JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Want to drive fast?

the Florida Region (Ferrari Club of America) returns to

Daytona for the Rolex 24

Join the Florida Region for a special FCA members-only VIP hospitality and track package for the Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway! The festivities begin January 25, but the race itself begins on Saturday afternoon, January 27, and ends on Sunday afternoon.

We offer you the exclusive opportunity to drive your Ferrari, or non-Ferrari, on this famous high-bank 3.5-mile road course on Monday, January 29, the day after the Rolex 24! There will be run groups for novice, intermediate, and advanced, with special sessions for spouses, and lunchtime track touring. Instructors will be available for each group. Packages are limited and based on availability for members and one guest. You must register by December 1.

u Rolex 24 daily access, Champions Club, and track

on Monday: $1100 p/p

u Same package but without track: $600 p/p

u Monday track only: $500 p/driver

The Champion's Club is the only place to be on race day! Take in the spectacular views from the infield overlooking Victory Lane and the start/finish line while enjoying breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, Sunday brunch, garage access and infield parking Thursday through Sunday, driver appearances, an event program and much more!

Who didn't have that happen.. lol.

Without getting into all kinds of schematic details, the window above the couch looked out on front driveway, and gave good warning MOST of the time. There was a reason for that choice. Long driveway, so had up a minute or two to be presentable. Winter time thing when the barn was too cold.

105 mph, then I shifted in to 4th gear. 1967 Chevy Impala SS, 396 balanced and blueprinted, aluminum heads with solid lifters and aluminum rods and pistons. 850 cfm dual feed double pumper Holley on a Edelbrock high rise. 7000+ rpm in a big block is fun. Dyno'd at 520 true hp. I don't remember the gear ratio, but I could get scratch in all four gears. Top speed around 150 mph, but never tested.
130 mph on 1978 Harley Superglide. Tough to look at the speedometer at that speed without any wind protection. Industrial Way, Longview Washington headed West after last stoplight - ran out of room to stop and ended up on gravel road.

Well I will be damned. Where was this precious tidbit of journalistic brilliance when I was trying to explain to O Malley one time that his radar was wrong, and that my 67 Mustang GT with a 390 was not capable of the 104 he alleges I was doing.
We bought a 67', 390 GTA new. Took it to Las Vegas from Long Beach CA, 110 mph it was all over the road, scary, wife loved that car, I hated it!

We bought a 67', 390 GTA new. Took it to Las Vegas from Long Beach CA, 110 mph it was all over the road, scary, wife loved that car, I hated it!

Mine was like that as well. I did the old redneck suspension modification and clamped the front springs down on ring and that seemed to help a bit. I had that car as a senior in high school and the last day I roasted the tires a good 500 feet right past the principles office. Carried my shotgun, 30-30 and fishing poles in it every day.

back about 15 years ago, I had a KAWASAKI ZX12R one time took it up to 190 MPH indicated...
only did it one time just to see if it would. A few years later , sold it to a dealership in Portland.

Tires make all the difference in the world. You probably had bias ply tires, not true performance tires. When I changed tires on my 1967 Impala to H rated radials (1980s), it rode smooth, straight and fast.

Got side by side with an Audi R8 last week. On a freeway. West of here. Doing about 65 or so. Pulled down into 3rd and went for broke. Of course he beat me, but it wasn't a complete blowout. And when I hit 6th I couldn't chance taking my eyes off the road.

So who knows?

His looked like this:

Audi.jpg

Mine looks like this:

WRX.png

Yup, he beat me all the way around! :D

Last Edited:
About 145 in my '95 Z28 LT1 Camaro. Coming through Yreka, down the long hill and onto the flats headed out to Weed. It's 4 lanes divided, level and straight as an arrow. It's 3 am and I suddenly see a couple pinpoints on an on ramp in the distance behind me. I carefully lifted the throttle and just let it coast down to 55. The CHP catches up quickly and pulls me over.

"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?", he asks.

I wanted to say "No, and neither do you", but "About the speed limit", I replied, which was true by the time he got within a 1/2 mile of me.

"Well, you were going a lot faster than that when you passed me 4 miles back. Hold it down and drive safely.", he says, and walks back to his car. I was sure I was going to be completely screwed when he pulled me over. I got lucky.

Tires make all the difference in the world. You probably had bias ply tires, not true performance tires. When I changed tires on my 1967 Impala to H rated radials (1980s), it rode smooth, straight and fast.
Stock tires were F70 Firestone wide ovals. back ones lasted my wife 7K miles. I replace all 4 with steel belted tires. No improvement,

Mine was like that as well. I did the old redneck suspension modification and clamped the front springs down on ring and that seemed to help a bit. I had that car as a senior in high school and the last day I roasted the tires a good 500 feet right past the principles office. Carried my shotgun, 30-30 and fishing poles in it every day.
1972, out of the Navy and Back in PGX, I borrowed the car one Sat. to go get a hair cut... returned home with a 72' Torino Cleveland. Almost was divorced on the spot.

Got side by side with an Audi R8 last week. On a freeway. West of here. Doing about 65 or so. Pulled down into 3rd and went for broke. Of course he beat me, but it wasn't a complete blowout. And when I hit 6th I couldn't chance taking my eyes off the road.

So who knows?

His looked like this:

View attachment 417875

Mine looks like this:

View attachment 417876

Yup, he beat me all the way around! :D
Typical WRX driver...lol
I used to get picked on by you guys when I was driving around in my Porsche 996tt...but like the eagle being strafed by a bluejay, I just shrugged it off :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews