while he went on vacation...After that I told myself Id NEVER own a crotch rocket. I had no idea till I actually looked at the speedo and thought "oh bubblegum......"

I once got my 74 Ford Pinto up to 93 MPH. Downhill, with three other guys in it with me. I thought the thing was going to fly apart.

But the fastest was 180+ in a Ford GT. I was the passenger.
It's somewhat surprising how little difference there is between 120 and 180: the phone poles just go by quicker.

I often get that question. Standard answer is "not sure, but did 100 miles in an hour once". True story, was driving south from Yellowknife and our Alberta dinner stop was closing soon :)

What kind of vehicle?

Bicycle a little over 50mph (down hill on a 1975 Motobecane Grand Record with a 113" high gear)
Mini Bike clocked at 45mph by Marion county Sheriff (Lil' Indian 3.5HP B&S I think I was 13 weighed maybe 120lbs)
Motorcycle 105MPH (1975 KZ-400s) Lets just say any faster and it wouldn't have been on the ground any more)
Willys Jeep 80 mph (stock drive train paced by a brand new Honda 750 4 yes it sounded like it was a dive bomber about to explode)
Automobile 145mph (67 Chevelle Malibu 400HP 327 4.11's)
School Bus 68mph (delivering a new Blue Bird All American for a dealership)
Dump Truck 75mph (well according to that damn electronic tattle tail on the dash any way)
Airplane (as the pilot) 120mph (Cherokee 140 during flight training)

278MPH on the Bonneville Salt Flats. 430CID hemi, nitromethane, Lakester. See Avatar
256MPH, same place, my own car. 482CID Cadillac, alcohol, streamliner
216MPH, BSF again, 347 Ford with a Procharger, Factory Five Daytona Coupe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top