JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Merry Christmas everyone

Attachments

• FE19A165-32A3-4CB3-9E52-7F55CEC03935.jpeg
    FE19A165-32A3-4CB3-9E52-7F55CEC03935.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 35
  • 7AD2567E-21A8-4632-8718-329C235C2741.jpeg
    7AD2567E-21A8-4632-8718-329C235C2741.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 35
Son and grandson flying in tonight from Kentucky and I am smoking a ham on my GMG for our Christmas Day tomorrow, along with smashed Yukon gold baby potatoes and green beans that we grew this year and put up in freezer.

Well, I ain't no gourmet chef de jure and, cooking steaks is a hit or miss with me! Living alone, I sometimes get the hanker'n for a good ole fashion beef on so, I picked up one of these PowerXL indoor smokeless grills today. While it poured outside, I grilled inside!:D Boy let me tell ya, these Porterhouse's came out real tender and juicy with no mess. Going to love this thing for a while!:s0155:

thumbnail_IMG_0001.jpg

When she gets home from work we have two ribeyes ready to go on the charcoal grill.

Walmart had the two bags of Kingford charcoal wraped together today for $18.

Safeway wanted $16.50 for one bag a week ago.

When she gets home from work we have two ribeyes ready to go on the charcoal grill.

Walmart had the two bags of Kingford charcoal wraped together today for $18.

Safeway wanted $16.50 for one bag a week ago.
We went by Walmart to look and see if they had 243 ammo and got the two bags of charcoal also.

Mini zebu back strap. Par-smoked over hickory and apple, reverse seared and finished with a lemon, garlic and rosemary butter. It tastes better than it looks, and it looks darn fine.

IMG_20210329_173448493_HDR.jpg IMG_20210329_174043672.jpg

I saw this thread updated and for a moment had hoped it was a Sobo Post.

Looks great 2Wheels.
Well... here ya go!!!

I really love grilled lamb chops, but my local grocery store hasn't been selling them since about the time the scamdemic started last year. So I tried some lamb shoulder chops. Marinated 'em and threw 'em on the grill the same way I do the straight chops. They are NOT the same. No, not at all. But tonight, I tried something a little different...

I had a package of these shoulder chops in the freezer, so a few days ago I took 'em down to the reefer to thaw, and tonight I rubbed them with olive oil and fresh garlic cloves, then pan-seared them. Then I put them in a covered dish and baked them at 350F for a half-hour. During that time, I finely chopped up some more fresh garlic cloves, crushed some rosemary sprigs, and tossed in a 1/2 cup of orange juice. At the half-hour mark, I poured this braising "sauce" over the chops, turned them over in it a few times so they got coated really good, and covered them again and continued baking for another 20 minutes. Then, I took off the cover, turned the heat way up to like 550F, and braised those suckers while turning them a time or two, spooning more sauce over them with each turn, and watching 'em like a hawk so they wouldn't burn.

While all of this oven-ing was going on during that first half-hour of baking, I took the juice from the searing and made a brown gravy, added some sliced baby criminy 'shrooms, a "healthy dash" of red wine, and let that simmer. Made some baby red mashed 'taters and steamed up a package of mixed veggies, and put together a mixed baby spring greens artisan salad and relish plate. Timed it all perfectly to come out at precisely when the chops were done...

It all came together swimmingly. Those chops were fabulous! The OJ in the braising sauce surprised me with a pleasantly sweet taste to the meat, much like what you would expect a mint jelly to do (of which I did not have any). So the OJ was a real home run right there! Here's the finished product...
Lamb shoulder chops.JPG

Last Edited:
Well... here ya go!!!

I really love grilled lamb chops, but my local grocery store hasn't been selling them since about the time the scamdemic started last year. So I tried some lamb shoulder chops. Marinated 'em and threw 'em on the grill the same way I do the straight chops. They are NOT the same. No, not at all. But tonight, I tried something a little different...

I had a package of these shoulder chops in the freezer, so a few days ago I took 'em down to the reefer to thaw, and tonight I rubbed them with olive oil and fresh garlic cloves, then pan-seared them. Then I put them in a covered dish and baked them at 350F for a half-hour. During that time, I finely chopped up some more fresh garlic cloves, crushed some rosemary sprigs, and tossed in a 1/2 cup of orange juice. At the half-hour mark, I poured this braising "sauce" over the chops, turned them over in it a few times so they got coated really good, and covered them again and continued baking for another 20 minutes. Then, I took off the cover, turned the heat way up to like 550F, and braised those suckers while turning them a time or two, spooning more sauce over them with each turn, and watching 'em like a hawk so they wouldn't burn.

While all of this oven-ing was going on during that first half-hour of baking, I took the juice from the searing and made a brown gravy, added some sliced baby criminy 'shrooms, a "healthy dash" of red wine, and let that simmer. Made some baby red mashed 'taters and steamed up a package of mixed veggies, and put together a mixed baby spring greens artisan salad and relish plate. Timed it all perfectly to come out at precisely when the chops were done...

It all came together swimmingly. Those chops were fabulous! The OJ in the braising sauce surprised me with a pleasantly sweet taste to the meat, much like what you would expect a mint jelly to do (of which I did not have any). So the OJ was a real home run right there! Here's the finished product...
View attachment 877954
Glad to hear from ya. Looks great!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews