JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Surprising how many guys here have been to PIR, and/or the ridge. I have seen a speedo max out at 186 and kept going. My first track day was 17 years ago, so I have a lot of time on track.

The video below is at the Ridge, onboard a 182rwhp BMW S1000RR that easily hits 170mph + on the front straight, every lap.

I also have owned a 600rwhp 2k pound Nissan race car, and a 250rwhp turbocharged, intercooled Suzuki GSXR1000. I have neither of those now, but they both saw pretty high speeds.

I have crashed on the track so many times that I lost count. Highest speed was coming out of turn 2 at PIR at about 100mph. That one hurt.

Driving was a clients 96 Mustang Cobra about 137. Went by a Maryland State trooper on a traffic stop, just kept the hammer down and kept going.

Riding was 178 in a Petty Nascar at Charlotte Speedway. Close second was a friends 72 Plymouth Fury at 140.

Bullsh*t . Unless it was a modifed V 8 Vega. :eek:

Cosworth 4 cylinder Vegas would top out in the low 120's. The L-11 silicon lined bore 4 cylinder engines in the early GT's you could do 105-108 if you were going downhill. That is until the silicon lined bore scuffed. Then you were SOL.

The guy who is my shop foreman at work bought the 700 HP 496 I used to have in my '70 Camaro and is putting it in his 72 Vega wagon.

Don't rightly remember as my memory is real hazy, but it was real fast there and back.

f0c36fc1096e9d754fb3d09192e44da0--aliens-and-ufos-ancient-aliens.jpg

7683007A-943A-4F16-B84F-8F22F7D8FC1C.jpeg Last I looked it said 185 and still pulling. I eased off the throttle at that point. My body should not be traveling through space and time that fast.
I was court ordered to sell my bike after this round of tickets. Just puttin along at 143, the OSP trooper said it took 7 minutes to catch up to me in his under-cover gold minivan.
I'm truly amazed I survived my youth sometimes.

145 in a 1969 Corvette Stingray in Nevada with bias ply tires and drum brakes. That was exciting.
110 on a KTM 950 Adventure, Continental TKC80 knobby tires. Saw a guy do 135 on the same bike on a gravel road in eastern Oregon. I'm too much of a chicken for that one.
Cleared the top of Sutherlin hill at 110 in a Dodge diesel pickup with a 10' section of crane lattice boom in the back. I-5 was closed both directions due to accidents :)

That was a fun stretch of freeway with nobody else on it.

~150 on my bike, on an open public road, legally, not in Germany.

I do want to add that this is a digital read out, so a true speed, the older and/or cheaper the vehicle (quality) the more likely the indicated speed is out, so a displayed 145 in a '69 American vehicle is going to be waaaay off ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top