JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well 'cos I love this pic soooooo much, here's a re-post of my Mom with a GSG 1911 just after finishing chemo... off topic? yep. But how often d'you get to see ***-kickin' 65 year old women wearing an orange wig, a 'Glee' t-shirt and a handgun? Not often enough, I'd say. Plus the GSG 1911 in .22lr is a TON of fun & a great value. So maybe that's slightly on topic; it'd make a great gift for anybody...
Momsm191104.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys... I found the pic of the ex wife's gun HILARIOUS!!!! so when my wife asked what i was laughin about, i showed her...and got the look... i guess it wasnt as funny as i thought...
And yes ALWAYS be careful what you promise your wife.. mine wanted a pistol and i told her to pick one... thought she would want a sigpro 2340 like mine since she can print sub 6 inch groups at 20 yards...(2nd time she shot it).. BUT NOOOO... she shot a friends hk elite 45 fell in love with the feel and then saw the hk usp pro match in 45.. not only can i not find one but i'm gonna have to sell a kid to afford it if i ever do find one. OH... and she wants a matching pair...lol

Yeah, I gripped a 26 and I didn't feel like I had a solid grip on it. Maybe with an extended mag deal I'd feel comfortable, but I just really can't stand my pinky finger hanging off anything. I can't imagine being comfortable firing it if I don't even feel right holding it. Which is why I'm hesitant to go too small with my first purchase (if ever). It's something I'm really struggling with. Do I want to sacrifice something like that for easier CC or not, etc. I'm not sure, but I'm kinda thinking no for the most part. unsure.gif Fortunately if I really want to CC I do have the option of getting a larger purse. :p

Honestly unless you know someone with the type of gun you would like to carry, your best bet is to get an idea of what you may like... go to gun stores and hold them... after you buy it you may find you dont like it.. or something about it.. iv gone through many guns, I like carry sigs or glocks..

Like most I do not look at screen names to be gender specific.Your best rout is to get some training where they have different guns for you to shoot. I or no one else can tell you what gun will be best for you. For what it is worth of the three woman that shoot in the local action pistol league, two use Kimber 1911s and the third uses a XD 9mm.

Just holding a gun will not tell you how it will be shooting it, you really need to shoot before you buy. My hands are getting more arthritic and some guns hurt when I shoot them even though they feel great just to hold. A plus for the 1911 is that there are 22 conversions available for it , there are also kits available for some other guns, this will let you practice with cheep ammo.

Good luck with your purchase and remember no one has just one gun.

Like most I do not look at screen names to be gender specific.Your best rout is to get some training where they have different guns for you to shoot. I or no one else can tell you what gun will be best for you.

Good luck with your purchase and remember no one has just one gun.

I know. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
Yeah, I gripped a 26 and I didn't feel like I had a solid grip on it. Maybe with an extended mag deal I'd feel comfortable, but I just really can't stand my pinky finger hanging off anything. I can't imagine being comfortable firing it if I don't even feel right holding it. Which is why I'm hesitant to go too small with my first purchase (if ever). It's something I'm really struggling with. Do I want to sacrifice something like that for easier CC or not, etc. I'm not sure, but I'm kinda thinking no for the most part. Fortunately if I really want to CC I do have the option of getting a larger purse.

See now you have the option of a "man purse" and can pull it off just fine.
And don't "compromise" good handling with CC size.You will be hesitant to shoot it.
Not really something you want when pulling a gun.

For a while back in the day, my wife took over my Glock 23, she didn't want a "wimpy" Glock 19 in 9 mm. :s0112: She was fantastic with the Glock. However she later converted to be a revolver shooter. My wife's gun is an old police surplus S&W M&P .38 spl. with 4 in barrel that was being used as a school gun at the place we took our training 20 years ago. We bought it off the instructor. Got a good deal too. One of the few guns I have owned that is worth more now than when I bought it. It is one of the best shooting guns ever. The double action trigger is silky smooth like butter. :D Truly a pleasure to shoot. Both she and I can shoot the center out of a target with it. For precision pistol shooting, nothing else I have ever shot can do as good a job or bring the kind of satisfaction this one has. If you don't appreciate revolvers you haven't shot one with a trigger like this. It may be nothing special to look at and it can't chamber the more potent .357 magnum and I always prefer to carry a semi auto but we will probably never sell this gun. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top