JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is Rougette Bon-fire Grilling cheese, it's like a small mild brie that gets crispy on the outside and creamy and soft on the inside when grilled or pan fried.
Thanks!

It sounds...
Delizioso.JPG

OK, a question to you people that deep-fry a lot... I've got about 2 cups of oil that is so nasty from the ☝️above fiasco☝️ that it is unusable for anything. How do you guys dispose of such an abomination? I know I can't pour it down the sink/toilet, and I don't want to pour it out in the yard cuz I figure my cat will find it, eat it, and then develop a nasty case of explosive diarrhea all over my comforter in the middle of the night. So, whaddaya guys do with this shiit? Looks like it would take half a roll of paper towels to soak it up - what a waste... Or is there a more environmentally friendly disposal technique? o_O
Here in potland there's a place that recycles used cooking oil. One place on the whole East side of a city this big. Hows that for being "Green"? You might check in your local area. Valuable stuff you know. Once gas a diesel are outlawed, what, 2030 I hear? That's all they'll be allowed to burn in cars/trucks?
If you don't have one of the places that recycle the stuff, put it in plastic whatever with a tight fitting lid and give to the garbage collector. Maybe they want it set aside? If not, hide it with the rest of the garbage. Not your problem after that.

Also, your issue with trying to do "Blackened" anything. Sounds like you used WAY to MUCH oil. Snork. :rolleyes: Better thee than me my friend. When I've blackened, very little oil was used. Just barely enough to dampen each side.

Here in potland there's a place that recycles used cooking oil. One place on the whole East side of a city this big. Hows that for being "Green"? You might check in your local area. Valuable stuff you know. Once gas a diesel are outlawed, what, 2030 I hear? That's all they'll be allowed to burn in cars/trucks?
If you don't have one of the places that recycle the stuff, put it in plastic whatever with a tight fitting lid and give to the garbage collector. Maybe they want it set aside? If not, hide it with the rest of the garbage. Not your problem after that.
Waste Management, the trash disposal contractor here, used to take use motor oil and kitchen fluids, but the new pamphlet that just came out last month now shows that they won't pick up used automotive or kitchen fluids anymore. So, looks like I'm either going to follow Dr. Prepper's or Will's suggestions.
Also, your issue with trying to do "Blackened" anything. Sounds like you used WAY to MUCH oil. Snork. :rolleyes: Better thee than me my friend. When I've blackened, very little oil was used. Just barely enough to dampen each side.
Yeah, I figured that out afterwards. :s0140: As I mentioned, my first attempt at "blackened" cooking was without a recipe, figuring how hard could it be. When I looked at recipes after the carnage in my kitchen had been cleaned up, I saw that the amount of oil used is very small, like barely enough to cover the bottom of the skillet. And, you finish the cooking in the oven, not 100% of it on the range top. Who knew...? :s0092: I way overdid it, thinking that "blackened" cooking was similar to deep frying. Boy, was I wrong...

Cutting up local sirloin steak* to go on fresh garden salad: lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, shredded carrot, dried cranberries, goat cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, a shot of Sriracha, and fresh sourdough to sop up the "gravy." Nutritious and delicious!

* Thanks Clark Wilfert, Oliver Hill Farms

Sirloin_20Aug22.jpg Sirloin for salad_20Aug22.jpg

IMG_1174 (1).jpg

Tri-Tip in Santa Maria Marinade. Spinach and Tomato's fresh from the Garden. Potato, Loaded with Onion and Sour Cream.

To Be Followed UP with Alec Bradley Magic Toast, and Chardonnay.

I got lazy tonight, so I did a plate of capelli d'angelo with a garlicy, chunky, tomato sauce with meatballs and a Caprese salad.
Just pasta n' sauce - nuthin' earth-shatteringly fancy, so didn't bother with pics... :s0092:

full.gif

I had that one coming... and I deserved it... :rolleyes:

"We all have it comin', kid..."

Clint-Unforgiven.jpg

Last Edited:
OK.

So Here's the Deal...

You GO to Grocery Outlet.

And... you Buy these things called Little Debbie Zebra Cakes

View attachment 1262311
OK.

So Here's the Deal...

View attachment 1262311

OK.

So Here's the Deal...

View attachment 1262311
And THEN, you put them in the Freezer til 10 PM and THEN you EAT them...

IMG_1177.jpg

All right, all right, I hear ya already... why the need to quote yourself three frik'n times in one post...??? o_O

A little too much chardonnay...? :)

All right, all right, I hear ya already... why the need to quote yourself three frik'n times...??? o_O

A little too much chardonnay...? :)
HEY I'm still a NOVICE here OK?? Still Fingering things out oh *Wait* FIGURING things Out.... Give ma minute.

Wait I hafta go hit the HEAD.

HEY I'm still a NOVICE here OK?? Still Fingering things out oh *Wait* FIGURING things Out.... Give ma minute.

Wait I hafta go hit the HEAD.
Twenty month anniversary today and 700+ posts, a novice you ain't...

1661066403109.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads