JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not on the grill, but this morning's brekkie was outta this world...

3-egg omelette with chopped, sautéed, Walla Walla sweet onions; roasted Anaheim chili pepper; cheddar cheese; and all slathered in sour cream and cantina salsa! I paired it with a coupla sausage links and 9-grain toast. Of course, a glass of OJ and a cuppa did surely complete the repast...

The Anaheim chili, topped and gutted...
Omelette04.1.JPG

Under way, with the sautéed onions and pepper installed...
Omelette04.2.JPG

Time to add the cheddar cheese...
Omelette04.3.JPG

The critical fold...
Omelette04.4.JPG

...and the even more crucial flip!
Omelette04.5.JPG

And brekkie is served!
Omelette04.6.jpg

Delizioso!
Delizioso.JPG

Last Edited:

3-egg omelette with chopped, sautéed, Walla Walla sweet onions; roasted Anaheim chili pepper; cheddar cheese; and all slathered in sour cream and cantina salsa! I paired it with a coupla sausage links and 9-grain toast. Of course, a glass of OJ and a cuppa did surely complete the repast...

View attachment 1262885

View attachment 1262888

View attachment 1262889

The critical fold...
View attachment 1262890

View attachment 1262891

And brekkie is served!
View attachment 1262892

Delizioso!
View attachment 1262894
You know omelets are supposed to be yellow, maybe a little golden?

You know omelets are supposed to be yellow, maybe a little golden?
Cooking the eggs in the same pan in which the butter and onions are sautéed without cleaning it out makes the omelette come out a little darker.
I will still eat it, since it's not crispy in the least and I'm not a stickler for extreme haute cuisine preparation and presentation.
You make yours how. ev. er. you. want...

Last Edited:
Cooking the eggs in the same pan in which the butter and onions are sautéed without cleaning it out makes the omelette come out a little darker.
I will still eat it, since it's not crispy in the least and I'm not a stickler for extreme haute cuisine preparation and presentation.
You make yours how. ev. er. you. want...
Looks like it'll eat to me! Good description of the grub and prep, but what's the dollop of stuff north of the sausage links? Grits? Cream of wheat? Can't tell.

Looks like it'll eat to me!
Thank you, kind sir! Much appreciated. Seems "certain members" of the crowd around here are damned hard to please...
Good description of the grub and prep, but what's the dollop of stuff north of the sausage links? Grits? Cream of wheat? Can't tell.
Extra hot grated horseradish! You can see the jar on the trivet, hiding behind the sour cream.

View attachment 1262885

View attachment 1262888

View attachment 1262889

The critical fold...
View attachment 1262890

View attachment 1262891

And brekkie is served!
View attachment 1262892

Delizioso!
View attachment 1262894
Oh my! Have you tried the poblano peppers? I found they have much more flavor than anaheim and their own little bite. The skins aren't so tough and they can be used without roasting/peeling first. They can be easier to roast to because of thicker meat and easier to get with flats sides.

Oh my! Have you tried the poblano peppers? I found they have much more flavor than anaheim and their own little bite. The skins aren't so tough and they can be used without roasting/peeling first. They can be easier to roast to because of thicker meat and easier to get with flats sides.
I do indeed know about poblano peppers, but I did not have access to those for this creation. My buddy Phil was out and about and saw some guy roasting peppers out front of a local Safeway. He's always on a search for peppers for his culinary creations, so he bought a bunch, and he dropped some off with me as a favor. I would not have searched these things out on my own, so it was fortuitous that he shared some of them with me.

I do indeed know about poblano peppers, but I did not have access to those for this creation. My buddy Phil was out and about and saw some guy roasting peppers out front of a local Safeway. He's always on a search for peppers for his culinary creations, so he bought a bunch, and he dropped some off with me as a favor. I would not have searched these things out on my own, so it was fortuitous that he shared some of them with me.
SWEET!
I've played in Mexican food for years. Always roasted my own chilis. If you didn't know, you roast your chilis using a couple of bread cooling racks, crossed, over the element of your electric range. A year ago our old stove finally got feeble enough that we decided to replace it. With a ceramic top. They really sold the American public piles of PIA rubbish when the sophisticated technology went to only glass top. What a miserable SOB to keep clean. And I can no longer roast peppers on the stovetop. And it's a pia to do them under the broiler and doesn't do as good of a job.

SWEET!
I've played in Mexican food for years. Always roasted my own chilis. If you didn't know, you roast your chilis using a couple of bread cooling racks, crossed, over the element of your electric range. A year ago our old stove finally got feeble enough that we decided to replace it. With a ceramic top. They really sold the American public piles of PIA rubbish when the sophisticated technology went to only glass top. What a miserable SOB to keep clean. And I can no longer roast peppers on the stovetop. And it's a pia to do them under the broiler and doesn't do as good of a job.
Yeah, I got a glass-top in 2009 after The Boy tried to catch the house on fire with a failed cooking "experiment" while the (now-ex) wife was in the shower and The Boy was unsupervised (he was 6 at the time of the blaze) in the kitchen. Thought it was the be all-end all when we first got it. But I quickly learned what you have learned. While it's easy to clean due to it's single planar surface, it's not so easy to keep clean due to every little thing burning into the top. :rolleyes:

And the vulture is already circling

View attachment 1263376
Cute dog! I can see why he/she came around feigning starvation; that's a good looking steak.

Here's tonight's fixins: sirloin steak with pasta salad (bowtie pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, black olives, Muenster cheese, chick peas, red wine vinaigrette with lots of dill. As usual, sourdough to clean the plate. The hound and I shared five fresh-picked plums for dessert. More than sated ...

20220823_170811 (2).jpg 20220823_171637 (2).jpg 20220823_195517 (2).jpg

Cute dog! I can see why he/she came around feigning starvation; that's a good looking steak.

Here's tonight's fixins: sirloin steak with pasta salad (bowtie pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, black olives, Muenster cheese, chick peas, red wine vinaigrette with lots of dill. As usual, sourdough to clean the plate. The hound and I shared five fresh-picked plums for dessert. More than sated ...

View attachment 1263969 View attachment 1263970 View attachment 1263971
Sometimes she gets lucky and I drop one of the kids hotdogs and let her have it. Last night she was hoping for some gristle but there wasn't any.
How big is that sirloin?

Sometimes she gets lucky and I drop one of the kids hotdogs and let her have it. Last night she was hoping for some gristle but there wasn't any.
How big is that sirloin?
How big was that steak? I dunno, maybe one belt notch. :)
Don't know the weight, but about the size of my hand, I guess.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top