JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you don't know who Tom Grieve is he is a Wisconsin attorney who runs a legal 2a YouTubes channel. His channel is pretty good in general and he's got a pretty good sense of humor...as you will see in this video.

In honor of Valentines Day...I think...he posted this very helpful video on how to deal with a hostile gate keeper who heaps piles of "crap" upon you whenever you try to grow your beloved collection. The video has a bit of the "Hot/Crazy Matrix" vibe to it. It's kinda hilarious.

My wife has came to the conclusion that I am heavily addicted to firearms and that it will never change. For my yearly birthday present I get my range fees paid. For Christmas it is always something to do with firearms - this year it was a 500$ gift certificate to Hellar Tactical for my current build in progress. I bought a second safe last year and am already planning my third. I am truely a lost cause and plan to stay that way.

Got there years ago myself.
Here's a tip to get a new gun in the house, do it in plain sight. go out with several gun cases but one is empty. New gun comes home in the previously empty case.
A friend of mine bragged to me that his wife had no idea of all the guns he had. He said that he moved them around so much that she couldn't keep track of them.

After the divorce, he admitted that she had a detailed list, which cost him dearly.

A friend of mine bragged to me that his wife had no idea of all the guns he had. He said that he moved them around so much that she couldn't keep track of them.

After the divorce, he admitted that she had a detailed list, which cost him dearly.
I'm not married. But if I were and we divorced and she came after the guns...well...I can be pretty fricking petty when unjustly pushed. She's not going after the guns because she wants them. She's either going after them just to be spiteful or she's going after them because she wants comparable value of something else.

But did I mention how petty I can be? I'd tell her it's fine, she can absolutely have half of them. But I want half of her shoes, half of her purses, half of her jewelry, and half of anything else that is near and dear to her.

Choose wisely gentlemen...and may the odds be ever in your favor.

WOLVERINES!

I guess I am different - after being married for four decades I would be more concerned about her well being versus how many guns she wanted. Thier are a few that are irreplaceable but the rest can repurchased.

I figure if your significant other is upset about the number of guns you buy, either (a) she is worried about finances, (b) feels she is not getting enough attention from you, or (c) is concerned that you're turning into a nut. I would avoid hiding the purchases - that could create distrust in the relationship, which could cause a lot of other problems elsewhere. Divorces are expensive, and life partners are valuable in countless ways.

If (a), not a bad idea to sit down and discuss finances to make sure you're on the same page. Her concerns may be overblown, or may be legitimate - only way to find out is to talk it out.

If (b), work into your gun budget a little extra to buy your wife something nice, take her out to dinner, get her flowers, whatever her favorite things are. Call it bribery, call it a spouse tax, whatever, it shows her you care about her and appreciate her, and it might lessen the friction a bit.

Unfortunately, there's no avoiding (c) - your already a nut, nothing you or she can do about that.

A neighbor had a policy that when he bought a gun, he bought something for his wife. Sometimes it was something she needed, like an appliance that she desired, and sometimes it was jewelry, a trip, or something else special. They had a long and happy marriage.

My guns have many purposes some are for enjoyment, some are for bad times. I have enough for a long time. I have more than I need but not as many as I want as the saying goes. At this point if my wife needs an appliance she will get it first. I personally like clean clothes and good food. If there is money left over I will put it towards my hobby. I am a lucky person. I like to think it's because of my choices in life and a great deal of luck.

I guess I am different - after being married for four decades I would be more concerned about her well being versus how many guns she wanted. Thier are a few that are irreplaceable but the rest can repurchased.
Same here. I value my wife far more than I value my guns.

If for some reason I had to choose between her and my guns, I wouldn't need to hesitate for a millisecond. For one thing, she would never dream of asking me to choose. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top