JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somewhere around 50MPH, on a loaded touring bicycle. Downhill run in Romania.

A memorable car ride:

'68 Dodge Coronet (think superbee, with 4 doors). Took it out on rt 9 (Boston Metro) after work one night to "cool off" after a shift.

Passed a moving Massachusetts State Trooper in a MARKED CRUISER Dohhhh!

Memorable in that:

a. I promptly slowed & pulled over before he even lit up.

b. He asked me if I had any Frakin' idea how much this ticket will cost (my response-"semester tuition, Sir".).

c. He let me off with a written warning, which he even wrote up incorrectly as doing 55 in a 65.

Still have that warning somewheres.

Proof that G*d does in fact watch over folk whom are acting the fool!

-he could have easily bumped it up to driving to endanger, oh my gosh that alone, let alone not being able to pay tuition could have severely turned my career!

Last Edited:
WAY BACK in the late 80's..... buried speedo (>260KPH = >160MPH) in a Mercedes 500SEL on the German Autobahn, 145MPH in a suped-up Mazda RX7 on the German Autobahn, back in the mid-90's 120MPH on a Kawasaki KZ1000 across the Ross Island bridge..... watch that center-span apex!! :s0001:

.....I'll just leave it at Hayabusa fast...:s0168:

db112a44f3cd0917376f011ae150d3d5.jpg

Last Edited:
110mph in our new '77 Plymouth Arrow GT, after break-in, coming down from the Uinta Mountains just outside of Evenston Wy. WHP Clocked me at 92 and 89. :oops: Lucky they let us pay the fine in town. They weren't going to let us go with a ticket being as we lived in Ut.

120 on one of the early models of the Honda Gold Wing. I was working at the Hona shop and did it on a short stretch of hwy 89 in Bountiful Ut.

I never was much for going fast, always preferred going "Rough". (off road)

About 120mph sustained for about 20 minutes traveling to Las Vegas. My brother rented a former Police Cruiser that had been revamped and returned to civilian life as nice low cost rental car. In this case it was an older rear wheel drive Chevy Impala. 454 engine if memory serves. Years and years ago.

About 580-600mph in a commercial airliner. About 150 knots in a B17. About 300 knots in the rear seat of a kinda two seat P51 Mustang. Cavalier if memory serves. Mojave CA air show about in 1975 or so. Hot, smelly, noisy and ... FAST! Best bucks I ever spent. Also got to shake Yeager and Hoovers hands.

140+ on a VFR 750 on the Autobahn. The tank was on fumes so i had to back it down and head back. You don't want to run out of fuel on the Autobahn. Not sure that thing could have gone much faster at the time. This was back around 86'. I've been over 600mph at 40,000 feet though (courtesy of Delta).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top