JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
98 MPH in my Allison bass boat on the Columbia with a very modified 225 pro max 6 cyl merc on the back.

BvJWJs.jpg

Big time pucker factor in a boat. I was crewing on a drag boat back in 79 -80. We were running a Kona hull with a dual quad 454, then one of the other guys decided we need to put a huffer on it.

Myself and another guy took it out for a test run down at Red Bluff, I drilled it pretty good, caught a bit of chop, picked the front of the boat up to about a 45 degree angle and about sh*t my shorts. One of the other guys on shore with a radar gun had us at 113 right at take off / rotation point. Got off it, brought the bow down, drilled it again to keep from burying the bow in the water and then got off it completely and idled in.

Amazing how fast a boat hull can turn into a wing and want to fly. That was my last time doing a test run, I was more than content to turn wrenches and admire the scenery after that.

I believe that anything over 100 is a C felony reckless driving and an automatic trip to jail in Oregon now too. Good thing that law was not around 35-40 years ago.

But then again they used to publish your name, ticket and cost in the newspaper back in my day. Excessive noise ( tires / exhaust), conducting a speed contest, careless driving ( catch all category) were all some of the ones my name went in print for.

Big time pucker factor in a boat. I was crewing on a drag boat back in 79 -80. We were running a Kona hull with a dual quad 454, then one of the other guys decided we need to put a huffer on it.

Myself and another guy took it out for a test run down at Red Bluff, I drilled it pretty good, caught a bit of chop, picked the front of the boat up to about a 45 degree angle and about sh*t my shorts. One of the other guys on shore with a radar gun had us at 113 right at take off / rotation point. Got off it, brought the bow down, drilled it again to keep from burying the bow in the water and then got off it completely and idled in.

Amazing how fast a boat hull can turn into a wing and want to fly. That was my last time doing a test run, I was more than content to turn wrenches and admire the scenery after that.

Yeah. 100 MPH in a boat is like 180 MPH on land.

Or your friend..on a closed course...in Germany...of course;)

130 in my 01' Corvette
160 on a 05' GSX-R1000 I used to own.

On a track, not the street:rolleyes:

I've had many "superbikes," but the highest number on a speedo I've ever seen was aboard my little 2004 Kawasaki 636 - 174 mph. I have yet to stretch the legs on a recently acquired 2006 CBR1000RR. My bucket list includes hopefully breaking the 200 mph mark.
636 WFO.jpg

140+ in my 02' Z06 then shifted into 6th and slowed down...
129 in my 64' Falcon with certified speedometer
5 mph (needle on 2nd time around) in my friends 67' Camero...

Went 189 on the autobahn in a much nodded 89 Mustang GT, got passed by a Lamborghini LM400 like we were standing still. Got my Alfa Romeo up to 145 on I 25 west of Devide Co, and my 70 Challenger 440 6 speed up to 160+ on the same stretch. Wife got her 68 Cougar 390 auto up to 145+, again, s me stretch!
Did mach 2 in a F-4S back in 1999 at 35000 feet, got Airman of the quarter again, and got to ride the back seat! Also did an F-15E and a F-16C for same, cool as heck, but nothing could match the thrill of that Phantom!:)

Got to ride in an Indy Pace Car on the Indianapolis 500 track a couple of weeks before the race. It was fast. The professional driver had to back off a bit in the corners because the car had standard tires on it and he didn't want to roll them off the rims in the corner.

160 in my Porsche 996tt and 155 on my CBR600. In both cases it was surprisingly easy and not at all uncomfortable.

145. My 2003 WRX down I-5 towards Eugene while late for a wedding rehearsal.
135. Driving my buddies 2006 RX-8.. those hit 135 and get sluggish.

Last Edited:
Better than being in the front room on the couch getting the old heave ho and have them come home. That happened to a friend of mine. :rolleyes:

I was a serial getting caught with someones daughter in the act guy. One guy chased me down and shot my tires out after I ran out the back door wehen he got home. Beat the bubblegum out of me too after dragging me out of the car widow. Only it wasnt me. He chased down the wrong car.

I've used the head on a sailboat during the Baja Haha Race, and the bathroom on a motor home at highway speed,
but the fastest I've ever gone is while using the head of a commercial airliner.

Huh, what?...ohhh....never mind :oops:

Same here Albin. I used to travel a lot, and during a couple dozen 10-14 hour flights to Hong Kong, Australia, Guam and Japan, I was forced to drop an occasional chalupa at 500kt and 35,000 MSL (despite altering my dietary and restroom habits for days prior to avoid just that). Public restrooms of ANY size disgust me profoundly, and there's invariably a righteous babe standing there waiting when I come out feeling almost compelled to apologize, or warn her, or something.

Once in Okinawa, I shared a cab from White Beach to Kadena on a bad unlit road through miles of cane fields. Despite repeated warnings to the driver to slow the f__ down, the taxi actually bottomed out and then got some air off a sharp rise with a drop-off. We were probably doing just 50 (the speedo said 80+kmh). Not cool with 4 occupants in a really beat up little Mazda. Immediate angry threats of physical violence finally brought Mario under control for the rest of the ride. And zero tip. We did pay him, though, because I don't dig jail anywhere, even in English speaking countries.

I'm guessing most of us here can recall at least one ride that could've/should've gone way wrong. We can warn our kids of all ages... but will they listen?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top